VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/18/2009 Special Report: Infiltrating the Loyalty Challenge Laboratory  (Read 4436 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

Official Link:   SW Blog

SmallWorlds Blog

Special Report: Infiltrating the Loyalty Challenge Laboratory

May 18th, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Greetings, SmallWorlds citizens, Kent Kronkite here. Did you know there is a whole new Loyalty Challenge series starting in June? I know I am not alone in puzzling over what the new prize will be for next month.

In addition, a lot of you have been asking what your Dragon Eggs will transform into. The answers to both of these questions are, of course, top secret. But being a determined investigative reporter, I resolved to try to find out!

Placing myself at great risk, I managed to smuggle myself into the highly secure and top secret SmallWorlds Loyalty Challenge Lab. Located in a hidden warehouse, it’s patrolled by guards with freeze-ray guns and savage pets that have been trained to kill.

Citizens, what I saw there was nothing less than astounding. As I peeked out of my hiding place, I saw swarms of scientists in white lab coats working feverishly on an amazing-looking machine. I was certain I had found the Combobulator!

Okay - Whats a Combobulator?

Some of you may ask, “What on earth is a Combobulator?” It is indeed an incredible machine. It can take Loyalty Challenge Items and completely transform them!

For example, over the last three months you may have collected an Ice Dragon Egg, a Fire Dragon Egg and a Whirlwind Dragon Egg. If you have all three, you will be able to insert them into the Combobulator. But what I needed to find out was, what magnificent item will the Combobulator create from your eggs?

SmallWorlds citizens, I was determined to find out! The moment the scientists turned their backs, I crept closer to the machine. I heard whirring and grinding. Then a terrible scratching noise and what sounded like the clanking of a chain. The intense light coming from the machine almost blinded me! Suddenly there was a noise from the door. I barely had time to dash back to my hiding place before an important-looking man bustled in.

The man seemed highly distressed. “Isn’t the machine working yet?” he asked the scientists. “It must be ready for June!”

The scientists grovelled and babbled excuses. Going by their sun-deprived skin and red-rimmed eyes, they are working day and night to get the machine finished in time. I only hope they will succeed!

“Did you know that many people have been asking questions?” said the man. “They seem confused about the details of the Loyalty Challenge Series.”

The poor scientists looked as though they might burst into tears! I could barely stop myself from leaping out of the crate I was hiding in, just to reassure them. I have taken it upon myself to clarify the Loyalty Challenge Series for you all. But before I do, I have a very exciting piece of news!

After the man left, the scientists started talking about something else - the NEW June Loyalty Challenge!

New Loyalty Challenge Series Starts in June

I strained my ears to hear as the scientists walked further away from my crate. I could only pick up a few words here and there.

“Transform… great reward… dedicated players…” And then I heard it! One short, bald scientist was warned to be careful, as: “It could kill you with just one bite.” SmallWorlds citizens, I feel sure the warning was about June’s Loyalty Challenge reward. If June’s item is a dangerous creature, what horrors lie in store for July and August? And I tremble even thinking about what the Combobulator will eventually transform the new items into.

Just then, a team of workers burst in. To my shock, they were collecting the crates - including the one I was hiding in! I stayed absolutely still as they picked up my crate and carried it away with them. It took a super-hero-like leap and I had a very rumpled tie by the time I’d managed to escape… but I was determined to bring you the amazing images I had taken of the Combobulator.

Using the Combobulator

If only I could have let the scientists know that I was on their side! Here are the details they would want you to know about the Loyalty Challenge Series:

At the beginning of this Loyalty Challenge series, you were limited to owning only one of each of the three dragon eggs. You can now own two each of the three kinds of dragon egg - Fire, Ice and Whirlwind.
Teams of SmallWorlds scientists are working hard to get the Combobulator ready for you. Sometime in June its secret location will be revealed.

If you have one of each kind of Dragon Egg (Fire, Ice, and Whirlwind), you will have the opportunity to visit the Combobulator and insert your eggs. They will be transformed into a very special bonus item. You can retain any additional eggs you have in your inventory.

Current scientific expertise means that the transformation will at this stage be a one-way process. This means that you will need to decide if you wish to a) keep your eggs or b) use the Combobulator to transform them into a special item.

If you wish to purchase more eggs after you have combobulated your three original dragon eggs, you may do so. This means that you will be able to own the “combobulated” bonus item andkeep up to two of each egg in your inventory.
I hope this has been a useful clarification for all citizens. My undercover assignment was a risk worth taking for you all!

Monday, June 1st - A Very Important Date

It’s not long until we shall all be able to discover the new Loyalty Challenge item for ourselves - June is just around the corner!

If you complete the current Loyalty Challenge on Monday the 1st June, you will receive the new item. I’ve already earned all my Dragon eggs, and I am excited to find out what surprises the next series will hold. I can’t help from shivering with anticipation when I think of it!

And please rest assured, SmallWorlds citizens, that I shall continue to put my liberty on the line to bring you every important update as it happens.

~Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:59 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up