VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/7/2009 Here’s to you, Mom!  (Read 4120 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
5/7/2009 Here’s to you, Mom!
« on: May 07, 2009, 07:50 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog

Here’s to you, Mom!

May 8th, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Sunday May 10 gives us the chance to let a very special woman know how much she means to us. Yes, it’s Mothers Day! I’ve been reflecting on how much I appreciate my own mother, and I’m looking for a way to make her feel special this Sunday.

If I want to spend time with Mom, all I have to do is log on! She’s usually playing pool in the Cue Club, or starting a Magic fight in Mysterio’s. I wondered if there were other mothers online with their daughters, and once I started looking it didn’t take long to find some.

Moms and Daughters Rule!

A tip-off led me to Bonita Laquita’s lovely home (Bonita’s Barrio) to speak to Bonita and her real-life daughter Stephanie Kelley.

“Steph was the one who got me into SmallWorlds and now you can’t drag me away,” says Bonita. “She thought she would hate me on here… but when she gets home from school first thing she asks me is “HOW MANY MISSIONS DID YOU DO!” …LOL.

The two of them love doing missions together. Bonita says, “Most of the time I have to ask her for help. She thinks that’s pretty funny.”
Stephanie told me that SmallWorlds had brought her and her Mum closer together. “We socialize more. And we get a kick out of the characters we meet on here!”
She thinks her mom is pretty cool for playing SmallWorlds. In fact… “She’s the coolest Mom on the block! LOL”

Another mother and daughter team who love to get online together are Willow Storm and her daughter Teardrop Onfire. I visited them at the Seaside Art Gallery, a beautiful gallery that showcases the work of Journey Retreat as well as Willow and Teardrop.

Willow told me that spending time online with Teardrop has been “…an awesome experience!”

Before SmallWorlds, Teardrop and Willow were each busy with their own lives, which seldom meshed. Willow says “Our interests were different. But I think we have regained closeness since she joined me here.”

Mother’s Day Ideas

If you and your Mom play together in SmallWorlds, how can you make her feel special this mother’s day? Well you could start with that good ol’ traditional gift of a box of chocs and single red rose in a vase.

Moms love that kind of thing. But what they love more is you actually doing stuff for them. You could offer to clean up her space a little. Maybe redecorate for her? Or gift her a new furniture item? A great idea would be to grab a graffiti board and write her a poem or draw her a picture. You could even throw her a party – invite some of her friends around to help celebrate your mom!

Will you be my Mwommy? 

Lots of people on SmallWorlds play the adoption game. There are many day care centers and adoption agencies where you can adopt or be adopted. Hey, if Brangelina can do it, then it must be cool, right?

But some players have been expressing some frustrations about being repeatedly asked to be a mommy or daddy. If you’re one of those looking for a parent, we’d encourage you to head for an agency instead of asking around in public spaces. If someone lets you know they are not interested in being your Mom or Dad, please don’t keep asking. To keep things enjoyable for everyone, we urge you to try one of the many adoption centres in SmallWorlds, where you’re sure to find yourself a willing parent!

Happy Mothers Day

Lastly, I’d like to wish a very happy mother’s day to my lovely Mom, and to all of the mothers out there.
- Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:15 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up