VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/1/2009 Make way for the Ollyphant!  (Read 4753 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
5/1/2009 Make way for the Ollyphant!
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:50 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog
Make way for the Ollyphant!
April 29th, 2009 by Hilary Jackson

A fully grown elephant takes up a lot of room. Ollyphant may not be all that big, but he’s got a giant personality.  We’re delighted to introduce you to the SmallWorlds monthly collectible for May.  Just look at those big baby blues!  We think Ollyphant could charm his way into anyone’s affections.

We did a little elephant research and learned that Ollyphant and his kin are amazing creatures.

An Elephant’s Trunk
As well as being useful for washing and drinking (and spraying your friends!), the trunk of an elephant plays a key role in many social interactions. Familiar elephants will greet each other by entwining their trunks, much like a handshake. They also use them while play-wrestling, caressing loved ones, and for dominance displays.  As you’d expect, trunks are also great for sniffing things out - by raising their trunk up in the air and swivelling it from side to side like a periscope, elephants are able to determine the location of friends, enemies, and food.

Where Can I get my own Ollyphant?

Ollyphant is available as always, in Mysterios, for 2000 gold.  Like all other monthly collectibles, he can be worn by anyone as there are no XP level barriers.

More Elephant Facts
The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump
An elephant’s tooth can weight as much as three kilograms
Elephants purr like cats do, as a means of communication
Elephants are able to swim for long distances
Elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating
They have the largest brains in the animal kingdom
Become one of the Herd!
So, what are you waiting for!  Head on down to Mysterio’s and grab your own Ollyphant. Remember…he’s only available in official SmallWorlds stores during May.  We’ve seen December’s collectible - the Snow Fox - changing hands for as much as 90,000 gold.  So make sure you don’t miss out on any of our collectibles while you can get them for just 2000 gold!

We’re really looking forward to seeing  lots of Ollyphants charging around in-world.  Perhaps you and your friends might like to create an Ollyphant herd together.  That would indeed be a sight to see!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 5/1/2009 Make way for the Ollyphant!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:15 AM »

Awww, he's cute!!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up