VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/21/2009 Something’s Cooking in My Kitchen  (Read 3984 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
4/21/2009 Something’s Cooking in My Kitchen
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:51 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog
Something’s Cooking in My Kitchen
April 21st, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

- A report by Honesty Blaize

After Kent took me out on a night to remember, I wanted to repay his kindness.  A delicious, home cooked meal at my place was the perfect solution.  But when I went home to my own little corner of SmallWorlds and had a look around the kitchen, I realized there were a few kitchen tools that would make cooking easier.

Luckily for me, and for all SmallWorlds citizens who love their kitchens, the SmallWorlds team have been cooking up some tasty little morsels for us all.  They’ve released some fantastic new kitchen items!

I’ve been pouring through my recipe books, trying to come up with a meal that Kent will really enjoy.  I’ve heard that his tastes are rather conservative, so I can’t get too adventurous; but at the same time I want to take him just a little outside his comfort zone…

The New Kitchen Items

Knives

For a chef, a set of good knives must be like a high quality notepad and a great pen to a journalist - nothing short of essential.  Here’s a great comprehensive knife block with a knife to make each and every cut you’ll ever need!

Food Processor

This food processor is a wonderfully useful piece of kitchen equipment. I thought I might use this to blend up a Mexican-inspired salsa; fresh tomatoes, coriander, garlic… mmmmm!  I’ll serve it up with some crispy corn chips.

Wok

Now this is where I need to think carefully. I’m all into Asian Fusion cooking, but dear Kent is into simpler fare; and I’m going to zap his tastebuds with the salsa already.  Maybe you’ve got some recipe suggestions for me?

Microwaves

(Standard Microwave)

Being a reporter at SmallWorlds is a very busy job and anything that can save me time has my vote!  If you’re shopping for a microwave, you can choose between the standard or the deluxe version, which opens.

(Deluxe Microwave)

Grab your new Kitchen items from Ace today!

After I found out that the new kitchen items were available, I went straight on down to Aces Appliances to make my purchases.  Now my kitchen not only looks wonderful, it’s a fully functioning gastronomic creation station!

Cooking skills a little rusty?
if you need to brush up on your cooking skills a little, here are a few missions to complete:

Cooking up a Storm - at Mai’s Bar and Bistro

Jungle Cooking Class 102 - At Skippers Jungle Cruise Missions

Cooking a SmallWorlds Feast! - At Max and Adelias Cooking School

And now, I must away and get back to my recipe books to plan the meal I shall cook for Kent.  I’d like to  leave you with a few kitchen inspired quotes from some well-known celebrities:

I don’t believe in low-fat cooking - Nigella Lawson

Getting into the habit of switching a timer on will, I promise, save you from any number of kitchen disasters. - Delia Smith

What’s a soup kitchen? - Paris Hilton

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. - Harry Truman
~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:08 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 4/21/2009 Something’s Cooking in My Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:52 PM »

Lots of new items. Some are gold only. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up