VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/14/2008 A Night To Remember  (Read 3937 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
4/14/2008 A Night To Remember
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:19 AM »

SmallWorlds Blog

A Night To Remember

April 14th, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Greetings, SmallWorlds Citizens. It’s Kent Kronkite, investigative reporter, with something to confess. Lately, I’ve been feeling a little distracted.

You all know my efficient, intelligent, hardworking, eloquent, earnest… and I must admit, somewhat attractive coworker, Honesty Blaize. If I ever have writer’s block or feel in need of inspiration, I have only to bring her image to mind, her eyes fixed on her notes and computer monitor, making a stand for all that is good, true and newsworthy.

Last night was Honesty’s 3 month anniversary working at the Chronicle, and I wanted to take her out for a night to remember, as a way to express the profound professional respect I feel for her. But where could we go?

I retreated to Kave Kronkite, the place I go to do all my most serious thinking. Dan SmallWorlds dropped in while I was there, and I summoned enough courage to ask him for ideas. At first all he said was “…spa pools, spa pools and more spa pools, baby!”. Needless to say, this raised a bead of nervous sweat on my upper lip! I’d never been in a spa pool with anyone except my dear old Grandma - it’s good for her arthritis.

But eventually, Dan gave me some more suggestions…

Dan’s Suggestions

First up, he said I should take Honesty to Kikis Romance Dance/ Diner. I imagined ordering a bottle of something expensive and Honesty saying something really smart about sentence structure. We could play word games together on the paper napkins.

The Case of the last True Kiss

After dinner, Dan suggested I could take her to do a mystery mission - Case of the last True Kiss. It’s a short story mystery mission that he was sure Honesty’s investigative journalist heart would warm to!

The Love Spa

And lastly, Dan suggested I take her to The Love Spa. Although I knew Honesty would appreciate the chance to do research for the chlorinated water story she was working on, this suggestion made me blush. However would I dare to take a dip with her?

After Dan left, I considered what he’d said. It was already getting late, and I was due to pick up Honesty. Would I have the courage to take up Dan’s suggestions?

Our Night to Remember

Fates Do it Yourself Date Spot

I decided that Fates Do-it-Yourself Date Spot would be a great place to have dinner. Honesty sat waited at the table while I whipped up a fantastic meal for her. I took a pad and pen along, and we came up with some ideas for future articles for the SmallWorlds Chronicle.

Spa at Granny Margy’s

The meal went so well that I was feeling brave. Throwing all caution to the wind, I suggested we might indeed take a spa together (gulp). At the last minute I chickened out of suggesting the Love Spa, so I took Honesty to Granny Margys Cottage. It’s Grandma Kronkite’s favorite place to go for a soak.

Granny Margy would probably be baking some cookies in the kitchen (which was within plain sight of the spa pool), and so Honesty would have no need to question my intentions. There was even a Granny Made Cake mission to do for a sweet after-dinner treat.

Finally, Some Art

For the perfect finish to our evening, Honesty and I browsed through some of SmallWorlds wonderful art galleries. We wandered through too many to list, but some of them were: Rabbit Smith’s gallery, Tez’s gallery, Peggo Beta’s Original Art Gallery and Radio Art Gallery. We finished up by going through all five wings of Blaze’s Art Inferno, where Jamie has featured many of SmallWorlds best artists.

Seeing the talent and beauty on show, Honesty got quite emotional. Noticing a tear glistening in her eye, I felt quite justified in giving her hand a small extra squeeze when I shook it goodnight.

It was indeed a night to remember. Hopefully now Honesty knows two things - firstly that she’s the best darned reporter I’ve ever met, and second, that a night out on the town in SmallWorlds sure is a bundle of fun!

http://blog.smallworlds.com/2009/04/14/a-night-to-remember/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:26 AM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up