VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Host Hunt NOW 5/8 at 5 EST edit: it's OVER  (Read 8840 times)

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
Host Hunt NOW 5/8 at 5 EST edit: it's OVER
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:19 PM »

There is a Harmony and Fin host hunt right now.  Just started at 5.  Remember to say the phrase exactly as posted.  IDK what the prize is yet. Good luck!

In game message:
"Our HOST Hunt has begun. You MUST say I found HOST_Harmony or I found HOST_Fin EXACTLY, including the _, depending on which host you find.

Only the FIRST person to say it exactly right in each room will win, and will be awarded our new HOST Exclusive Prize automatically. So get ready

Here We come!!  Remember you can only win once a day. Good Luck!!"

~Dream
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:02 PM by DreamTulip »
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: Host Hunt NOW 5/8 at 5 EST
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:28 PM »

Thank you for the info Dream.  I was going to go on earlier and was like nah, maybe later and of course since I didn't go they have the host game.  LOL!  Always works that way.  :)  However, since you were nice enough to tell us I went on and tried to win the lava lamp.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:33 PM »

Thanks for the headsup!

I personally like the new system...and I also hate it. 

First, I hate when Harm and Fin both do the hunt together.  It seems to lessen the chance of me winning instead of increasing it.  Inevitably, I'll have the wrong thing typed and will miss winning the hunt (happened at least 3 times for me today).

Second, for a system as streamlined as it is now, there should be MUCH less time in between rounds.  Blech...seems like there's MORE waiting between rounds now! 

I do love that the system automagically picks the winner.  No fighting with the host is necessary...no human error.

I love that it automagically puts the prize in the winners inventory.

I love that it doesn't allow anyone to say "I found HOST_Whoever" after the winner does.

I love that it has curbed the HUGE problem of people being in a room going "I found host whoever" over and over and over...even when there isn't anyone new coming into the room.  Just saying it...over...and over...blech.

The way that we have to type it now is the way the 'big players' have won for a long time.  You would think that the playing field would be MUCH more even now...yet I still see the 'big players' winning alot.

....and again...why STILL the long pauses between rounds????????????????? :??:

All in all, this is the way to go if they're going to do host hunts.  It's a shame that in some areas it doesn't seem as efficient as it should be. 

I much prefer the ride-a-thons and even the teleporter games as opposed to the hunts. 

Personal opinion.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  Now what were we talking about??? :notme:

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:25 PM »

Congrats to the winners!!!

I miserably lost as I was not fast enough to identify Fin... and then waited for an hour for Harmony and nothing...

Next time... muahaha.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 07:58 PM »

Totally agree with you Flame. I wish the Host Hunt prizes were the same as Host prizes for the other events, just my opinion. We are terrible at Host Hunts and I swear I am a Host repellent.  :lolg:

I do think that if they are still going to have Host Hunts, this new system is a brilliant solution to the "human error" factor of that event. No whining or arguing with the Hosts, all done automatically. I was expecting more hunts to get done with the new system and did notice it was not going as quickly as I thought it would. We were only on for a bit, so I'm not sure how the entire event went. Maybe it was taking longer tonight with 2 hosts to be found? I also think that many players, especially tht younger set keep asking the hosts tons of questions about upcoming events/items. I'm wondering if that might be taking up time between rounds.  :??: Fin and Harmony are so sweet, I think it can be hard for them to not respond.

I was looking around and I don't think we have a thread about the new Host Hunt System. I will look again and create something if it is not already out there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:11 PM by PrincessWendyBird »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 08:48 PM »

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  Both Fin and Harmony were wearing bunny ear hats on today and were telling everyone to make sure they stop in on Easter for a very special gift.  I am thinking maybe it might be the hats they were wearing?  Only time will tell!  :)

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 09:56 PM »

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  Both Fin and Harmony were wearing bunny ear hats on today and were telling everyone to make sure they stop in on Easter for a very special gift.  I am thinking maybe it might be the hats they were wearing?  Only time will tell!  :)

Was able to get a pic of those ears...

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 11:26 PM »

Great picture verenice!  :thumb: I will add it to the first post of the "Bunny Ears" thread as an additional look at the ears. (Giving you credit, of course  ;) )

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:19 AM »

Personally I do not even try anymore to host hunt. And it is a stupid game anyways. Especially when trying to build a room. Since every pa announcement I have to click ok so annoying. But they have to keep the herds entertainment somehow. What now start I treasure hunt. I sure miss taking pics like we could on VMK.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 07:02 AM »

Oh cute!  Bunny ears!  That's another one of Fin's ideas/creations!  She also came up with the idea for the Luck of the Irish enchantment pin.

As for host hunts, I'm right with you all about being "host repellant."  I was thinking.... is there any way we can keep a running thread open during host hunts?  That way if you see a host or hear of a host in a certain room, you can post it, and the rest of us can know not to visit that room again during the event?  Does that make sense?  Or do they have a habit of visiting the same room twice in one event? 

Just thought if we could eliminate some rooms, we'd up our chances at spotting Fin or Harmony.  Yup, always looking for a way to "cheat" ;)  LOL!   :angel:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 11:02 AM »

OH!  Just thought of another thing that I disliked that was happening before the new rules:

There exists a group of people in VFK that love to gift things to other people.  Sadly, they're only doing this to garner attention (they also have plenty to spare, so they're not really losing anything).  We actually witnessed one of these people at the opera house during one hunt.  They wanted to gift their award to someone else in their 'group'.  Harmony forgot to say that is was gifted to 'so-and-so' in the popup announcing the winner.  The person flipped out on Harmony because she didn't let everyone know that this winner was gifting their prize to 'so-and-so'.  Pretty disgusting to watch, actually.

With the new system, gifting is not possible.  The prize is automatically awarded, so it's up to the winner to gift their prize to another person...without announcing it to the whole world...which is the way it should be.

I agree Wendy that the hosts are helping people with questions they have during the hunt...anything from "what's coming out for Easter?" to "I need my title changed".  I witnessed it yesterday during one round in the room I was in.  Someone complained that they said it right but didn't win.  Fin then asked them to say it again so she could see their mistake.  Unfortunately, the person couldn't type it again because the winner had already said it!  The person HAD typed it right...they just were not the first to say it.  Took her a while to figure that out.  Really, people should read the instructions that are posted over and over and over again during every popup announcing the beginning of a new round.  There was even a lone popup yesterday that specifically reminded people AGAIN of how to say it.  And still there were people flying around saying it the wrong way and complaining that they said it first but didn't win.  Sigh...

I've talked to VFK before about the teleporter games getting jammed up and the lines getting so long because someone is badgering the host for a new title, asking when Space Age is coming out, etc.  I suggested that they disable chat once a player gets into the teleporter room so that there are more chances for others to win.  They said that the hosts liked to help people.  I think the point of my suggestion was lost.  By helping that one person for five minutes, another 100 people (or more) are being added to the queue as everyone in the queue waits longer.  I would suggest the same thing with host hunts.  They've already disabled anyone from saying "I found HOST_Whoever" after the winner has said it.  All chat in the room could be disabled just as easily...resulting in a major speedup of the entire hunt.  Guess I'm just a person that craves efficiency and likes to see things run smoothly.  Streamlined and all that....for the good of the hundreds of people who are patiently (or not) waiting for their turn at a prize.

As far as keeping a running thread going during the hunt so that we can track where the hosts have already been:  I've tossed that around a few times.  I LOVE the idea.  You don't know how many times yesterday we were going back and forth in our house wondering where the hosts have already been.  Something like an open thread would be a great idea.

Again...personal opinion.

Flamanar

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 11:29 AM »

Can someone help me with the host hunt game. Do we go to public rooms and wait to see if a host pops in? I never even see a host during the hunts, much less almost win. I have never seen anyone win. What am I missing/doing wrong?
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 11:46 AM »

SleepingBeth, basically the most easy way to catch a Host during a hunt is to stay in a particular room and wait for them. Be ready at any point. They usually enter from a different entrance than the regular exits, so that will help. Usually, Harmony or Fin come in as wolves or fairies, but mostly they use the wolf magic. One time, Harmony did enter as a Beta player, so that was hilarious... Do not leave the room for any reason whatsoever.

The best rooms to find them are usually the Game lobby rooms, Australia Opera House, the blackmsith, Merlin's store lobby, garden, Victorian streets, all MAPS and any other most used room. They will not go to a Fairy World or Mermfolk room, so do not worry on that.

When you find the host, say, I found HOST_Harmony or I found HOST_Fin (No ! or . in the end of the sentence) This will be exactly the way VFK wants you to say the wording.

Hope this helped. If you have any more questions, let me know.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 12:57 PM »

Wow!  I missed a lot didn't I?!  :(   Thanks for the heads up on the event though Dream!   :2thunbs:

Ah well, it's only the beginning of the month.  I'm still hoping at a chance at the broken mine carts, that I missed out on too.   :lolg:

VFK Homepage Announcements for these Host Events, in ample time would be wonderful!!!  Ah, that would be too simple I suppose. 

Because, in my perfect little world everyone would have at least 1 Host prize.   ;)    :hug:    Kinda reminds me of this actually .... "in my world everyones a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies"    Too much "Horton Hears a Who" around our house.    :lolg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJkaKAIl_Fc
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00 PM »

Oh cute!  Bunny ears!  That's another one of Fin's ideas/creations!  She also came up with the idea for the Luck of the Irish enchantment pin.

As for host hunts, I'm right with you all about being "host repellant."  I was thinking.... is there any way we can keep a running thread open during host hunts?  That way if you see a host or hear of a host in a certain room, you can post it, and the rest of us can know not to visit that room again during the event?  Does that make sense?  Or do they have a habit of visiting the same room twice in one event? 

Just thought if we could eliminate some rooms, we'd up our chances at spotting Fin or Harmony.  Yup, always looking for a way to "cheat" ;)  LOL!   :angel:

Really liking this idea, Pink. We are tossing around ideas for the best way to set this up.  :bighug:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 04:57 PM »

Really liking this idea, Pink. We are tossing around ideas for the best way to set this up.  :bighug:

Confused how we find out which rooms the Hosts were found though since most of us wear "Host-Be-Gone Repellent" - extra strength kind!  :lolg:

That would be a great idea, we definitely need to up our chances!  :thumb:

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 06:59 AM »

Well funfly, for example... even though I'm personally host repellant, the last time I was playing Host Game, I was walking on the map to get to my "spot" when I overheard someone talking about how they just won at Merlin's.  Said a quick congrats and went on my way.  Later that same evening, I lost connection and had to walk back to my "spot" which happened to be the back of the Opera House.  When I landed in the front preparing to walk through, I spotted Harmony there gifting the winner and patiently explaining to all others why they didn't win (poor girl! I don't know how she does it - she was really being given a hard time by some). 

So.... that could have eliminated two places for us.... even though I was unlucky myself, LOL!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up