VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/7/2009 Easter Eggs, Easter Bunnies… and Easter Island!  (Read 4535 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

SmallWorlds Blog
Easter Eggs, Easter Bunnies… and Easter Island!
April 7th, 2009 - Hilary Jackson

Easter is a time for giving, and we’re pleased to announce that we’ve got a very special gift to give you.  What is it?  Well, here’s a clue… it’s both super-fast and delicious!

But before I tell you what it is, let me tell you where we’re going to spend Easter this year… Easter Island!

Easter Island is a small Polynesian island in the Pacific Ocean.  For those SmallWorlds citizens who are unable to make the trip there, we decided that we’d bring the island’s famous statues direct to you! These large stone statues (called Moai) are what Easter Island is world-famous for.  There’s 887 of them on the island.

They are usually called “Easter Island heads” but did you know that they are actually complete torsos, the figures kneeling on bent knees with their hands over their stomachs?  For us, this pointed to some pretty strong evidence for the Moai having overindulged in chocolate eggs, and strengthened our theory that this would be the best place on the planet for an Easter Egg hunt!

Easter Mission:  Find the Easter Eggs (before the Moai beat you to them!)

We’ve created an Easter mission for you, located on Easter Island - and we think you can guess what you need to do. Yep, search for yummy chocolate Easter eggs!

We’ve even provided you with an easy way to get around the Island - Hopping!  Of course, first you’ll need to put on your own Wascally Wabbit suit, our April Monthly Collectible complete with real hopping animation! (it might just give you that all-important speed advantage when searching for those eggs).

The Easter mission and all the Easter goodies will become available late on the 7th April SWT.

Our Easter Gift to you

And speaking of speed… I know you want to hear more about the very special Easter gift we’re going to give you.  This free chocolate bunny will appear in your inventory this Easter.  Not only is this bunny totally delicious (it’s made from the very finest chocolate), but it has a very special effect.  Eating this treat will give you super-speed for a full 30 minutes!  Not just a sugar rush, but the perfect way to zoom around and grab lots of Easter Eggs.  So you’ll have lots of fun racing around this Easter!

Adopt a Moai

The Moai (stone heads) will be available for sale, so you can pop a few in your space and have them there as a permanent item.  They’re serious-looking chaps, but we hear they’re great listeners if you ever need someone to confide in.  As you can see, they’d make a great addition to any space.  Easter Island Dance Club anyone?

The Easter Eggs will also be available for sale. 

Perfect for creating your own Easter Egg Hunt missions, or as gifts to surprise your friends with. If you do adopt a Moai, you might like to keep a few in reserve to keep him happy too.

Happy Easter from SmallWorlds
As you can see, Easter in SmallWorlds will be amazing!  With Wascally Wabbit hopping about, the chance to scoff your free chocolate bunny and race around super-fast, Easter Eggs available for your munching pleasure, and the mysterious Easter Island mission where you can search for even more eggs, we know you’ll love spending Easter right here in SmallWorlds.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
Re: 4/7/2009 Easter Eggs, Easter Bunnies… and Easter Island!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:52 PM »

Woot more stuff! 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 4/7/2009 Easter Eggs, Easter Bunnies… and Easter Island!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18 PM »

Awww, Cute!  Thanks for posting Happy!

idk that I want to "eat" my gift from SW though, (just to gain super-speed)   :unsure:   
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up