VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK's First Ever Ride Competition!  (Read 6940 times)

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
VFK's First Ever Ride Competition!
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:20 AM »

From the Homepage:

When you click "Enter Contest" on your rooms "i" button, this is the entry form that pops up. Just FYI

Good Luck Everyone! (Now to keep Princess resting today. She wants to get up and build!  :rofl1: )

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: VFK's First Ever Ride Competition!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:51 AM »

ok what are furni perms. Is that tall grass that had an accident at the hairdresser?
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 08:59 AM »

ok what are furni perms. Is that tall grass that had an accident at the hairdresser?

Belle, here is the link explaining all of that:   ;)

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=4471.0
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:06 AM »

Thanks for posting King!  Sounds very exciting!  Good Luck to All!   :clapping:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 08:55 PM »

:rofl1:

I am sooo excited about this! It really seems like they have this well organized. Plenty of time to build and sounds like it will be fun!  :dance2:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 08:49 AM »

From the Homepage:

When you click "Enter Contest" on your rooms "i" button, this is the entry form that pops up. Just FYI

Good Luck Everyone! (Now to keep Princess resting today. She wants to get up and build!  :rofl1: )

When you click the button to enter contest it comes up with "Contest ROom Title: Spring Ride: title here"

Do we leave that alone? We shouldn't change that title in that box?

Should we change title of our own room to show the same "Spring Ride: title here" ?  anyone got a clue?

I'm building but did not click the Enter Contest button yet since I don't know if I should only change my own room title to show what comes up in their box -- as usual I'm easily confused with these things  :??:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19 AM »

When you click the button to enter contest it comes up with "Contest ROom Title: Spring Ride: title here"

Should we change title of our own room to show the same "Spring Ride: title here" ?  anyone got a clue?

I'm building but did not click the Enter Contest button yet since I don't know if I should only change my own room title to show what comes up in their box -- as usual I'm easily confused with these things  :??:

Fun:  I'm going to venture to say... leave the pre-filled information as is, and don't change it.  But, I could be wrong.

Reason being, because of how I personally read the rules to say above.  Specifically # 1 (1. To register, you must be in your ride start room. Click on the 'I' button and then on Enter Contest to display the entry form. Your screen name, membership status and room name will automatically be entered on the form.) 

VFK doesn't make note to change anything on the "form" .  I think this is VFK's way to know character titles registering.  And, that this Event is the "Spring Ride Competition", if they are keeping track of "who" enters specifically, and for exactly "what" competitions VFK holds. 

Certainly this is only my opinion.  But, that is what I think -- I could be totally wrong!  I tend to way overthink things.    :crazy:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 03:50 PM »

Fun:  I'm going to venture to say... leave the pre-filled information as is, and don't change it.  But, I could be wrong.

Reason being, because of how I personally read the rules to say above.  Specifically # 1 (1. To register, you must be in your ride start room. Click on the 'I' button and then on Enter Contest to display the entry form. Your screen name, membership status and room name will automatically be entered on the form.) 

VFK doesn't make note to change anything on the "form" .  I think this is VFK's way to know character titles registering.  And, that this Event is the "Spring Ride Competition", if they are keeping track of "who" enters specifically, and for exactly "what" competitions VFK holds. 

Certainly this is only my opinion.  But, that is what I think -- I could be totally wrong!  I tend to way overthink things.    :crazy:

I was thinking the same Astro, until "me little brain' kicked in and said "wonder why we can change the info on their entry form..."  :doh:

Thanks Astro, I will leave that alone and change only my own room title description to read the exact same as their entry form....  :bighug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 04:19 PM »

I was thinking the same Astro, until "me little brain' kicked in and said "wonder why we can change the info on their entry form..."  :doh:

Thanks Astro, I will leave that alone and change only my own room title description to read the exact same as their entry form....  :bighug:

I know what you mean, why are we able to change it then -- I have no idea.  But, I'm guessing many players have multiples of certain guest rooms, that they might be using for the Ride Competition.  Therefore, this is an easy way for VFK to identify which one is being entered, so they don't have to look through every "Mine Tunnel Entrance" (or whatever room) that a player might have (that they didn't rename yet).

I'm sure if entries are being sent in wrong -- VFK will let us know via the Homepage.   :thumb:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 04:37 PM »

I  think if you can successfully build a water ride you should get an awesome prize. This is not easy takes lots of patiences because they have yet to learn how to make a stright floor. The mine ride is definately easier. This is a roug hgo. Good luck to all :) Now back to see if I can at least get a stright line through a room rofl.

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 05:04 PM »

Okay, that got me worried. I had changed the title of my room from when I had originally done the enter button.  I'm sure all is okay. When I'm in that room, the "enter contest" button is now gone and replaces with "Exit Contest". There is no contest button on any other of my rooms. So the contest entry is connect to the player, the title on the form that is automaticlly filled in said - Spring Ride: goldengourd (not what I had put on room Garden Ride).
-PotOfGoldWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 06:40 PM »

Okay, that got me worried. I had changed the title of my room from when I had originally done the enter button.  I'm sure all is okay. When I'm in that room, the "enter contest" button is now gone and replaces with "Exit Contest". There is no contest button on any other of my rooms. So the contest entry is connect to the player, the title on the form that is automaticlly filled in said - Spring Ride: goldengourd (not what I had put on room Garden Ride).

Woot!  Thanks for the clarification Golden!   :thumb:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 06:55 PM »

Just to clarify any clarifications... :lolg: The ride room title cannot be changed on the entry form, am I right? So, that must be VFK's way to keep track of entries by player. That player's entry "Spring Ride:title" is then tied to that particular room. I'm thinking it will be fine to give your room(s) a new title and description. (I know I am going to do so)

Hugs and Happy Building Everyone!  :bighug:

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 07:12 AM »

Hi all!

So I'm curious.... who all is entering this contest??   :dle:

I'm entering two rooms in the VIP division.  Anyone else?  Thought maybe we should have a running list of Knobbers that enter so we can make sure to visit each other during the event.  Perhaps afterwards we can all post pictures of our rooms?

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 10:46 AM »

I am entering finally getting the hang of my sinking water ride. Could someone explain what the different is between a VIP and not VIP. Does monthly include VIP. Does that include members that are part of my family not my extrax but real people.

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17 PM »

I am entering finally getting the hang of my sinking water ride. Could someone explain what the different is between a VIP and not VIP. Does monthly include VIP. Does that include members that are part of my family not my extrax but real people.

Well, I'm certainly no VFK expert like some are around here ;) but I'm going to assume if you have a VIP pin, that's the division you'd fall under.  That includes monthly memberships and doesn't include family members.  Just my opinion though :) 

Basically, I look at it like this:  The rich division and the poor division, LOL

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 11:39 PM »

Pink, that is the way I understand VIP/Member differences to be. If you have a VIP pin from your membership and it is current, then that would count as a VIP entry. Anyone else would be a regular Member entry. I am guessing they did this to even the playing field a bit. Members have access to daily credits, certain member rooms, and certain member items. Just a thought.

Also, Pink, I love the idea of a thread to know who here on NoBS is entering the contest. It would be great to be able to visit each others ride rooms. We could even help each other do test runs. I will start a new thread on the main VFK section of the board. I'll go ahead and add people from this thread who have said they are joining. I'll keep the list updated from there.  :thumb:  :bighug:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up