VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/22/2009 Nuclear Fusion Jetpacks & Blossom Queen Fairy Wings!  (Read 7966 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

SmallWorlds Blog

Nuclear Fusion Jetpacks & Blossom Queen Fairy Wings!

March 23rd, 2009 - Hilary Jackson

Your SmallWorlds habit started off small. A quick visit in-world now and then, do a small mission, zap someone with magic, enjoy a YouTube video with friends, decorate a little - and then back off into the real world again.

But you thought about it. SmallWorlds seemed never far from your mind as you went about your day.

You thought about that piece of furniture you coveted in Mary’s Antiques, and you especially wanted that very cool-looking Jetpack in Mysterios. Before long, you discover that you’re an FFR - a frequent forum reader, perhaps even starting to become somewhat of a forum personality. Then, out of the blue, you’re eligible for level 40 wearables! You do a little dance beside your computer where no-one else can see… a private little ritual, just something a little special for you and your avatar.

Truth is, some of you enjoy SmallWorlds so much that you’ve gone beyond level 40. Yes, we’re here to offer congrats to those SmallWorlds citizens who have reached beyond the average player, and achieved levels of over 50, some over 60… and unbelievably enough, we even have a few in the 70’s!

Achieving High XP Levels

If you’re one of these gifted (possibly addictive?!) personality types, we applaud you. We also wondered how you did it.

After some incredibly fast and perhaps questionably accurate “research”, we arrived at three probable scenarios in which these SmallWorlds pinnacles were most likely achieved:

You’re an insomniac, complete with wild eyes and matted unbrushed hair…with hours and hours of extra time to put into playing on your SmallWorlds account.

You live somewhere extremely isolated, not a lot to do… and consider your broadband connection to be your best friend (even celebrating the date you first got your broadband connection as your ‘friend’s’ birthday, and baking it a cake).

You’re extremely clever; completing missions with ease, winning pool tourneys with a pinky-finger-only on the mouse, and you’ve worked your way up in SmallWorlds with a combination of dedication, true enjoyment and a very real quality of true online finesse.

Paying Homage to our High Level Achievers

However you’ve done it, we felt it was time to pay homage to you, the SmallWorlds High Achievers, and release some level 50, 60 and 70 wearables - just get your eyes wrapped around these babies! Blossom Queen Fairy Wings, Nuclear Fusion Powered Jet pack, Venetian party mask, Shinu Ninja (Red Ninja warrior), Superhero suit (Steel Raider), Silver Fox Ninja and Devil Ninja (both ninja assassin disguises).

If you see someone shooting around in a Nuclear Fusion Powered Jet pack or perhaps in a pair of Blossom Queen Fairy Wings, stop and admire… these are rare sights in-world just now! If you’re friendly, they may even pause for a photo with you!

Some of our High Achieving SW Community Members!

We spoke to a few chosen-at-random high level players to get a little background on them and ask how they achieved these impressively high levels:

Niska Cane - From Aruba, an island located in the Caribbean.

“I’ve been playing SW for about 4 months…it took me 3 months to reach the levels I am at. The best way I have found to get my levels up is by doing one certain mission only! I mostly did missions, drew on graffiti boards, or just relaxed and watched TV & listened to music! A high-level wearable I’d like to see one day? Horns with vampire wings!” Many thanks Niska, and well done!

Cathy Canuck - From Canada.

Cathy got started on SmallWorlds in Sept 2008 while we were still in Beta. Once Beta ended and her levels were reduced again to 20, it took her till mid Feb to reach level 50. “I was thrilled as I could now wear some wearables I had in storage. That and bonuses for leveling up was my incentive.”

Cathy finds that the best way to level up is via selected missions with best payout (tokens and XP). “I always make sure I do all the cherry feature missions as they give a bit extra XP. The hardest XP is Social Status. Many of us wish we could get a bit of XP for pet petting and helping people with dance missions. Yes we would love it for chatting and socializing. LOL.”

“For other XP, when I am reading the forum, email, etc, I stick my head in a TV, art, or game. For sure you get more XP for missions, but if I am not doing missions, why not get a few extra XP?”

Lilryke Goldburn - From South Carolina, USA.

Lilryke has been playing since about mid-September 08. “It’s been a blast since then and its taken me about 5 and a half months to get to the current levels I have at this moment.”

Like Cathy, Lilryke also recommends the multitasking approach. “If you like to listen to music and you’re not doing much, download some songs, make an awesome playlist and stick around for awhile in the stereo to gain a bit more Explorer XP - the same can apply with Artist and even Gamer.” Lilryke has found that Social XP means working hard at missions and, “striving hard with the wonderful featured missions that SmallWorlds has to offer  “. Something he’d love to see as a wearable? “Something of my own design, it’s called the Techsuit, it’s a fully interactive suit capable of doing almost anything.” Sounds cool Lilryke, thanks for chatting!

See the new High Level Wearables - at Mysterios of course!
For some of you these levels may seem awfully far away, but if you set your goals and aim your intentions, you’ll get there too - Cathy Canuck, Niska Cane and Lilryke Goldburn are the proof! Watch out for these three in-world (as well as the other high level players) wearing their fantastic new high-level wearables… and for some great motivation, go check ‘em out for yourself - as always, at Mysterios!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 3/22/2009 Nuclear Fusion Jetpacks & Blossom Queen Fairy Wings!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:02 PM »

Woot Congratulations to NOBS Member Cathy Canuck for making the blog!  Woot!  Way to go!   :drinkingtoast2:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up