VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/8/2009 Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig - Happy St Patricks Day!  (Read 5416 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

SmallWorlds Blog
Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig - Happy St Patricks Day!
March 8th, 2009 - SmallWorlds Chronicle

Phew - just try pronouncing that one!  It’s the Gaelic way of wishing someone the blessings of St Patrick’s Day and the “luck of the Irish” to go with it.  The 17th of March sees the dawn of the St Patrick’s day celebration, our collective opportunity to indulge in all things green and ’shamrocky’!

Big cities and small towns alike celebrate with parades, the “wearing of the green,” music and songs, Irish food and drink.  It’s a time for fun, and to have a pint o’ the dark stuff.  Some communities even go so far as to dye their rivers green!

Speaking of all things green, we wondered if the members of the mysterious Fat-Clan will emerge as the leaders of a special St Patrick’s Day cult or club - those green hairstyles… hmmm.  Could the true purpose of the Fat Clan be about to be revealed?  Time will tell.

Anyway, enough talk about mysterious questions.  Here’s what we’ve got in store for you for the celebration of Ireland’s patron saint:

St Patrick’s Day Magic Spreads Through SmallWorlds
To celebrate St Paddy’s Day, we’re releasing three new items: St Patrick’s Day balloons, and of course we had to include a pint o’ Guinness!

What’s the third item?  Just for fun, we thought we’d let you discover that one on your own.  All we’ll say is that from the 10th March it’ll be for sale in one of the SmallWorlds shops.

The magic of the little people has spread its green and mysterious fingers throughout the SmallWorlds servers and you’ll find some standard items are looking a little different over the St Patrick’s Day celebration period (10 - 18 March).

["Fat-Clan -  bah!  We'll show them the proper 'wearing of the green', won't we Seamus!"]

• Leprechaun spell replaces Donkey Head spell
  • Green Fireworks with visible shamrock effect
  • The red heart held by the teddy will transform to green with shamrock
  • The Steak meal will transform into Irish stew
  • All barrels and crates shall be filled with gold!
  • You’ll find horse shoes and shamrocks on all doors 
  • Spa Pools will transform into green pools
  • A shamrock will appear on all pints of beer
  • The Green / White / Orange colors of the Irish flag will appear on: beach umbrellas, Dance Floors, and everything with flames (fireplaces,  candles, outside camp fires)
  • The Irish flag will appear on mini golf game flags, 50’s tables switched  to green and white, lamps will be green
  • lastly, bar stools will be a dark green.

St Patricks Day Space & a Mission!

Purchase your special St Patrick’s Day items from the St Paddy’s Day space we’ve created for you.  There’s also a mission to complete once you’re in the space - perhaps you’d like to pause for a pint ‘o’ Guinness and a plate of Irish Stew to fortify yourself, then come along and try it out!

A little known fact about St Patrick…

St Patrick was in fact not even Irish, but was actually born in Britain - probably Wales. He considered himself Irish as this was where he felt that he had found God.

And the place to be on St Paddy’s Day? We think that Hot Springs, Arkansas is worth a mention, with the shortest St Patrick’s Day parade in the world, on the shortest street in the world!   It includes such non-traditional St Patrick’s Day spectacles as  “Irish bellydancers” and, our favorite, the “Irish Order of Elvi,” a group of Elvis impersonators getting in touch with their inner Irishman.   It ain’t rocket science to guess the color of these guys suede shoes now is it… Yeah, awful joke, we know, and here’s a couple more for good measure:

What do you call a fake stone in Ireland?
-  A sham rock
What do you call a diseased Irish Criminal?
-  A leper con
Enjoy the St Patrick’s celebrations in SmallWorlds!

- Honesty Blaize

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 02:58 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 3/8/2009 Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig - Happy St Patricks Day!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:14 AM »

Woohoo!!  More pretty balloons!!   :dance2:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:03 AM »

The St Patricks Day Mission is open.  There is a bonus misison.  To begin it, find the blarney stone. 

Tip: Walking near the blarney stone triggers it.

Love the diamonds in this mission.  They do not appear to be in stores.

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:54 AM »

The St Patricks Day Mission is open.  There is a bonus misison.  To begin it, find the blarney stone. 

Tip: Walking near the blarney stone triggers it.

Love the diamonds in this mission.  They do not appear to be in stores.

Thanks for this update Happy.

I have a question though.  I tried the Mission this morning.  OMG LAG!  Many others in the room were experiencing the same thing.  I couldn't even teleport to different hobbit holes.   :??:  Needless to say, I couldn't finish.

Also, I went and tried another instance of the mission room.  One of the instances for the mission room was completely empty.  Myself and others did not see anything in the room, except eachother.  I wonder if I just happen to hit this mission when it was having issues?  Have you heard anything?

I did see the diamonds too!  Very pretty indeed!  Please let us know when they are for sale.   ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:03 PM »

I did not have teleport issues, but the mission was "laggy" for me too.
Very laggy.  I wonder if they are testing for 1.3 in the background. 

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up