VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/1/2009 Sir Croaksalot: The March Monthly Collectible!  (Read 5549 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
3/1/2009 Sir Croaksalot: The March Monthly Collectible!
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:45 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog
Sir Croaksalot: The March Monthly Collectible!
February 27th, 2009 - Hilary Jackson

It’s Monthly Collectible time again and this month we’re bringing you Sir Croaksalot, our March Monthly Collectible!

In some Asian cultures, frogs are thought of as lucky - they assist with money troubles, helping money to return to you.  Sir Croaksalot is just perfect for these uncertain economic times.  Old dream interpretation books say that frogs are good omens and represent happiness and great friendships.  Seems like Sir Croaksalot is a positive influence all round!

He’s a prince indeed, our Sir Croaksalot, walking around with a regal sense of Froggy Magnificence - just look at that fantastic jewelled crown!   You’ll feel royal too when you purchase your very own Sir Croaksalot (available at Mysterios, as always).

Sir Croaksalot: Available throughout the month of March
As with all Monthly Collectibles, Sir Croaksalot is all yours for 2000 Gold and requires no XP to wear!   There are tons of ways to earn gold in-world: you can make a visit to the The Factory, invite some friends; or if you want to make a straight purchase, visit The Vault to make a Zong or ATM transaction.  Whichever way you choose, make sure it’s before midnight on the 31st of March, when Sir Croaksalot will disappear forever!

Berp, Ob Ob, Kvack & Gar Gar

Is that a frog in your throat?  Why limit yourself to the all-too-common Ribbit or Croak - why not try saying some of these (while frogging about in-world in your Sir Croaksalot suit).  We like the Argentinian Spanish one best:

Afrikaans: kwaak-kwaak
Arabic (Algeria): gar gar
Catalan: cru-cru
Chinese (Mandarin): guo guo
French: coa-coa
German: quaak, quaak
Hebrew: kwa kwa
Hungarian: bre-ke-ke
Italian: cra cra
Japanese: kerokero
Korean: gae-gool-gae-gool
Russian: kva-kva
Spanish (Spain): cru-cru
Spanish (Argentina): berp
Spanish (Peru): croac, croac
Swedish: kvack
Thai: ob ob (with high tone)
Turkish: vrak vrak

A couple of Frog Facts

Teeth - Frogs don’t have teeth per se that they use for chewing, preferring to swallow their food whole!  The so-called “teeth” are mainly used to hold the prey and keep it in place till they can get a good grip on it and squash their eyeballs down to swallow their meal - ick!

Jumping - As you probably know, frogs are one of the best leapers on the planet - launching themselves over 20 times their own length - that would be like if you could jump 100 feet. The longest frog jump on record measured 33 feet 5.5 inches - Wow!

And yes, we’re going to have to say it…. having avoided all references to it thus far…

…Hop on over to Mysterios and grab your very own Sir Croaksalot today!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:56 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
Re: 3/1/2009 Sir Croaksalot: The March Monthly Collectible!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:39 PM »

Fairy wings and capes can be worn with this item.  My angel wings with the halo did not work. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:30 AM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 3/1/2009 Sir Croaksalot: The March Monthly Collectible!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:24 PM »

Thanks for the update Happy!

- ribbit ribbit croak croak -    :lolg:

Although it's cute....I kinda wish the Girl froggies had a Tiara, and leave the crown for the Boys.  :(

I haven't used my suit yet...Do you hop or anything, like when using the Monkey suit??
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up