VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/28 Host Teleporter Game going on right now  (Read 7089 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 2/28 Host Teleporter Game going on right now
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 06:55 AM »

So, about finding your place in the queue... Just click on the host room and click the "Enter Room" button. When you do the message I posted above will pop up telling you your place in line.

I also found out something interesting about being disconnected while in the queue. I accidentally closed out of King's screen while we were in the queue. I completely freaked out but logged him back in to try to get in line again. When I clicked the host room enter button, it still had King in line at the same spot. The message said, "You are already in the queue at number 100". I mean I had completely closed out of the browser window and game. I don't know if it will stay like that, but I hope it does.

Thanks for all of this helpful information, Princess.  I had no idea.  Unless I wasn't paying attention, I never noticed a queue number when I clicked to get in line.  That's very good to know.

Also, how awesome is that ~ if you dc or accidently close the browser window, and when you log back in, you're still in line, and in the same spot you left at?!  I LOVE that!  I don't need to remind everyone how terrible it used to be in VMK when there were so many issues with that queue system.  I for one always missed my pass turn, or dc'd.   :blush:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
Re: 2/28 Host Teleporter Game going on right now
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 12:10 PM »

Princess, your explanation for VFK not posting Host games makes perfect sense!

I'm also very happy to learn about disconnects and queue lines.  That was one of my main frustrations with VMK.  Remember waiting and waiting in those looooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnngggggggg lines then being visited by the DC Monster just when your turn was about to approach.  How cool is it to learn that VFK seems to have discovered a solution!  :2thunbs:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up