VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/19/2009 Appliance Love & Alpha Labs - is there a connection?  (Read 4655 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

SmallWorlds Blog
Appliance Love & Alpha Labs - is there a connection?
February 20th, 2009 - Hilary Jackson

Do you know that some people love toasters so much that they have set up an on-line Toaster Museum?

For these toaster-lovers it’s all heartfelt stuff.  They say things like “I could spend hours trying to decide upon my kitchen’s most optimal toaster as a reflection of its own inherent soul“.  Now that’s real kitchen appliance commitment!

If that made you feel a deep sense of “Yes! yes! I totally relate!”  perhaps you have been waiting for an opportunity come out of the closet as a  kitchen appliance addict.  Always trying to help, SmallWorlds is making it easy for you to indulge your appliance lurve;  sashay on over to your own personal virtual appliance heaven:  Aces Appliances!

We’re proud to showcase our gorgeous new Kitchen and Laundry range, as well as sharing some latest breaking news about Alpha Labs & the latest evil plans of Dr Hugo de Ville.  First up, the appliances!

Ace’s Applicances - Open for Business
Every night, when all the SmallWorlds customers are gone, Ace wanders around with a rapturous look on his face, shining all the taps, polishing all the fridges.  It makes him genuinely happy to see yet another appliance walking out the door to a new & useful life - so go make his day and purchase something from Ace’s Appliances today!

Gas Cookers - Standard and Deluxe models

Refrigerators - Standard and Deluxe models  - & the Washing machine!

Kitchen Sink and Bar Counter with or without cupboard

Somethings Cooking in Hells Kitchen
For a great example of new kitchen items usage, check out Hells Kitchen,  co-created by Skippypaul VMK and SweetVanillaGirl VMK.  You’ll find a red and a blue kitchen with a mission in each. “Sweet created the red mission and I did the blue. There will be more missions in that room in the near future. Maybe a waiter’s mission, not sure yet. It’s a large room full of possibilities,” said Skippypaul.  Stop on by - you can almost smell the bread in the oven!

Visit Hells Kitchen

For True Kitchen Geeks…
Just before we leave off the appliances & move onto Alpha Labs, check out 10 kitchen gadgets for the geek gourmet, from Internet-enabled appliances to wireless thermometers; a truly tantalizing list of cool kitchen toys!  Of course, our talented art department will have more kitchen appliances being released at a later date - watch this space.

Alpha Labs - Part II

Now, onto a far more serious matter.  As those of you who were unfortunately caught up in the dastardly evil experiments carried out within the walls of  Alpha Labs will painfully recall, Part I of the mission  left you in the cells, on the run from the evil CEO  of Alpha Labs, Dr Hugo de Ville.

The last thing you are likely to  remember was hiding in a crate and being carried off to who knows where.

Visit Alpha Labs

In this next installment - will Shane be able to help you escape and find a way to shut down Alpha Labs for good?  Find out in Alpha Labs Part II, which starts in the Dining Room of Alpha Labs. Be careful…. we wish you the best of luck - you’ll need it.  Why is is that those innocent gas cookers and sink benches  suddenly look so menacing?

And after you’ve beaten that villain, de Ville…
Time to come on home, peel off those sweat soaked clothes and pop them in the washing machine.  Grab a nice cold soda out of the fridge, turn on the gas cooker & whip yourself up a delicious little something.

Even if you decide not to visit Dr de Ville (in fact, we’d recommend you stay away, to be honest) we trust you’ll enjoy the new Kitchen and Laundry items, making your SmallWorlds space just that much more a true virtual home-away-from-home!

And the connection between appliance love and Dr de Ville? Well, apart from the fact that the next part of the mission begins surrounded by kitchen items (gulp) we did hear a rumor that he and Ace are related somehow, and that he is a fully-paid-up life member of the Toaster Museum…

Enjoy the new items!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:30 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up