VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pot of gold  (Read 3305 times)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
Pot of gold
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:07 PM »

Okay, so I got this message that they had credited me with too much gold, so therefore they are given me more gold. Go figure! For one, they haven't credited me with too much that I noticed. Only gold I had was from when I signed up for the three month VIP (Yay for Christmas gift money), and was credited the correct amount of 6000. I had a little less than 2000 left before the upgrade, and didn't notice any change to that after upgrade, and now have over double that after their "correction", lol. I think I better hold off spending it until they've had a chance to check that, hehe.

<<<<<Hi,
Due to an error during our upgrade process you were incorrectly given too much gold.The incorrectly credited amount has been taken away from your account. If you have spent the extra gold before it was taken away, your gold balance will now be negative. As an apology for this error SmallWorlds has credited your account with an additional 2000 Gold. Any queries should go to the Payments Team. Click Help at the top of the page then Contact Us for the Payments Team. Be sure to include your avatar name and email address. Your gold balance is now 4124. Thank you for your understanding. >>>>>>
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Cathy Canuck

Re: Pot of gold
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:53 PM »

That letter is just a standard letter. Some VIPs got extra gold for a few hours, then they took it back. They gave all of us who did the honest thing and not spend it, 2k in gold. YEAH :drinkingtoast2:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:02 PM »

I got the same letter too and the 2K gold.  Thanks SW!

The amount of the post 1.2 gold glitch increase seemed to vary player to player. 
Was my gold balance off after 1.2? Oh Yeah! It was pretty obvious in my account.
Did I spend it? No.  I didn't dare.   
Did some players spend it?  Yes.
Do some players now have a negative gold balance? From reading the SW Forums, it sure sounds like it.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 03:49 PM »

I got the email too, and was surprised because I knew exactly how much I had before the update.  Which was precisely how much I had after it too.

So while mine was correct.. I guess I can accept a gift..  :wavet:  Thanks SW!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:44 PM »

Yup, got the message here too.   :)   Thanks SW!   :2thunbs:

My gold balance was off as well, like Happy said -- very obvious.  I didn't touch the extra gold either.

I appreciate SW giving us the gift of 2k in Gold.  It was a very nice gesture.  They didn't NEED to do anything.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up