VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2-12-09: From the VFK Homepage UPDATES  (Read 2270 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
2-12-09: From the VFK Homepage UPDATES
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:04 PM »

Lots of Exciting Activities for Valentine's Day and President's Day Weekend!

February 12th, 2009.

This Friday is Friday the 13th, and the weekend will start early with a Friday the 13th Superstition Quest.

Gift Shoppe is now open!

The Gift Shoppe on Main Street is now open stocking lots of new items available just in time for Valentine's Day. In addition, the Gift Shoppe introduces the exciting new feature of gift wrapping and delivery of any item you wish to send to a friend, along with a personalized note. To send a gift, click on one of the red or white gift boxes in the Gift Shoppe and follow the instructions.

Valentine's and President's day balls

There will be two balls this weekend in the ballroom on the second floor of the Mansion House. The first will be the Valentine's Day Ball, which will be held Saturday night February 14th from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Pacific Time (8:00 PM to 10:00 PM Eastern Time).

In celebration of President's Day, there will be a ball Sunday night February 15th from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Pacific Time (8:00 PM to 10:00 PM Eastern Time).

Just in time for the balls, Autumn Imports will be receiving its Valentine's collection of new creations including stunning new ball gowns, and elegant sun bonnets and also a new selection of tuxedos. They will be available Friday morning, February 13th.

Holiday Pins

When you log in on Valentine's Day, you will receive a Valentine's Day 2009 pin and upon logging in on President's Day, you will receive a President's Day 2009 pin.

Member's Gifts

Macaws are the members' gift for this month. These friendly birds, originally from Mexico and Central and South America are the largest members of the parrot family. They make fun, affectionate pets and love attention from their owners.

Macaws are highly intelligent and with a little patience, you can even teach your Macaw to talk. Your Macaw already knows how to say a few words. To teach it to say more things, simply say your Macaw's name, followed by a word or phrase you want it to learn. If you repeat it enough times, your bird will learn to say it. For instance if your parrot is named Polly, and you wanted to teach it to say that it wants a cracker, you would say "Polly, Polly wants a cracker."

You can also teach your parrot to respond to a phrase, for instance when someone says "Hi" and you want your parrot to respond, "Hello! How are you?" You would say, "Polly, Hi say Hello! How are you?" Or, if someone says "Who's a pretty birdy" and you want your parrot to respond "I am!! -hugs-" Just say "Polly, Who's a pretty birdy? say I am!! -hugs-" Remember you'll have to say what you want your parrot to learn a number of times before it will learn it. (Also, remember you are responsible for what your bird says, so be sure to follow the Constitution.)

To ask your parrot to unlearn a sentence he has been taught, say:

Polly you are getting sleepy forget

and then the sentence you want him to forget. You only need to ask your parrot once to forget something.

For example, let's say your parrot's name is Polly, and you have taught your parrot to say "I want a cracker". To ask your parrot to forget that sentence, you would say:

Polly you are getting sleepy forget I want a cracker

Remember you should type the sentence which your bird has learned exactly.

To ask your parrot to forget everything it has learned, say:

Polly you are getting sleepy forget forget forget

Be very careful when using "Polly you are getting sleepy forget forget forget", because your parrot will forget EVERYTHING it has learned. Remember, you only need to ask your parrot once to forget something.

You have four species of Macaws from which to choose: Military (green), Blue and Yellow (blue with yellow markings), Scarlet (red), and Hyacinth (blue). You will need to go and pick out your favorite Macaw in the Gift Shoppe on Main Street in Victorian Age. Macaws will be available starting Thursday, February 12th, 2009.

EDIT:  Adding more instructions here updated from Homepage, on Teaching your Parrot.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:47 AM by AstroGigiblue »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 2-12-09: From the VFK Homepage UPDATES
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:43 AM »

Updating first post with the following little blurb that has been added to the VFK Homepage recently:

To ask your parrot to unlearn a sentence he has been taught, say:

Polly you are getting sleepy forget

and then the sentence you want him to forget. You only need to ask your parrot once to forget something.

For example, let's say your parrot's name is Polly, and you have taught your parrot to say "I want a cracker". To ask your parrot to forget that sentence, you would say:

Polly you are getting sleepy forget I want a cracker

Remember you should type the sentence which your bird has learned exactly.

To ask your parrot to forget everything it has learned, say:

Polly you are getting sleepy forget forget forget

Be very careful when using "Polly you are getting sleepy forget forget forget", because your parrot will forget EVERYTHING it has learned. Remember, you only need to ask your parrot once to forget something.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up