VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/27/2009 Who’s Blogging SmallWorlds?  (Read 5615 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
1/27/2009 Who’s Blogging SmallWorlds?
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:19 PM »

Who’s Blogging SmallWorlds?
January 27th, 2009 - Hilary Jackson

We’ve been delighted to discover that no less than five SmallWorlds fansites and blogs have been born!

All represent a great resource for the SmallWorlds community, and we’re real happy to see these growing in number.   We feel that their appearance is a sign of real health, growth and solidity in the SmallWorlds community - people are really ‘making SW their own’, and their existence gives us at SWHQ a real sense of co-creation and community; knowing there are players who are willing to devote so much time and energy. Thanks to you all.

Now, without further ado,  its our very great pleasure to take you on a quick tour to discover who’s blogging SmallWorlds!

SW Fansite

Site Owner: Gracie Fairplay

Before SmallWorlds, Gracie was a podcaster and fan site moderator for VMK.   He told us about a vision which began to emerge which was  fresh, unique and seemed to  fit the Smallworlds theme.  Gracie went out and assembled a team of people he felt would represent the game well:  Disvaclub Mullen, Happy Guest, Rightsaid Ned, Glorybe Dafunk, and Trace Blue.   “With their help I was able to see my vision unfold“.

Gracie (accurately!) feels that Smallworlds aims big with its multimedia experience. “That’s our mission as well.  We are blogging, posting, podcasting, twittering and so much, much more!” Gracie wants to extend an invitation to all  - there’s  lots to do, lots of information to exchange, and they even have the in-world chat embedded in the site.   “Be part of the revolution, it’s a Smallworlds after all!” says Gracie.

Wow Gracie - we love that SmallWorlds Rap at the start of the first podcast!

The World of Smallworlds

Site Owner: Jake Snipes

Jakes Snipes has been an enthusiastic SmallWorlds player since November ‘08 and in his own words “I’ve been hooked ever since“.  Of his new blog, Jake told us that his intention in creating it was to “connect with other citizens on a more one on one basis… to create a spark in certain areas of the game that maybe they haven’t considered trying before. There are so many possibilities in SmallWorlds, people just need to see them more clearly. My motto on the blog is that anything is possible.” World of Smallworlds also boasts its own fan forum.

Jake’s set on seeing his blog expand, but wants some help! “If anyone is interested in writing I need co-writers. World of SmallWorlds Needs you! “  Great job Jake, we’ll be watching with interest!

SmallWorlds Herald

Site Owner: Boo Loser

Boo Loser enjoyed playing SW so much that after only a few weeks he started publishing the SmallWorlds Herald!

He was inspired by friend Emily Trunko’s writing school, and came up with the idea of running a collaboratively authored news service; paying 100 tokens for articles and 50 for photos.  The Herald seeks to cover current events going on in Smallworlds, and has an Announcements menu (Party, Business, Marriage) as well as featuring Young Artist Stories. Boo’s longer term vision is one of “continuing to attract the best writers in SmallWorlds to give them a stage to show off their writing“.

All the best with your news venture Boo!

Smallworlds Rareables

Site Owner: Rose Keepsafe

Rose and sister Silver Hearts set up the SmallWorlds Rareables blog back in August with a view to reporting on “Smallworlds and the wonderful items, things to do and places to go!!!”

Rose has tells us she is planning to do more work on the site, changing the look and adding more content - and then has plans to advertise it on the forum.  She has a particular love of  making missions and spaces, and has set up her blog to offer other players tips and information!

We look forward to watching your site develop Rose!

SmallWorlds Advanced Press

Site Owner: Brody Schuman

We’ve been unable to catch up with Brody Schuman (we tried!) to ask him personally about his blog, so we’ll point you in his direction!

Brody’s SmallWorlds Advance Press reports on useful in-world tips (ie: buying a house, what to watch for) and invites players to submit photos and articles, and pays tokens for accepted submissions!

Sorry we never managed to connect with you Brody (we tried), but we enjoyed our look around your blog - some really useful stuff.

Smalltown News and Classifieds

Intrepid reporter - Serenity Vixen

This is not exactly a fansite per se, but instead really informative classified news service, published by Serenity Vixen, actually within the SW forum itself! We caught up with her about it:

“I guess what prompted me was that one day I saw an alert for a pawn shop. I thought… ‘wait there are people selling their stuff for cheaper than the shops? What a concept!’. I did a search & 2 pages popped up! I was amazed. It made me search for other possible shops, cafes, clubs, etc. Stuff that you really wouldn’t think to search.”  Serenity intends to feature a few places a week & talk to a few players, famous or not. She wants to get some ideas of what is going on that most don’t know about. “As for the classifieds - maybe someone thinks that their shop, club, restaurant or hotel is the new thing. Please come to me & place a classified ad. People will see it featured on the forums & stop by”

Sounds like an awesome community service Serenity!

Our Founding Bloggers
These blogs and fansites are all flagships for any future efforts - the ‘founding parents’ of the SmallWorlds blogosphere if you like! If there are any other blogs or fansites out there that we’ve missed, please get in touch and let us know! We doff our hats to you all and your fine efforts.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 03:42 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: 1/27/2009 Who’s Blogging SmallWorlds?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:35 AM »

Poor Happy Guest she is our blogger here. But I am not wanting a influx of people are pretty impressive group we have here at nobs :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:05 AM »

Poor Happy Guest she is our blogger here. But I am not wanting a influx of people are pretty impressive group we have here at nobs :)

No worries Belle.  Happy already knew that we wouldn't want any younguns here, so we are not telling SW about us, for that reason.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:10 AM »

No worries Belle.  Happy already knew that we wouldn't want any younguns here, so we are not telling SW about us, for that reason.

:2thunbs:  Exactly! :2thunbs:
(Should they find us some day, I hope they read this thread and understand.)

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up