VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oops! Anyone else done this? - and ended up with a sad feeling - :(  (Read 4988 times)

Disney Dreams

I went to sign on for a bit tonight.  So, I opened the laptop.  And then:

Step 1 - Open Firefox. - click - click -  (browser opened)
Step 2 - Type in url
            (start typing)  www vmk.com
Step 3 - Hit enter - enter -

And then saw the page that loaded. 
Then I was confused for a second.
Then I realized "it." 
Then I was sad by the reminder. 
And then proceed to properly go to sign on to VFK.

- sigh -

Yeah, I miss it.  In ways that I don't think I can even put into words.  I go through the motions in other places, but it's just not the same.  Tonight, I wasn't really focused, my brain was elsewhere, I was thinking about so many other things and I guess my "auto-mind" just went right where it wanted to.  Or tried to. 

Anyone else done it recently?  (and if you've read this far and have no clue what "it" is, then I am guessing you haven't had the sad moment either and for that I am very happy for you).

So, anyone?

- Dreams
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:40 AM by Disney Dreams »

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
Re: Oops! Anyone else done this? - and ended up with a sad feeling - :(
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:23 AM »

No, I have not done that. I use bookmarks and deleted the vmk bookmark.
Anyway, I feel I have moved on even if I have not found one perfect place yet.

Hugs    :hug:

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:26 AM »

You betcha! :)

In the same vein, we were at Disneyworld a couple of months ago.  We hadn't done the exhibit about Walt in Disney Studios in quite awhile so we decided to stop in.  While wating for the movie theatre at the end to open up I noticed an exhibit about the future.  Sure enough there was a laptop running a loop of scenes from VMK. Sadly, I stood there and watched the entire loop twice all the while explaining to DH what each scene was. I was surprised with how sad it left me. :'(  And how at the same time, how ticked off I still was with Disney! >:[

Go Angels! :angel:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:11 AM »

Dreams:  Sadly, Yes ... my mind was elsewhere and just clicked, without even thinking.

Actually just a few days ago was the most recent.  Clicked on the bookmarked log in page (that I haven't deleted yet), and it took me to the Disney Parks default page (which I already knew this too).

:'(   :cry:   :'(      Hugs to All.   :hug:   :bighug:   :hug:

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying other games like VFK and Small Worlds...But, nothing is VMK.  Yet anyway.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31 AM »

My Monkey has done this a few times, and sadly, she isn't really playing any online games much (I guess this could be a good thing). I think about VMK occasionally...the huge group of wonderful friends that I was able to see each and every day...now can only be seen here and there. But I too have moved on and have not played any game as much as I did VMK.  Funny though, just a few days ago I was telling Monkey about something on VFK and ended up saying Virtual Magic Kingdom instead. I wouldn't have even noticed it if Monkey didn't look at me with those sad eyes... Shame on you, Disney. You had something great and just let it slip away.  :doh:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:45 PM by AmberDaze »

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:47 AM »

Yup I have and sadly I kept VMK gadget just because I could not let it go :( I would click on it instead of the VFK one by accident. But I deleted it finally on Dec 31, 2008.

It just says you never know how good you had it till it disappears. But I am happy VFK is getting better and it at least playable now. It is still the only game of its kind. I wonder why that is ??? Yes there are many games being created, but sadly they are really geared to young even for family play.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58 PM »

I have done it several times. And I still have VMK Pal too. I clicked on it the other day by mistake.
I deleted all the pics from Pal (after I saved them), but I didn't have the heart to remove it from my computer.
A few days ago, after I mistakenly clicked on Pal, I looked through all my pics I saved. It was really sad. It is amazing how much a virtual world has impacted us all.  :'(
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 03:00 PM »

:cry:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 08:45 PM »

We have still had those moments now and then. We deleted the favorite link to VMK on our computers also. There are actually many times that I find myself calling VFK by the wrong name or sometimes even saying VFK when talking about VMK. Mostly we find our sadness is quickly replaced with that feeling of how really foolish it was of Disney to close VMK and how it has spread so many friends to different places online.

I will have to say, though, that a piece of me is almost thankful at the change that came when VMK closed its doors. We found our way here when that happened and have made so many new friends and have had other friendships become stronger. We also began to realize gaming had maybe taken up a little too much of our time. I remember during the Blackheart quest barely stopping to eat or go to the bathroom.  :lolg: We still have to watch ourselves and be careful not to over do it, but it is easier without the Disney pull of VMK. No new game will have the Disney Parks magic that pulled us all together in VMK, but for us VFK feels like home now. As they come up with more unique features and ideas it feels even more so to us. I know many of us have found a home on Small Worlds also and it is good to see some of us finding some new places to spend time together.

Hugs, Dreams, for that sad feeling. :bighug: And a big thanks to Decoy for having this place where we can all keep in touch and have fun no matter where we are playing.  :bighug: :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 09:06 AM »

Yep, add me to the 'have done it' list.

Because it is in my bookmarks... when I start typing in virtual... sometimes I don't pay attention and ... I just hit enter, and it taskes me to the 'vmk' page.  I still miss it, not sure if I ever will stop... I miss my Disney fix.

*Oh, and when I was in DisneyWorld - they still had the VMK ad playing on the bus from the airport  :'(

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 02:18 PM »

I typed VMK in IE the other day because I had to reinstall my computer and in the past, while I was installing OS, I was using VMK in order to have flash and shockwave.
But something that bother me is when I am listening to a song that is associated in my mind with VMK because I was playing music I am still listening today while playing, and my first though is VMK :l

I still miss VMK in case of immense boredom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up