VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/12/2009 Shark & Edel: Mr & Mrs SmallWorlds Jan ‘09!  (Read 3144 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
1/12/2009 Shark & Edel: Mr & Mrs SmallWorlds Jan ‘09!
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Shark & Edel: Mr & Mrs SmallWorlds Jan ‘09!
January 12th, 2009 - Hilary Jackson

We’re delighted to announce the winners of the Mr & Mrs SmallWorlds competition for January ‘09!   Competition organisers and co-owners of the Jungle Nightclub( http://www.smallworlds.com/home/bigdawg1/ ), Big Dawg and Sassy Girl, have provided a unique opportunity for players to strut their stuff and show off their talent (be it dancing, comedy, poetry, speeches, looking gorgeous etc) in front of a panel of judges & audience members.  The winner of each title is awarded 1000 tokens - and gets to hold the title for a month!

The great news is you have 11 more chances to win in 2009;  Big Dawg is holding the competition on a monthly basis throughout 2009.  We think that’s fantastic …its great to see these cool ‘community events’ happening in-world!

[club co-owner Sassy Girl keepin' it civilised]

From what we’ve heard, it was a lot of fun!  I asked Big Dawg just what contestants were being judged on.  He told me it was all about  “…style and originality,  talent (such as dancing, poetry, song or jokes) but mostly on answering WHY they should be Mr or Mrs SmallWorlds“.  He described how all contestants walked down the catwalk, presented themselves before the panel of  judges and performed before the crowd.   “I was very proud of all who entered. Each of the two winners won the hearts of the judges - and of course 1,000 tokens!“

And so, without further ado, we’d like to introduce the winners:

Mr Smallworlds Jan ‘09: Shark Killer (from USA)
Mrs SmallWorlds Jan ‘09: Edel Boylan (from Ireland)

[Edel and Shark pose together, enjoying the rapturous audience applause]

Edel Boylan: “I wasn’t even gonna enter! It was late here in Ireland, 1am lol. I had absolutely nothing prepared so as I said in the comp “what you see is what you get”. I was also very proud of what I feel was the winning line “always go that extra mile, especially if what you want is about a mile away lmao” I think Big Dawg deserves a Big thanks for setting up such a brilliant comp, it was very well organised“

Shark Killer: “I won! I was thrilled to know that I get to hold the title, and I’m glad that people like me on SW.  My special talent …hmmm well I told a lame joke and then I said a speech. I know its not my joking that got me the title so my speech must have “blown em away” or I just had something pulling for me. Big Dawg did a very good job setting it up and it looked pretty cool.”

Other talented contenders…
We were also able to catch up with a couple of the other contenders (we’d loved to have spoken to all of you, really!)…

Ginevra Weasley: “I only prepared my joke and all I did for that was to write it on a word document. I’d recommend preparing a bit more than I did“

Rasberry Jam: “At the end there were fireworks they were  cool. Everyone had lots of fun there.  After someone’s turn the audience would clap, laugh, whistle and comment on how good you were“

Big Dave: It was great to take part and I will definitely take part in  the Feb competition. I’ll have more time to prepare for the next one so I’m going to use my time wisely and think up some new material. Congratulations to Shark and Edel, both well deserved winners“

Feb Competition + a special Judges Tip!
Big Dawg tells us that the February contest date and time will be posted in the Jungle Nightclub to make a visit and record it somewhere you won’t forget! 

[Shark drops in to the Jungle to check out his photo on the wall]

Future contenders take note: a tip from the judges (when asked about  Edel and Sharks’ winning formula): “their sense of humour was a major factor in each of them them winning“.    We’re already looking forward to hearing about the February Mr & Mrs SmallWorlds title winners, and we’re also wondering what other competitions and pageants players in the SmallWorlds community are  going to come up with!  For some inspiration, you might like to check out  Weirdest Pageants of the World :-).

On Immortality …
Speaking of weird pageants (Mr & Mrs SW competition not included!), the Miss Universe competition certainly has its rather ‘curious’ aspects to it doesn’t it! To pay homage to this grand old lady of pageants, we decided to leave the last word to Miss Alabama, who at the 1994 Miss Universe pageant, was asked “if you could live forever, would you and why?” answered, with mind-bending philosophical genius:

“I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.”

Right on, Miss Alabama ‘94 - we think you’ve got a fantastic sense of humour honey!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:09 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up