VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temple Of doom  (Read 4745 times)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Temple Of doom
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:31 PM »

Well after 2 days say 3 hours of trying I finally finished this quest. I thought the instructions were horrible. So how do they get featured because it was not easy and the pay out for time spent was not that great either.  If it had not been for some kind guys I would never have finished.  The quest was not lame so the one star does not apply but it was very confusing, lacked good directions etc. So just wondering how features are chosen. I only did this quest because I had to get my last 4 days in a row. And had done most of the others before I realized what featured meant lol.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: Temple Of doom
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:33 PM »

PS I did happy's quest last night and it was wonderful. It would have been so easy to get lost but the directions were simple gave things to look out for, so you always had your bearings. Now that deserves to be featured. Also I never knew Happy spoke 2 languages very impressed.!!!  :wavet: :wavet:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:23 PM »

Well after 2 days say 3 hours of trying I finally finished this quest. I thought the instructions were horrible. So how do they get featured because it was not easy and the pay out for time spent was not that great either.  If it had not been for some kind guys I would never have finished.  The quest was not lame so the one star does not apply but it was very confusing, lacked good directions etc. So just wondering how features are chosen. I only did this quest because I had to get my last 4 days in a row. And had done most of the others before I realized what featured meant lol.

Oh Belle, I wish you would have posted or sent a pm for help.  I've done a number of missions more than once.  I know some of the older ones by heart.  If there is a next, time please ask for help.  I'd be happy to walk you through that one--or any other mission. 

I'm not sure how they select the feature missions. 
(coughs) Journey to Doom Keeps takes place in rooms owned by one of the SW Co-Founders. 

PS I did happy's quest last night and it was wonderful. It would have been so easy to get lost but the directions were simple gave things to look out for, so you always had your bearings. Now that deserves to be featured. Also I never knew Happy spoke 2 languages very impressed.!!!  :wavet: :wavet:

:bighug:
I made it in to their blog back in October. 
Another player did the mission translation.  I did purchase a Brazilian Portuguese phrasebook, if anyone ever needs me to look something up.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:15 PM »

Belle, do PM if you get stuck in some of those. 

I too have played many several times.. quite honestly Temple of Doom is one of my favorites simply because it WAS so challenging the first time through.   Okay, Cheeze recognized that the clues were giving away the sequence for the "keys" (fire, skull, pentacle).  But I really enjoyed that one.

Btw, glad I could help with your mission earlier this evening :thumb:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55 PM »

Thanks all for you help. That is surprising the co-founder doing a very hard quest with lousy clues. Yes I figured out some things. But I had no idea about getting a key to get into the tomb.  very frustrating now that I have done it it will be easy. Though I did get the clues fire and skull but could not find the last clue so guessed. I think what I ofund frustrating was the way the game is set up I find it hard to get perspective on the whole area. So have no clue sometimes where I am.

That is why I liked happy's quest she gave items you pass as a reference point. I so foundthat helpful :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:13 PM »

As you probably have found the difficulty levels vary from mission to mission---just like quests did in VMK.

PS The first time I did this mission I got the "combination" by watching another player. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:44 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 08:23 AM »

I too have played many several times.. quite honestly Temple of Doom is one of my favorites simply because it WAS so challenging the first time through.   Okay, Cheeze recognized that the clues were giving away the sequence for the "keys" (fire, skull, pentacle).  But I really enjoyed that one.

Oh sure... you like it when other people's missions are challenging.  I do one simple little cat quiz and you cried because you had to have help.   :lolp:  :tongue3:
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 03:03 PM »

Oh sure... you like it when other people's missions are challenging.  I do one simple little cat quiz and you cried because you had to have help.   :lolp:  :tongue3:

You furball!  I DID NOT have help.  I quit it, IF you recall.  Big difference!  :lolp:

(Having to find jewels that exist on the game field, is much different than needing to Google for every answer!) :tongue3: :laugh2:

Pages: [1]   Go Up