VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/23/2008 Incredibly Interesting Spaces  (Read 3124 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/23/2008 Incredibly Interesting Spaces
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:41 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog
Incredibly Interesting Spaces
October 23rd, 2008 - Hilary Jackson

Need a little inspiration for your 3D space? Come and check out a few spaces being created by people in the SmallWorlds community.

We created SmallWorlds to give virtual world players like you a playground within which you can spend time having fun with friends, somewhere you can really unleash the virtual-world-space building creative capacity within you! We wanted to ensure that when you create your 3D virtual space, you have the power to build something truly innovative. We’ve made this possible through the combining of aspects like:

…the crisp, clear, beautifully rendered in-world items and décor options
…the mission engine, ‘interactibles’ and magic items
…the web 2.0 integration (Flickr posters, Graffiti boards, YouTube videos and user created unique playlists)
All of these blend together to provide SmallWorlds users with a visually gorgeous, web 2.0 saturated palette with which to work from. Simply put - there is nowhere else on the world wide web that you can build 3D spaces like this, right within your web browser.

Many spaces are such are great ambassadors for the SmallWorlds concept & platform – come along on a short tour of a few interesting spaces I’ve discovered lately. And so, feeling a little like the intrepid travelling gnome from that great movie Amelie, here’s a few snapshots for you:

Mission Mania Island – created by Happy Guest
Come and get lost on Mission Mania Island! A beautifully put together space, incorporating an aesthetic experience, with some great Missions. The link below will take you to Happy’s room - you can then teleport to the Island through one of her portals.

Happy says: “I love to build rooms and create missions in SmallWorlds. I find it a great way to be creative and meet players.  My design idea was to create the warm and relaxing feel someone would get at a five star island beach resort.   I have no idea how many palm trees are on Mission Mania Island - all I know is that Fred SmallWorlds is probably tired of seeing me in his Garden Life store…I wish he had a frequent shopper discount! My hope is that the missions on the island will also help players to create their own dream room.”   

Visit this Space http://www.smallworlds.com/home/happyguest1/

Jim’s Maze – created by Jim Shoe
A green and restful place to be - come here when you need a break from games, dance clubs and missions! 

I asked Jim for a few comments: 

“there’s not much to say… I just wanted to make something new and exciting that no one else had done before, so I started to make a maze.” 

In contrast to the complexity of his creation, here is a man who uses his words with economy. I like that. 

Visit this Space http://www.smallworlds.com/home/jimshoe1/

Malibu Art District – created by Robin Banks
Each time I visit Robins’ room I’m just amazed at what she can do with a mouse for a paintbrush. A true talent.

Robin says: “I’m a native of Southern California and enjoy the beauty this coast has to offer. Being a part of SmallWorlds and the love and laughter from friends fills my inspiration tank. I have enjoyed creating on the graffiti boards here and giving the gift of my world to my virtual world friends. Thanks for enabling me to share a piece of my life with you here on SmallWorlds.”

Visit this Space http://www.smallworlds.com/home/robinbanks1

SmallWorlds National Museum – created by Axle Giratina
Axle has provided a large, multi-themed, visually interesting space - and theres a mission too. There’s a lot to see and do here.

Axle says: “One of my friends here on SmallWorlds made a very nice, fully furnished room. This inspired me to make my own huge room, like his. It took me a few days before I finally got the idea of a museum. I really enjoyed getting lots of positive feedback when I was only just working on my first exhibit, which was the Ancient Egyptian room. It was lots of fun in the making!”

Visit this Space http://www.smallworlds.com/home/axlegiratina1/

SmallWorlds Laundromat – created by Bling Blingboi
Your avatars’ outfit looking a little shabby? We’ve got you covered - drop in to the SmallWorlds Laundromat and check out Blings’ rather creative use of furniture!

Bling says: “One day in the middle of August, my friends and I were playing together in SmallWorlds. Someone connected 4 wicker corners together and called it a laundry basket. My immediate reaction was ‘Laundromat!’. Creating it has also inspired me to get into creating more rooms for the SmallWorlds community to enjoy.”

Visit this Space http://www.smallworlds.com/home/blingblingboi10/

This is a just small sample of some of the creative spaces you can find in the ever expanding universe of SmallWorlds. We’d like to invite you to come exploring!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up