VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/3/2008 I’m Impressed Beyond Words  (Read 2983 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/3/2008 I’m Impressed Beyond Words
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:32 PM »

SmallWorlds Blog
I’m Impressed Beyond Words
October 3rd, 2008 - Hilary Jackson

Immigrants bring richness and diversity to the towns and countries they move to as their culture and traditions are transported to new environs.    And for the people themselves making new roots, a new home can bring a whole range of different experiences. 

Sometimes even whole communities are uprooted by major events.  Disney-run Virtual Magic Kingdom opened its doors in 2005, but sadly for its members was permanently shut down in May 2008, leaving a real hole for many loyal players.  Many of these VMK ‘refugees’ have been finding their way to SmallWorlds.  We spoke to a number of them this week to discover how they are getting on. Here’s a selection of what a few of them had to say:

Trader Sam

“I am impressed beyond words.  SmallWorlds has perfect graphic and art design, everything looks so rich and well formed.  The ability to build a custom soundtrack is terrific.  It’s a nice place to come, be creative and build a nice place for friends.   I think that SmallWorlds has gone a long way to replace VMK and is actually better in many ways. Certainly the customer service has improved!” 

Sugar Pie

”I find that SmallWorlds is more ‘real’ than VMK or Runescape mainly because of the faces and other very real looking graphics. The embeddability function is fantastic!  Thanks to you guys for making SW a cool new virtual world for the masses!”

Natie Love

“SmallWorlds is my home away from home. I have found myself completely addicted to it. One of my favorites is the custom missions that users can set up themselves. It is great to see what other users have in their imagination and what they can do with the items that are currently available”.

AmberDaze

"I definitely recommend it.  There is something here for everyone - missions to keep the quest-players happy, games for the all-night and all-day addicts, and new & fun items. If you join SW you’re sure to find something you enjoy… and you’re sure to find some friends. It’s a unique community and definitely a new world you should check out (or check into!).”

ReeBee VMK

"I love that  players are free to create whatever they want. I love that SmallWorlds functions like an amazing platform, without a specific agenda. For example, I don’t have to live in a world full of only  penguins, or weird cartoon characters, or pirates. Players on SmallWorlds can be or create whatever they want. It’s truly unique to find a game that gives that type of freedom!"

We’ll leave the final word to ReeBee who finished by saying:
“Another thing that stands out is the staff. I’ve been a beta tester, and player on lots of games, and have never encountered a staff that was as open, genuine and concerned with the happiness of their players. I am continuously delighted by how involved the artists and creators of the game are. The people creating this game seem to truly love what they are doing, and that shines through and brings that excitement to the players. Amazing creative environment!"”

Thanks for the kind words folks – very much appreciated.  Our team are hard at work on our next release, and we look forward to continuing to engender your generous impressions of what we intend as the best social entertainment experience on the internet. 

We hope you’ll invite your friends in-world soon!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up