VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me decide  (Read 9833 times)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Please help me decide
« on: January 01, 2009, 11:46 AM »

I got an email saying they missed me rofl. So how many knobs are playing this game. Is it worth the money how much gold do I really need thinking about taking the 6 month. Since with the Canadian dollar in the tank. If I join do I keep the stuff I got in beta or do I start buying all over again.

These big estates are there rooms inside or is it just a piece of land. What does the ray gun do.?  Do I keep my friends I had before or do I have to start hunting again thanks.

Just not sure ????
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Please help me decide
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:07 PM »

I got an email saying they missed me rofl. So how many knobs are playing this game. Is it worth the money how much gold do I really need thinking about taking the 6 month. Since with the Canadian dollar in the tank. If I join do I keep the stuff I got in beta or do I start buying all over again.

These big estates are there rooms inside or is it just a piece of land. What does the ray gun do.?  Do I keep my friends I had before or do I have to start hunting again thanks.

Just not sure ????

Hiya Belle ~

Things I do know... the other questions I'm sure others can chime in about.

I'm still playing SW.  Not quite as much as I would like to, but I'm still there.

As far as the Gold.  I know you can only buy the Monthly Collectibles with Gold, or any other items SW puts for sale for only Gold.  Example was the Deluxe Christmas Tree, could only be purchased with Gold.  Also, property is only for sale by SW for Gold.  Some players will put their own spaces for sale, and sometimes will sell for tokens or gold.

You do get to keep everything you had in beta.  Example, all of your spaces (property) that you had, inventory (furnish, foods), magic spells, wearables, tokens.  However, some of the wearables you had, might now require you to be at a certain XP Level in order to wear or use them again.  They still stay in inventory though.

The Islands, Plains, Wetlands or Grasslands that SW has for sale, are basically just a piece of land.  You are able to place furniture and items on the land, but they do not come with additional "indoor" rooms.  They also do not come furnished, it's just a property.

The heat raygun that was offered in the VIP Beta 1 year package is a raygun that you can use on other players that turns them a red color and it does wear off.  This isn't a one time only use magic, like most magic sold in Mysterio's.  The heat and freeze rayguns you keep in inventory and can use forever.  Also, it's important to note that the Heat Raygun is only for VIP Club Members.

There are also many items in Mysterio's that are only for VIP Club SW Members.  I don't believe that you will even be allowed to purchase these items in the shop if you aren't VIP.  I think the button is "greyed" out when trying to purchase, I think?

Your last question was with regards to friends.  You keep everyone you had on your list in beta too.  No need to track them down again. :)

Hope this helps!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:23 PM »

so basically to keep my VIP status I could do a month and see. Might do that :) See I just want try it again.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 03:14 PM »

so basically to keep my VIP status I could do a month and see. Might do that :) See I just want try it again.

I believe the "VIP Status" was in effect at launch out of beta.  I don't think we had a pay "VIP" option in beta.

So basically SW has set up VIP packages that do include a sum of Gold ~ which comes out to 2,000 Gold per Month you buy into.  They can be purchased in 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, and Yearly options ~ for real money.  They did give us beta testers a break on the yearly package.  I thought it was only until 12-31-08, but I see it's still up there.  The yearly membership does include the heat raygun, and the sum of gold in one yearly sum.

Also, of course SW has made the dance studio, taking your pet everywhere (otherwise pet just stays in your home space) and certain avatar options and certain clothing options ~ VIP only now.  We were used to having these things as part of beta.

I hope this is helpful to know too.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 04:37 PM »

You don't "have" to become a VIP just to play.  Most things are still available (just not the things Astro mentioned).

Happy, Kat, Ant, Disvaclub and Aengus are still playing, along with Astro and myself.   (Not sure if Dis or Gracie are VIP, but they are on most times when I get on.)

There may be others, but those are the ones I see most frequently.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 05:18 PM »

Ok I went on and I am in serious need of refresher course. I found the game not so fun to play :( you basically had to scream to get any help. People just ignore you. I had one girl come up and say ur ugly. Which I prompty responded and why is it that you have to act like a child. Must make you feel very small inside. And this was at a pet training place.

It was nice to see my old room. But when I went to look for the members collectible had no idea where it was in mysterios. Of course no one could help.
So let me know when you guys are on need help getting my xp points up. Like doing a ghost story and sleeping in someones room.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 07:20 PM »

Hugs Little Belle:
I had not seen this post when I saw you in game.  Sorry your inital return was not fun.  Hope I our short visit helped you get a bit more familiar with the game.  If you see me in game again, please give me a shout.  I'll show you around to some more places and introduce to some others I have met in game. 
e
If you get stuck and none of us are around try Mary's Antiques or Cue Club.  Look for Helpers (+ above their head)  and Moderators (M above their head) in those locations. 

Hugs!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • more laundry....
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18 PM »

After seeing this thread I thought I'd check out Smallworld again. Once again no friends were on; started a mission but had lag so quit that; finally was able to enter Christmas store and bought a tree and lights (usually I dc trying to enter store).  While in the store a guy was saying "Why don't #**@$+ myself!" ....sigh, this kind of talk just makes me want to stick around  :bm:  :td:

Tried to go to another place and got worse lag and white screen of death.  Between the lag I get, trying to earn credits, and the bummer talk I think I am enjoying Smallworld even less than before. I had hoped Smallworld would be a place to go visit but it becomes frustrating to me.

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 07:52 PM »

I am one that bought in to smallworlds.  It is my favorite of all the games available right now. 

These are my opinions only and I am certainly not knocking anyone else's choice of game.  I'm happy that there are so many games that all of us have found to play.  I do wish we had one game that fit for all of us, but sadly that game is dead.  Anyway, here's why I bought into sw:
The things I enjoy are the graffiti wall that lets me draw, the flickr photo frame that lets me show photos of my choosing, the stereos and tvs that allow you to have your own music and youtube videos. I like doing the missions and am even working on creating one of my own.  I love that when I get something wrong in a mission I don't have to go three steps back like in vmk.   :lolg:  I like that you can charge for your missions as a way of helping you get tokens.  I like the graphics more so than any other game.  I like that there are no host games or items that are rare or can only be gotten by jumping through a hundred different hoops.  I love that we have so many different magics and that I can buy whoopee cushions and burping sodas.   I love that I get to have a dog.  I love that I can set my room so that my friends can access items in fun ways.  I love my friends' rooms and all the creative things they have done.  I love that the chat is not restricted so that if I want to say fart, I can say fart.  I love that I can use the jackass magic when somebody is being rude or annoying to me without provocation.

Now, the game is not perfect by any means.  There are things I don't like.  Number one is the fact that there is a poke button on our pets.  I hate that.  I know he's not real, but it breaks my heart when someone pokes poor little defenseless Elvis.   I don't like the part of unrestricted chat that let's the people excessively curse or use sexually explicit language in public areas.  I do wish there was a multi-player game like pirates in vmk.  I had the most fun playing that game with groups of friends and it's the one thing I miss from vmk the most.  Lastly I don't like the pricing structure for tokens.  I think the prices are set too high for the kids that can only earn 1000 or so tokens a day.  A lot of the hats and such are over 20,000 tokens.  I

What made me decide to pay for VIP was the fact that the price they gave us worked out to less than a dollar a week.  I felt that was more than fair.  I don't know if I'll pay again next year, that will depend on the new price and my own finances at the time.  I do know that I will probably still be playing next year even if I go for the free version. 

So, that's my thoughts on the subject.   :idea:  Hope it helps! 
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 08:32 PM »

Well today went alot better than yesterday. Thanks to Happy who I must say is a wonderful hostess and I now know a popular person rofl. Well I think she is I did a quest and her name was in it :). Thanks so much for showing me the ropes again. I managed to miss all the vulgar members. I now remember what to do. Had a nice chat with Golden and a new friend from canada too Cathy.

It is fun to do the mission. But I think smallworld would be not so fun if you did not know anyone. A special thank you to Happy for sending me on a shopping spree. Still hunting but having fun :)

Hugs.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:13 PM »

Glad today was a better day for you Belle.   It does take time to see who you want to hang out with in the game. 
I have met many non VMkers in SW that have become good friends.  If anyone is thinking of trying SW again,  I'd be happy to show you around.  There are plenty of mature players. 

I think all games have good and bad points.  Based on my posts in this Sub Forum, you certainly know this is my game of choice.  I like not having to be some place at a certain time for an event.  There is enough of that in real life for me.    I love creating missions (quests).  I really love that the game provides the prizes!!!  I also like the ability to make items talk or even cast magic on or teleport people. It is fun to rename items.  I enjoy renaming items and adding pop up message when players pick up items such as gems on the beach. Here are 2 examples that have been at One Happy Island for a few months. (This particular room is set to members only.)

I find it rewarding helping someone that is just learning the game.  Most of all, I like seeing people enjoy my spaces and giggling with friends. (Look out ladies, Happy's Cabana Boy will be back from vacation soon! :laugh2:

SW does have some places where there seems to be a bit more "acting up".  These places remind me a bit of the "free" rooms in VMK.  In mid December,  SW saw a huge surge in members.  I've heard there are a number of younsters from Yoville.  Many do seem fresh.  When I see someone cursing in SW (in any room) I do tell them that cursing (profanity) is not allowed and suggest they read the Terms of Use.  How they react determines my next move.   ;) 

Another thing I like in SW is the ability to have my room boot people, even when I am not there.  If specific words are said----the player is autobooted----Even better...They see a message I wrote while programming the auto boot.  (....Wash your mouth out with soap...)   If needed I can even program in dictionary dances to boot people.  I do wish SW would use this feature on their public spaces.  Granted there will be auto boot dictionary dancing, but it might cut it down. (Yes, this feature does mean Purple Duck could set things up to auto boot anyone that says the color "pink" in her room. Endless possibilities!) 

Kat: Mitch has commented in the SW Forums that they have plans for multiplayer games.  It came up in a thread where players suggested paintball and laser tag. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 10:27 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 06:35 AM »

oh my being booted from purples room for saying pink now that is a challenge rofl

Starshinebelle

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 09:47 AM »

I logged into SW after an absence [due to illnesses and death in my family] Since noone I knew was on I looked around and tried to play some of the quests. I got frozen[Windows Internet Explorer frozeup] and had to exit the window. Is this normal or is it because I haven't join VIP or played for a while?

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 09:48 AM »

I logged into SW after an absence [due to illnesses and death in my family] Since noone I knew was on I looked around and tried to play some of the quests. I got frozen[Windows Internet Explorer frozeup] and had to exit the window. Is this normal or is it because I haven't join VIP or played for a while?

Not sure, but that's what happens to me a lot there.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 09:57 AM »

could it also me that dreaded flash 10. That I quicklyh went back to flash 9. It was affecting any game that had lots of memory. Much better now. But I also notice you do need a faster processor. I can play it find on my lap top but my mini lap top that is painful not enough power behind it.

Starshinebelle

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39 PM »

Thanks I'll have to give that idea a go.  :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 01:51 PM »

I use IE and don't have issues with freezing, that forces a shut down. I don't have Flash 10.  Unless it is an update for Windows or a security related program, I generally don't update right away.  My computer motto, if it isn't broken---why take a chance. (Okay, and add in a dash of being a bit behind)

Lag is generally not an issue for me in most games. In SW, VFK, EI  if I start to notice slow loading I press F5 to get a quick refresh.  In SW, this generally occurs if I have been on for an extended period of time.  In EI and VFK it tends to occur in crowded areas with lots of chat.

If you are having Tech Issues and wish to play/try SW, I suggest posting your issues and computer specs on the Technical Issues Sub Forum at their site. There seems to be a staff member that posts there regularly.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:53 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up