VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Santa in VFK!!!  (Read 10219 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Santa in VFK!!!
« on: December 20, 2008, 10:50 PM »

The jolly man in the red suit is making appearances in VFK! The Victorian House on the map is now made of three rooms and is decorated for Christmas! The third room is where you can visit Santa and sit on his lap to tell him what you want for Christmas.

Apparently, Enigma was on with him earlier. The room only holds 10 people and if it is full you will end up in the Victorian Crossroads. Santa is not an NPC, but is a real staff person, so he is not there all of the time. He will be appearing from now until Christmas and gives out a Santa hat as a prize once you have sat on his lap.

I did not get to see him earlier and the room is now empty and dark. I also saw the empty room with lights on. Now the third room seems to be the BSOD.

From what I understand, the room fills up quickly and stays full. From what I have heard, Santa dc'd earlier and could not get back in because the room was full! Too funny!  :rofl1:

Room 1

Room 2

Santa in the room (Got this pic from fan forums)

Empty Santa room - sitting on empty lap (Until BSOD  :lolg: )

Picture of Santa Hat:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:06 AM by PrincessWendyBird »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Santa in VFK!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 12:25 AM »

I did not get to see him earlier and the room is now empty and dark. However, if you get into the room now and click on his chair you cross the barriers and sit where you would if her were there. Once you do that, the Santa hat appears in your closet. The hat is not tradeable. (probably to keep mules from taking up space) I do not know how long the glitch will be there that you can get the hat without him there, so you may want to hop on and get one soon!

Well, no luck here.. I just tried and the first two rooms are there (and very pretty too), but to enter the third room, it is only a BSOD.   I tried several times.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 12:48 AM »

Yep, they must have figured out people were getting in there. I just checked - BSOD here too. Someone said there was an in game message that he would be back tomorrow, so hopefully people will have luck then.  :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 09:02 AM »

CUTE!!   :2thunbs:   Thanks for all the pictures Princess!   :hug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 09:57 AM »

aww! This is making me so teary eyed you guys! princess would LOVE to sit on santa's lap!  (she still BELIEVES!)  I sure hope and PRAY she can get in there one day before christmas. I haven't been able to take her to the mall to visit santa in a few years now. (ever since we went to disney world for christmas a few years back and princess came back with a very nasty life threatening respiratory virus , she just can't take the chance of going out into a mall or any where for that matter during this time of the year)  This is one of the reasons why these virtual worlds are sooo special to her.
Little things we take for granted in life. -sigh-

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 11:11 AM »

I think the glitch is working currently, as I just logged on and tried and got a hat without dear Santa being there.  You do have to sit on the "invisible" lap in order to get a hat though.  :thumb:   The room was empty.  Hurry, not sure how much longer it will work.  Good Luck All!  Thanks again Princess for the heads up on this, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it for sure.   :hug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 11:34 AM »

So far I've not been able to get to Santa's room...the others are very pretty though.  Good luck everyone!
thanks for pics and info Princess.

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 02:54 PM »

I got kicked out to the Victorian crossroads.  Love those first too rooms though!  Hope I can get in sometime--I really miss my VMK Mickey Santa hat.  Though I did just buy a real one when we were in WDW!
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 05:15 PM »

I finally got my main and spare in single player mode....at which point I could enter Santa's room and got santa hats for both.

To go single player mode I followed these instructions from another forum      "The way I do it is to Open an internet browser and log into your account normally. Then open a tab with VFK and log into the same account on that tab. It will then dc your first page and all you have to do is just exit the dc message and you will be in single player mode"    I also kept clicking mouse button under the loading box after second room just in case so I would start walking in the 3rd room of Santa's

I sat on stack of gumdrops first; then clicked on the floor just in front of the leg of chair facing the right side to "sit on invisible lap" - then when I checked my clothes hanger the santa hat was there.

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 06:26 PM »

Woot!  Thanks for the tip!  I got my hat!

Still would be fun to see Santa though.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 07:19 PM »

Woot!  Thanks for the tip!  I got my hat!

Still would be fun to see Santa though.

you're welcome :) - yep wish I could see Santa too, but at least we got hats now hehe

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 10:48 PM »

Hugzzzzz Funfly, thanks for the tip.  I have been out all day at a Christmas party and I tried for the hat after hours using your tip and it worked.  Now I hope Mom can get in.  LOL!

Do they just show up in our closet and not in our inventory?  Also can you only get one hat per person?

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 11:24 PM »

Woot! I love it!  :wavet: What creative NoBSers we have here. At least with the hat being out of the way, we can relax about getting in to see Santa just to say Hi. It also seems Mrs. Santa Claus was out and about earlier today. I did not get to see her, but did see a few pics around. I will try to find one and post.

Krazy, I believe we only see the hats in our closet because at this time they are not tradeable. As far as getting more than one, we can't really tell until they appear in our inventory I guess? What a really cute idea - just very creative and fun. I have to say, the developers just keep coming up with some awesome "out of the box" stuff. The Santa room itself reminds me of something you might see at Macy's in "Miracle on 34th Street". :thumb:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 11:42 PM »

Krazy, I believe we only see the hats in our closet because at this time they are not tradeable. As far as getting more than one, we can't really tell until they appear in our inventory I guess?

Ah, ok, I wasn't sure.  Ty for the help Princess!  :hug:

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06 PM »

Mrs. Claus was indeed in the second room towards the late afternoon yesterday.  That was good because she let us know to continue trying to get the hat since nobody seemed to know what was VFK's schedule for letting people into the third room.  So, that was a great move on VFK's part.

As for Santa, I tried Funfly's suggestion but I couldn't get into the single player mode.  However, it turned out not to be necessary, since I ended up in the third room with Santa present!  He kept having to leave for a few minutes here and a few minutes there.  One point he said he had to refresh because the chair he was sitting in was broken (he blamed the elves) and he couldn't get reseated.  I asked if that was because he had one too many cookie breaks??   :laugh2:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39 PM »

One point he said he had to refresh because the chair he was sitting in was broken (he blamed the elves) and he couldn't get reseated.  I asked if that was because he had one too many cookie breaks??   :laugh2:

LMAO Cloud!  :roflmao:

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 07:58 PM »

:angel:
VFK did some holiday magic yesterday and princessmadiro got to sit on santa's lap!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:
 I'm sorry for not letting you all know sooner. I was hoping to post some pictures ( I only took about 30 screenshots) but I haven't been able to get to princess's computer long enough (without falling asleep  :sleep:)to get them moved to photobucket.

I was so excited about reading that santa was in VFK that I woke up princess to tell her the news. She woke up right away and wanted to get on to see him. Once I got her computer set up for her she quickly logged on while I was giving her a breathing treatment. She tried several times to get through the house but kept getting booted out to the crossroads. One of those times she did get into santa's empty room but got booted shortly after entering. She got so upset and went to her snow room and sent a note through help. She typed in something like: "Is santa really here? I really want to see santa. I can't go see him in real so I really need to sit on his lap here. I've tried to get in several times and I keep getting booted. I'm not leaving until I see him. Please help!" She waited and waited while doing most of her morning routine and then suddenly got a message from VFK Vintage saying to stay where she was and that the developers were trying to get her in there. OMG she was so excited! We were both in shock and couldn't believe that someone actually responded. Sure enough little princess got teleported magically to santa's room and there he was. VFK Legend was in there too and a little boy was sitting on santa's lap. They let the boy and princess stay in there and talk to santa for a very generous amount of time I might add. Then Legend said that they needed to start letting the "masses" in. The little boy and princess received an elf outfit and santa said they were now his helpers. Of course everyone was asking her where she got the outfit once she got out into VFK. ( we didn't know untill later that you could buy it) She hung out in the first room of the house for a little while spreading christmas cheer and telling people to just believe in the magic. It was way too cute! I can't tell you how special the whole experience was. princess was soooo excited and i couldn't stop crying.  :cry:

At one point princess asked santa if he could bring back VMK. Santa avoided the question the first time she asked and a little later she said "santa you didn't answer my question". Santa said " What question was that princessmadiro?" She repeated the question and santa said It wasn't up to him to bring VMK back.  :'(

THANK YOU VFK - you brought some magic back to my little princess! It really was one of those "the true meaning of christmas moments" with a sprinkle of pixie dust attached!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up