More Misc... [Public] > Cooking, Dining & Recipes

What's your Thanksgiving menu?

<< < (2/8) > >>

papaduck:

--- Quote from: BooLani on November 21, 2008, 10:09 PM ---Well this is my first thanksgiving being an English transplant in Cali so I'm looking forward to joining in a  new for me tradition, so decided Im going to stick with my baking fever and make some more of the Pecan Tassies that I made for Fee and I on Wednesday, to take to dinner. so when everyone's too full from dinner and deserts I can sit there munching on my little tartlets hehe, probably make some for Fee to take to work with him that day too :)

--- End quote ---

So.......does Fee call you "his little tartlet"? :lolg:

thealienstitch:

--- Quote from: papaduck on November 22, 2008, 08:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: BooLani on November 21, 2008, 10:09 PM ---Well this is my first thanksgiving being an English transplant in Cali so I'm looking forward to joining in a  new for me tradition, so decided Im going to stick with my baking fever and make some more of the Pecan Tassies that I made for Fee and I on Wednesday, to take to dinner. so when everyone's too full from dinner and deserts I can sit there munching on my little tartlets hehe, probably make some for Fee to take to work with him that day too :)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nope Nope Nope, if I did I would receive such a slap over the head with a battered sausage hee hee hee hee.............................Fee  :rofl1:

papaduck:

--- Quote from: thealienstitch on November 22, 2008, 09:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: papaduck on November 22, 2008, 08:41 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nope Nope Nope, if I did I would receive such a slap over the head with a battered sausage hee hee hee hee.............................Fee  :rofl1:

--- End quote ---

Don't let nuthin but fear hold ya back. :lolg:

gshawen:
This thread is worthless without recipes, so start posting them starting with these.

5 kinds of ice tea
homemade stuffing
whipped cream for pies (the real stuff as Mom says, no can/frozen kind)

And to start this off I will post my mom's and grandma's cranberry salad recipe. I hate cranberries but I love this stuff.

CRANBERRY SALAD   

1 Orange 
1 can or bag of Cranberries
½ c. Pecans
1 ½ Cups sugar
2 small pkgs Jello Cherry or Strawberry
Mix Jello with 1 ½ Cups of water per box
 I use Cherry Jello

Grind all of these:

1 Orange  (Grind all even the peel but take out the piece that the orange was attached to the tree, and also the middle section of the orange, the inner skin thing  or most of it)
½ c. Pecans

then add:

1 ½ Cups sugar
2 small pkgs Jello Cherry or Strawberry(we use cherry Jello)

Than put in fridge and let get firm and cold

funfly:

--- Quote from: gshawen on November 22, 2008, 10:09 AM ---This thread is worthless without recipes, so start posting them starting with these.

5 kinds of ice tea
homemade stuffing
whipped cream for pies (the real stuff as Mom says, no can/frozen kind)

And to start this off I will post my mom's and grandma's cranberry salad recipe. I hate cranberries but I love this stuff.

CRANBERRY SALAD   

1 Orange 
½ c. Pecans
1 ½ Cups sugar
2 small pkgs Jello Cherry or Strawberry
 I use Cherry Jello

Grind all of these:

1 Orange  (Grind all even the peel)
½ c. Pecans

then add:

1 ½ Cups sugar
2 small pkgs Jello Cherry or Strawberry(we use cherry Jello)

Than put in fridge and let get firm and cold

--- End quote ---

Oh Yummm...sounds so good- I think I'm going to add this one to my dinner! Thanks Gas.  :thumb:

Only one I can do from memory is:
Whipped cream for pies:  Buy heavy cream or whipping cream (usually with the coffee creamers, etc)  Pour into cold mixing bowl; and whip/beat on high speed until thickened and forms peaks...Beat in  2-3 tablespoons of sugar to your taste and serve or store in refrigerator.  You don't need to add the sugar if you don't like it sweet.

If you have extra left you can put little spoonfuls on a foil lined pan and place in freezer. Once frozen -peel the frozen whipped cream "dollops/clumps" and place in a covered container and return to freezer. Then they are good to go for whenever you want one or two for leftover pie or hot chocolate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version