VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tip For Builders  (Read 3872 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Tip For Builders
« on: November 17, 2008, 02:20 PM »

Hi!
I was in a live chat with Vintage today about by favorite 2 birds.  There was some small talk while we were waiting.  I mentioned I have yet to learn how to build well since they added the second "drop" option.  She offered the following tips:

One thing that helps is using the up and down arrows.
If you hold the down arrow down before click a move option it holds it to the floor.
The up arrow will move it up in a stack.

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but thought it might help.

Oh, the birds?  They thought they were fixed months ago and are checking to see why the fix is not showing or was not applied.  She asked me to let her know if they are still an issue tomorrow by using the help button.  How long had it been since I played AWA?  Hmm.  Today was my first game with the new fonts. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: Tip For Builders
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:41 PM »

:2thunbs: Thank you so much for posting this Happy. Hopefully this will help some frustrated builders out there.

I often use the down arrow key when building rooms. I find that if I cannot get an item to drop directly next to another (especially crates,barrels, dice, etc.) If I click the down arrow while moving the item, I get more grid options where the object will go.

King has begun building more and spent some time the other night learning by trial and error making his "King" room you see in his signature. I ws trying to help him, but it is something you really have to practice and get the feel for on your own. King actually described it as more of an "art" to get some things in the right place.

I have actually enjoyed the "free move" option mixed with the "grid move". It gives a nice flexibility to where you can place objects. Hope they keep that.

Oh, and Happy, here's hoping they fix the bird labels before I get too far with working on a bird game guide. I have been pondering how to label that Bewick Wren. Do I label it correctly and confuse people in the game or label it Bemick Wren and have the incorrect bird name?  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Tip For Builders
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:20 PM »

Hi!
I was in a live chat with Vintage today about by favorite 2 birds.  There was some small talk while we were waiting.  I mentioned I have yet to learn how to build well since they added the second "drop" option.  She offered the following tips:

One thing that helps is using the up and down arrows.
If you hold the down arrow down before click a move option it holds it to the floor.
The up arrow will move it up in a stack.

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but thought it might help.

Oh, the birds?  They thought they were fixed months ago and are checking to see why the fix is not showing or was not applied.  She asked me to let her know if they are still an issue tomorrow by using the help button.  How long had it been since I played AWA?  Hmm.  Today was my first game with the new fonts. 

Woot Happy!   :clap1:

So glad you are getting some response too!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up