VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question for the members  (Read 2466 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
A question for the members
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:12 PM »

Ok I have a question for the members.  Last night (really early morning) I asked Sky if they were going to release Pirates and she said they did already, but to members only.  Is that true?  Am I waiting and waiting for a game that might not even be for the non-members?  Sigh!  :cry:  :madder:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

KahneFan

Re: A question for the members
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:26 PM »

I think she was talking about the pirate clothes.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:37 PM »

:hmmmm:hmm, if she isn't talking about the clothing then perhaps thats the issue - they think they did a bunch of stuff already.....

Space Pirates is not out as far as I am aware, that and several other games were slated to be released long ago but no update on the time table has been given (feel free to correct if anyone knows better) Many of us look forward to the release of these games but have no idea the hold up on them.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 09:21 PM »

I think I might be able to answer a few things about the upcoming games. King and I have had to call VFK several times in the last two weeks regarding other issues with our founders memberships and the Flash issue. While they were in the process of fixing the problem we had with our family membership, King asked about Space Pirates and a few other things. Here is a summary:

1. My educated guess is that Sky was talking about the pirate costumes. There is no space pirates game released right now. I think Sky is newer and I have found she is still "learning the ropes".

2. The big issue they are fixing right now is a grid problem with the "Space Pirates" game. It is a "fixable" problem, but is taking more time to get right. This is the same grid problem that exists in the game. It is the problem with people seeing our avatars in different places on different screens. This is what made the host events like races very confusing, which is why we have had "Host Hide and Seek" since October. It was our understanding from our conversation with VFK that while that team is fixing the game and grid issues, the other teams have also been working on the rest of the "Space Age". I think they are trying to have the entire Space area ready to release once the game issues are fixed. Of course, all things are subject to change, but this is where things stand for now.

3. The Trading Market Game was released for a very brief time the night it was announced. There was a huge bug in the game which enabled several players to receive over 200,000 credits per game. This was not supposed to happen and so the game closed down until the bugs could be tweaked.

4. Flash 10 is supposed to be able to fix the memory leak issue - which will be great for the lag issue many are facing. However, Flash 10 still has its own bugs and I think some things have been postponed while they adjust this to work with different aspects of the game.

5. Yes, this is my last point.  :rofl1: This came from several other sources, but it would seem that the gaming platform they are using is different from any other game out there right now. The 3 dimensional aspects, movements, details in clothing movements, etc. are being tested by VFK more than this platform has ever been pushed.  I know there are many bugs and glitches now, but I think the potential is there for some really great things in gaming that we have never seen before. In the meantime, I think they are trying to keep us all happy with Holiday goodies and are slowly adding some things that we are all looking for. (ie. sitting in more chairs  :lolg: )

If anyone has any questions for them, you should give them a call. If the machine picks up, just try back again. You can also use the Help button for these kinds of questions or concerns. I think many are afraid to use the Help button because of how we were scolded for doing so in VMK. They want us to use it for these things. Just today I reported the bug where certain clothing was not showing up in inventories. They had no idea this was happening. I was the first report they had about the problem. So, if you notice something or have a concern, use that Help button to let them know.  :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up