VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a little Halloween help (advice, not stuff hehe)  (Read 5626 times)

Disney Dreams

Need a little Halloween help (advice, not stuff hehe)
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:35 AM »

Hi all,

When VMK closed and we all started finding new worlds / games, I fell in love with Small Worlds.  I could not wait for it to go live as it seemed like a place I knew I could make my new virtual home.

Since they "said" nothing would leave beta with us, I didn't see the point in muling the heck out of the game and just stepped away from it, checking periodically if it was going live yet.  Well, we all know that this proved to be a mistake.  No big deal.

My problem is this: I have been ill for 3 weeks and have not had the mind thought to figure out everything in Small Worlds.  I know there is special Halloween stuff, but my interpretation of it is that it will all revert back to "normal" items post Halloween.  Is this true?

Are there any items that are Halloween specific that will be around later that I should buy?  I did find the Halloween shop and love the purple fires and candles, but think (not sure) that they will not be purple in a few days.  Am I right about this? 

Oh!  And I could not figure out for the life of me how to buy a skeleton.  Could someone please help me with where / what / how to get this and any other special Halloween Small World items?  Thanks! 

I have tokens, not asking for stuff, just help in knowing what's what in there.  I have signed on a few times in the last few days looking for a few of you and have not been on when anyone else was.  I appreciate the hand-holding as I try to get back "into" SW. 

- Dreams

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Need a little Halloween help (advice, not stuff hehe)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:42 PM »

I haven't been on myself enough to answer much.. but I can tell you that we can no longer trade anything to anyone, even to our own accounts.  So, like Pixie Hollow.. no sharing/trading. :td:

SW did give us a pumpkin head to wear, my hope is that remains with us.

Anything else Halloween, will revert tomorrow (although I wonder what my "tray of eyeballs" will revert to?).

Someone else will have to answer about the skeleton..

ETA: There is some Halloweenish items in Dungeons of Deals, that I expect will remain as part of the game.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:48 PM »

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Our house guests arrived this afternoon. 

The skeleton is in Sands of Time (near the hot tub) and costs 1,400 tokens. This thread has the photo.
http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=3282.0

As far as I am aware the holiday lights purple/green are not in stores.  I read this in the SW forum a few days ago. 

For most items that revert, the original item name displays in the description when clicked.  The eyeballs will revert to a box of chocolates. (sold in Big Al's Diner.)   

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:54 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:50 PM »

SW did give us a pumpkin head to wear, my hope is that remains with us.

I was talking with one of the hosts and they told me that we would get to keep the pumpkin head.  Hopefully they are correct, as it is a cute item to have.  I also noticed that I can wear my helmet over top of the pumpkin head... kind of cool.
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
FurballWench

Disney Dreams

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:50 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Got my skeleton as it seems that's the key Halloween item that will remain in game (but probably not in the shops).  I appreciate the replies.  I was so in love this this World and when nothing happened for so long, I went away (for too long).  Time for me to study up on it again and ump in.  Appreciate the help!

- Dreams

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 01:09 PM »

Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but I was under the impression from reading various places in SW that the Halloween items will revert back to normal on Monday, 11/3.

Also, I have heard the same, that we do get to keep the SW gift to us of the Pumpkin Head.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up