VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Flash 10 - "freezing" in VFK  (Read 6463 times)

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
Adobe Flash 10 - "freezing" in VFK
« on: October 31, 2008, 03:08 AM »

This was originally posted in the technical section, but I thought some people might need to see this over here.

Recently, Princess downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10 on her computer, and it's been creating problems in VFK.

Certain rooms will freeze for 10 or more seconds at a time and videos cannot be seen on the TV.

I called VFK, and they said they have heard this complaint from other players who also downloaded Flash 10. They said they are working on resolving the issues, but for the time being to go back to Flash 9.

I have not been able to successfully uninstall Flash 10, and/or install Flash 9.

Any suggestions?

Well, we have our answer.

I called VFK back (at their suggestion to call 45 minutes later when a developer would be available) and I spoke with a developer. He was super friendly and not in a hurry to get off the phone. He said that while VFK is close to fixing the issues with Flash 10 (they already have an internal VFK version that is close to being ready) it's causing some bugs like freezing in game up to 30 seconds at a time, and the Super TV not displaying video.

He said Flash 10 will have some nice advances, like not allowing memory to build up and ultimately making the game play faster, but it is only two weeks old and will take a little time to iron out the issues.

For now, he said to uninstall Flash 10 and go back to Flash 9.

Here is the link for Flash 9:
http://www6.virtualfamilykingdom.com/Flash9.zip

Click the "save" option and then when it's saved, click the "open folder" option. You'll see a file titled Flash9 or something like that. Double-click that file, and Install (or "run"). Then try logging on to VFK. This worked for Princess' computer, hope it works for others too.

We were very impressed with VFK's customer service on the phone, and they spent about 30 minutes walking me through the process. I was thankful, and the developer said they are more than happy to support the VFK community. If this fix doesn't help you, don't hesitate to call VFK. We called them around 11:30 pm EST.

Bravo VFK!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:27 AM by KingQuackATac »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: Adobe Flash 10 - "freezing" in VFK
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:19 AM »

If anyone is having trouble seeing the image on the TV or with freezing (especially in the maze) you should definitely give this a try for now. I can not believe the difference I have had in playing the game since we did this. I think everyone will also be really pleased that Adobe flash 10, once the bugs are worked out, will solve that horrible memory leak that has been happening!  :wavet:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

NotAZoo

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:17 AM »

This Post is a Godsend!!!

Not even concerning VFK, Flash 10 has been a nightmare for me in the past few weeks.   Since successfully upgrading I have not been able to see flash content on tons of websites.   The sites actually tell me I need to go and install Flash as if it doesn't even exist on my computer.   I have been wanting so bad to find the old version and hadn't had the time or the luck in doing so....and low and behold NoBS to the rescue.   

Thanks Wendy and King!!!!

Ultracoolmouse

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:49 AM »

Thanks guys and er gals!  :drinkingtoast2: Good info to know!

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:09 AM »

Thank you so miuch King and Wendy! :yes!:  I have been having problems just as you described.  Just checked with DH and sure enough he upgraded to 10.  Thanks for taking the time to post!  :2thunbs:
Go Angels! :angel:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 09:40 PM »

Well I decided by the end of december this flash 10 should be working right by now. NOPE. Thanks to this thread I was able to put 9 back in.

Thank you for posting this :) I found I would freeze alot in VFK and even on other programs.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up