VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smallworlds has a Halloween Makeover!  (Read 9951 times)

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
Smallworlds has a Halloween Makeover!
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:30 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that many, many changes have been made for Halloween.   :wavet: I found a pumpkin head in my inventory!  I also had some of my magic switched to Halloween magic.  Many items have been altered for Halloween.  Plants are dead or have voodoo dolls hanging in them, the hot tub is now full of slime, food items have been grossed out (Happy, the pizza on your island is swarming with maggots!   :ahh:) lighting effects are now green or orange... so many things have been changed!    Sorry I am not able to post pics, you all will have to sign on and see it!

Edited to add:

I ran into Mitch Smallworlds in the Mysterio Shop and he said that we will get to keep the pumpkin head!  Woot for free stuff!   :clap1:  He also said a new room will be opening in about an hour.  I believe the title was Halloween Hall. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 08:52 PM by Kat »
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
FurballWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: Smallworlds has a Halloween Makeover!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:12 PM »

The rooms won't load for me, even the new Halloween room...but I was able to see the Halloween head in my inventory.  :lolg:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:18 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that many, many changes have been made for Halloween.   :wavet: I found a pumpkin head in my inventory!  I also had some of my magic switched to Halloween magic.  Many items have been altered for Halloween.  Plants are dead or have voodoo dolls hanging in them, the hot tub is now full of slime, food items have been grossed out (Happy, the pizza on your island is swarming with maggots!   :ahh:) lighting effects are now green or orange... so many things have been changed!    Sorry I am not able to post pics, you all will have to sign on and see it!

:yes!:  So I have a true duck pond now??  Oh am I getting on there, I haven't had "the real stuff" in so long!!

Slime, slime, wonderful slime... lalala :duck_ride:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18 AM »

Woot! Here are a few snapshots.  Halloween Hall is the new Public Space.

From the blog:  ...We’re also releasing three or four new items, available exclusively over the Halloween period. There’s a haunted pumpkin head as a wearable item; witch and vampire spells; plus a whole lot more – you’ll need to come on in-world and see it all for yourself...

From Staff in the forum: Some Halloween missions will be posted in this thread later on this week.

Yes, that is a purple campfire my feathered friend.  Astro, although the long stem red rose in these photos, you'll love it's new blue color.   I love the little things like the eyeball in the fizzy drink!  There is a hidden room off of Halloween Hall. 

In case I am not around  PurpleDuck, Kat and Pandora Panda also know the password to get in to the Halloween Haunt room. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:17 AM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:17 AM »

Yes, I did get to see a great deal of wonderful changes for Halloween, including the camp fire.

Probably one of the nicest things, considering this stuff is only out for a few days, is that when I turned Panda into a witch, the spell is really long lasting!  (She did admit it was more her true nature anyway!) :lolg:

Besides the witch spell.. I did pick up a few other "delicasies", like a plate of eyeballs.. they looked really moist and good!  The rest will have to wait for "the right moment"  >:D

Did anyone else catch one of the tombstones in the Halloween Hall.. for me it said "Here rests PurpleDuck".  I also loved all the "triggered" effects, like the ghost in Halloween Hall calling you by name, and the skeleton heads giving some very sage advice.. some too late to avoid hehe.

I did find the key so I could enter the Halloween Hall basement.. but as you teleport, you have to supply a password.  I tried at least 30 things I could think of, but never did get it.  (Would love to know if someone does ;) )

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 03:33 AM »

Yes, I did get to see a great deal of wonderful changes for Halloween, including the camp fire.

Probably one of the nicest things, considering this stuff is only out for a few days, is that when I turned Panda into a witch, the spell is really long lasting!  (She did admit it was more her true nature anyway!) :lolg:

Besides the witch spell.. I did pick up a few other "delicasies", like a plate of eyeballs.. they looked really moist and good!  The rest will have to wait for "the right moment"  >:D

Did anyone else catch one of the tombstones in the Halloween Hall.. for me it said "Here rests PurpleDuck".  I also loved all the "triggered" effects, like the ghost in Halloween Hall calling you by name, and the skeleton heads giving some very sage advice.. some too late to avoid hehe.

I did find the key so I could enter the Halloween Hall basement.. but as you teleport, you have to supply a password.  I tried at least 30 things I could think of, but never did get it.  (Would love to know if someone does ;) )

Yes, except that tombstone says Here lies Happy Guest for me. (I can share that secret with anyone that would like it.)  hehehehe.  Donkey and Fish head magics are temporarily the witch and dracula magic.  Anyone know where they found the time to do all this with there "live" release just around the corner?

Duckie: Check pm's for the spoiler on the exit. 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:50 AM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:58 AM »

Yes, except that tombstone says Here lies Happy Guest for me. (I can share that secret with anyone that would like it.)  hehehehe.  Donkey and Fish head magics are temporarily the witch and dracula magic.  Anyone know where they found the time to do all this with there "live" release just around the corner?

I would like a spoiler pm too if you don't mind Happy!

When I went to the room, as I was passing the gargoyle to go into the cemetary he threw a fireball at me.  Did anyone else notice this? 
________
Kathy

FurballWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 07:25 AM »

When I went to the room, as I was passing the gargoyle to go into the cemetary he threw a fireball at me.  Did anyone else notice this? 

Yes, I got roasted twice, cause I couldn't believe it the first time, so the truly dumb duck went back again! :rofl1:  However, it was not because you passed the gargoyle.. it was because you stopped close enough to the skull beside it.  The skull DID SAY 'gotcha', and it triggered the gargoyle to throw the fireball.  So on my second check, as soon as I saw it say 'gotcha', I tried to fly away to not be a standing target.. but it got me anyway.  :hmm:  Needless to say, I walk on the other side of the room now!

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 07:37 AM »

Yes, I got roasted twice, cause I couldn't believe it the first time, so the truly dumb duck went back again! :rofl1:  However, it was not because you passed the gargoyle.. it was because you stopped close enough to the skull beside it.  The skull DID SAY 'gotcha', and it triggered the gargoyle to throw the fireball.  So on my second check, as soon as I saw it say 'gotcha', I tried to fly away to not be a standing target.. but it got me anyway.  :hmm:  Needless to say, I walk on the other side of the room now!

Ah, I didn't even notice the skull!  Very sneaky indeed!  :thumb:
________
Kathy

FurballWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 07:41 AM »

Sending Spoiler, Kat. 

If anyone can not get the key...because a chair is in the way...search for the room Hidden Halloween Haunt by Dan Smallworlds and use the password as the room loads.

There are some great new features open to all room, including and auto boot feature.  The room owner plugs in a word or words.  If a players says the "magic words" they are booted---and see a custom message programmed in by the owner.   :lolg:
 I have added some proximaty features on One Happy Island. 

If you really want to get roasted try Tony Fendall's new mission Capture the Flag. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:08 AM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 09:08 AM »

Pandora just discovered the password must be in lowercase letters.

BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 10:47 AM »

See what I mean Happy?  I tried first letters as caps, all letters lower case, space between the words, no space between the words, and all those combinations.  I swear it changes every time and I simply don't use/find the "correct" way on any of the times!   :bm:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 12:24 PM »

See what I mean Happy?  I tried first letters as caps, all letters lower case, space between the words, no space between the words, and all those combinations.  I swear it changes every time and I simply don't use/find the "correct" way on any of the times!   :bm:

I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe it is haunted?  It's very possible there is a typo and that is why I can get in because my typing is so awful.    Hope you get in soon. 

Hugs!

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up