VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Host Game tonight?  (Read 9050 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Host Game tonight?
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:54 PM »

I saw Host Fin flying around on the map today and she said Harmony might have a host game tonight at 8PM.  Just thought I would give eveyone a heads up especially if you haven't gotten a purple pumpkin yet.

She also said they have something really special next week which probably has something to do with Halloween.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

:victory:  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!  :victory:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: Host Game tonight?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:37 PM »

Yep, you are right Krazy. this is now posted on the VFK Home page:

Beta Host Game!
October 24th, 2008

The fourth Beta Host Game will start at 5:00 PM Pacific Time!

We are still trying to get a purple pumpkin but I am afraid of what the lag might be like with the maze open also. Well, what is life without a little adventure?  :drunk: Bottoms up!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Disney Dreams

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 05:01 PM »

Having never been on during a host event, can someone explain to me how the room appeared last time *i.e. does it just show up on host tab, do you have to keep clicking, does a doorbell ring and I have to greet Harmony with cookies, or...?) and what the event was?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:09 PM by Disney Dreams »

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 05:48 PM »

VMK_Mintie just came in to the victorian crossroads and is doing trivia with us while we wait in the queue and is giving prizes!! woot mintie!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:05 PM by SleepingBeth »
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

Disney Dreams

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 09:50 PM »

VMK_Mintie just came in to the victorian crossroads and is doing trivia with us while we wait in the queue and is giving prizes!! woot mintie!

Had a lot of fun in there with Mintie, you and others.  If by any chance VFK staff reads here, thanks for the fun (well, yeah, and the prizes), Mintie.  We all appreciated it!

- Dreams
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:07 PM by Disney Dreams »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:34 PM »

Well, my momma taught me, "If you can't say nothin' nice don't say nothin' at all", so...  :-X It was so nice to get to say a very quick Hi to Harmony as the game was beginning when I finally got into the game room. However, it is really impossible to have fair "races" when people are still seeing different things on different screens. During my race, it was very laggy in the room. On my screen it looked as if only I was racing. I must not have been alone, though, because another player won. No big deal, I am a grown up - no purple pumpkin will not kill me. But my heart ached for a young man who was still in line on my screen and also on his during the entire race. He kept yelling, "No I am still in line!". On my screen, that is where he was also. Poor guy did not even have a chance to race. Clearly, on Harmony's screen, he was out on the racing floor. I just wonder if the hosts know that this is an issue. It may change the way they do their games.

Mintie is awesome, isn't she? She is just a joy in the game and I got a quick chance to see her before getting into a waiting room. (holding tank  :lolg: ) Well, at least Krazy Kim and I were stuck there together for a while. Hugs everyone.  :hug: Oh and King grabbed a screen shot of Harmony's room while he was in there for his race. (He lost also hehe) Looks like we might see blue and pink cauldrons in our future! Woot to that and cheers friends.  :drinkingtoast:

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 07:37 AM »

I completely agree with you Princess with what we all see on our screens is totally different.  I don't know how they can run "race" type games, with this issue.  I know this, because many of us (or maybe I'm the only child here - hehe), tried "racing" when we first got our fairy magic.  What a friend might see on their screen is completely different then what I see on mine.  This goes for the small and large avatars also.  Some people see something different.  Or, when an avatar is "running" into another character, looks like they are in a different spot on a friends screen.  Many, many issues there.

I personally was in a "holding" room for at least 2 hours.  Never advanced to the Host room.  Apparently, some Staff can tell you where the avatar is in queue.  VFK_Mintie I saw telling someone where their friend was in queue.  I'm not sure how it works, but it's frustrating to say the least.  Only 5 people maximum could be in a holding room at one time.  Also, I know for me and many others, when the Host game first popped up... If we were in the Grave Yard Room, we just left.  Because we assumed that it was just an empty instance and to keep look for the "real" Host Room.  A VERY long time later this in game Pop Up appeared.  It's a shame that VFK didn't tell us this in the beginning.  Many of us would have stayed put from the beginning and wouldn't have kept leaving.   :td:   :uhuh2:

I have to wonder how many holding rooms there are though?

Moral to the story... Unless they change things... STAY PUT in the Empty instance of the replica Host Room.  Apparently that is the queue.   :??:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:34 PM »

By some freak chance of luck, and after much confusion, I ended up in Harmony's racing game.  Let me tell you that the confusion continued!  First, people immediately commented they were shocked to be in the game.  They suggested to Harmony that some kind of message be sent out about the queue line.  Most of us didn't know we were in the queue until VFK broadcasted the message.

Then in the room, Harmony asked us to get in a single line by the fireplace.  That was the first chore!  Because of the rope dividers she had up, everyone had a difficult time with the simple task of walking over to the area.  She finally had to remove dividers.

Next, the lag started to affect several of us in full force.  People kept commenting "Please don't let me dc!"  Harmony tried to get the first set of 3 players to the starting line and she found she was frozen herself and she had to leave the game!!  Fortunately, she was still able to talk and told us to wait.  After several long minutes, she returned.  We tried again to get the first 3 in the starting position.  However, one of the players she named was stuck by the fireplace!  He could not move at all which was really strange since he was moving not one minute earlier.  He kept telling her what was going on and she finally said she had to go get some kind of book (I'm assuming she or another VFK techie had to research the problem).  After another long delay, they were able to rescue the player and the race finally started.  BTW, after this long wait, somebody suggested that VFK just give all of us purple pumpkins!

At this point, I was having such bad lag that I considered just leaving, but then I saw others commenting they were experiencing the same.  I had such bad lag that I didn't even see the first race, but the young man who couldn't move until VFK rescued him found he won the race.  One of the other racers commented that she thought she had won, but she was so fed up that she didn't argue.

Harmony then called up the next group and I was surprised when she called out my title.  I was still experiencing intermittent periods of lag, but I was able to try to get in line.  That took a few minutes for all of us because we were not able to navigate well by the start.  Harmony finally told us it didn't matter if we faced forward or sideways as long as we were by our starting pumpkin.  She told us "Go!"  So, I did expecting lag to take over my character at any moment.  Much to my surprise, I was able to "race" to one end of the room and back without any lag.  I did notice the other two players didn't move at all.  I didn't know if they were hit by the lag or what.  All I know is that the lag hit me when I finished and when it cleared, Harmony said I won.  She then said I was given the prize in my inventory and for all of us to quickly exit, "Off you go!"  I felt guilty as I left but what could I say except thank you

Hopefully, VFK discovered the problems plaguing this game and will take steps to fix.  For their credit, I am glad to hear Minty tried to entertain people in the queues while they worked out the technical issues!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 12:39 PM »

Congrats on your purple pumpkin, Cloudy!   :2thunbs:    :clap1:

I appreciate you taking the time to post, so that we can all understand what is going on when you are actually in a Host Room.

There does seem to be many things that need to be worked on for Host games, among the list of other things I'm sure.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 12:50 PM »

Congrats!

I think the confusion of the "holding rooms" was a large issue.  Now, we all know.

As for the system not being able to handle races yet, I will just say that when I got in the host room, Harmony seemed to be getting frustrated with me (Sorry!) because I was not going where she clearly needed me.  However, on my screen, I was exactly where she asked me to go.   :??:

She then said, "ready, set, go" and I was the only one on my screen to move.  I ran to the end of the room and was half way back when she announced another player the winner.  On my screen the other 2 players never even left the start line.  I'd say that's an issue that needs to be resolved for successful race games, no?  LOL   Ah well, such is beta.  Err, delta, wait, gamma, well, whichever.  ;)

- Dreams

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 01:09 PM »

Well, my momma taught me, "If you can't say nothin' nice don't say nothin' at all", so...  :-X It was so nice to get to say a very quick Hi to Harmony as the game was beginning when I finally got into the game room. However, it is really impossible to have fair "races" when people are still seeing different things on different screens. During my race, it was very laggy in the room. On my screen it looked as if only I was racing. I must not have been alone, though, because another player won. No big deal, I am a grown up - no purple pumpkin will not kill me. But my heart ached for a young man who was still in line on my screen and also on his during the entire race. He kept yelling, "No I am still in line!". On my screen, that is where he was also. Poor guy did not even have a chance to race. Clearly, on Harmony's screen, he was out on the racing floor. I just wonder if the hosts know that this is an issue. It may change the way they do their games.

Mintie is awesome, isn't she? She is just a joy in the game and I got a quick chance to see her before getting into a waiting room. (holding tank  :lolg: ) Well, at least Krazy Kim and I were stuck there together for a while. Hugs everyone.  :hug: Oh and King grabbed a screen shot of Harmony's room while he was in there for his race. (He lost also hehe) Looks like we might see blue and pink cauldrons in our future! Woot to that and cheers friends.  :drinkingtoast:

OMG, I know they must be doing this to work the bugs out, but come on already!  Harmony had me walking all over the place to make me stand in line then asked me to stand by the bottom right (on left side of pic) small pumpkins (the fence was up when I played).  She didn't explain the rules, but just said go and I thought we had to walk to the other side of the room (where King is), but I guess not cause the other girl walked to the cauldron right next to her and back again and Harmony said she won.  I was near the window on the other side of the room where King is standing in the pic and she boot me out.  I had so much lag and no rules on what was going on that I thought it was unfair.

I thought this was unfair too because I tried to answer Mintie's question and would of been the first to answer it too, but you couldn't say the word pack.  I told Mintie that you could not say the word and by then everyone else dictionary danced to say it.  She said sorry I didn't know you couldn't say it, but the people dictionary danced got a tombstone and I got nothing.  :wtf?:  I am the one that told her you can't say it and got nothing, but people who dictionary danced, which is suppose to be wrong to do, get a prize?  Ok, am I missing something here?  So I gave up and did the maze.  I did get back in line for the host game, but waited till an hour before closing and gave up waiting.  I thought if I am not in by now I am not going in.  What a nightmare!  No wonder I can't sleep.  LOL!  :yawn:

Sorry, I know they are trying their best, but I am lucky I still have hair left in my head.  I even wrote to the HELP button to see if they were still taking people from the waiting room even though they were close and got no help at all.  >:[  Calgon, take me away!  :bath:  Rotfl!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

P.S. Glad I could help in letting everyone know about the host game.  Cloudy I am glad you got a pumpkin and I hope everyone else faired better then I did.  Hugzzzzz to you all!  :hug:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 01:14 PM »

By some freak chance of luck, and after much confusion, I ended up in Harmony's racing game.  Let me tell you that the confusion continued!  First, people immediately commented they were shocked to be in the game.  They suggested to Harmony that some kind of message be sent out about the queue line.  Most of us didn't know we were in the queue until VFK broadcasted the message.

Then in the room, Harmony asked us to get in a single line by the fireplace.  That was the first chore!  Because of the rope dividers she had up, everyone had a difficult time with the simple task of walking over to the area.  She finally had to remove dividers.

Next, the lag started to affect several of us in full force.  People kept commenting "Please don't let me dc!"  Harmony tried to get the first set of 3 players to the starting line and she found she was frozen herself and she had to leave the game!!  Fortunately, she was still able to talk and told us to wait.  After several long minutes, she returned.  We tried again to get the first 3 in the starting position.  However, one of the players she named was stuck by the fireplace!  He could not move at all which was really strange since he was moving not one minute earlier.  He kept telling her what was going on and she finally said she had to go get some kind of book (I'm assuming she or another VFK techie had to research the problem).  After another long delay, they were able to rescue the player and the race finally started.  BTW, after this long wait, somebody suggested that VFK just give all of us purple pumpkins!

At this point, I was having such bad lag that I considered just leaving, but then I saw others commenting they were experiencing the same.  I had such bad lag that I didn't even see the first race, but the young man who couldn't move until VFK rescued him found he won the race.  One of the other racers commented that she thought she had won, but she was so fed up that she didn't argue.

Harmony then called up the next group and I was surprised when she called out my title.  I was still experiencing intermittent periods of lag, but I was able to try to get in line.  That took a few minutes for all of us because we were not able to navigate well by the start.  Harmony finally told us it didn't matter if we faced forward or sideways as long as we were by our starting pumpkin.  She told us "Go!"  So, I did expecting lag to take over my character at any moment.  Much to my surprise, I was able to "race" to one end of the room and back without any lag.  I did notice the other two players didn't move at all.  I didn't know if they were hit by the lag or what.  All I know is that the lag hit me when I finished and when it cleared, Harmony said I won.  She then said I was given the prize in my inventory and for all of us to quickly exit, "Off you go!"  I felt guilty as I left but what could I say except thank you

Hopefully, VFK discovered the problems plaguing this game and will take steps to fix.  For their credit, I am glad to hear Minty tried to entertain people in the queues while they worked out the technical issues!

Omg, LOL, those other people you raced against sounded like me exactly.  Even the freezing up part.  :madder:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 02:14 PM »

All I know is I don't have the patience to even try one of these host events.  Congrats to all of you brave enough to try and the few that have been lucky enough to win a pumpkin. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

gshawen

• Can't believe I am 21 now.  :angel:
    Neither can the Tag Fairy
    ;)
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 02:55 PM »

VFK clearly has a lag and freeze up issue especially when lots of things are moving rapidly(fairy wings, stuff in merlins shop) and they need to fix it. Just like going into the corn maze, if someone comes in with fairy wings on, get ready for problems to start. Everyone should click the help button and report this stuff so they will fix it.

Doing host games with these issues is crazy, they should just reward the prizes to anyone who gets into the room.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 03:39 PM »

VFK clearly has a lag and freeze up issue especially when lots of things are moving rapidly(fairy wings, stuff in merlins shop) and they need to fix it. Just like going into the corn maze, if someone comes in with fairy wings on, get ready for problems to start. Everyone should click the help button and report this stuff so they will fix it.

Doing host games with these issues is crazy, they should just reward the prizes to anyone who gets into the room.

Amen Brother!  :2thunbs:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 03:42 PM »

DITTO!   :2thunbs:    I think if you're lucky enough to get into the Host room to begin with, then heck ya you deserve a purple pumpkin!  Why won't they listen??  We've been saying this for weeks! 

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 03:53 PM »

DITTO!   :2thunbs:    I think if you're lucky enough to get into the Host room to begin with, then heck ya you deserve a purple pumpkin!  Why won't they listen??  We've been saying this for weeks! 

Agree!

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Disney Dreams

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 05:19 PM »

I just had something very interesting happen that illustrates why the VFK system is not ready for host games (or trading) yet.

BOTH of these characters are my family.  The screen on the right is Jegrezo's.  The screen on the left is my husband's peep, let's call him Leftie.

Leftie had 1 pink cauldron, 1 blue cauldron and 1 didgeridoo in his inventory.  I wanted to transfer those items over to Jegrezo.

I clicked on Leftie's inventory to add 1 blue cauldron, 1 orange cauldron and 1 didgeridoo to the trade window.   Nothing happened on either screen.  In Leftie's inventory (within the trade window), the 3 items were still there.  I clicked each of them again.  Now Leftie's inventory showed TWO of each item (which Leftie does not even have) on his side of the trade window and the inventory window was empty.  On Jegrezo's screen, ONE of each of the items appeared in the trade offer (which was what should have displayed).   

How can we conduct trades with people if we are not both seeing the same thing?  It's the same problem as with the host game and it is a giant issue that needs to be fixed. 

Be careful out there.  Things are not what they look to be.

- Dreams

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 10:47 PM »

I didnt have much luck in the host game either. I had no idea what to do and the host was obviously annoyed. One of the people I was racing against was bigger than everyone else so she walked faster and won. Oh well. 
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up