VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smallworld's is back up!  (Read 6318 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Smallworld's is back up!
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:07 PM »

I tried to log on to Smallworlds just to see what would happen and here is the message before I got into the game:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
The SmallWorlds economy has gone through a major rebalancing for this release. We have done this as a final preparation for our launch in a few weeks time.
The main change has been to revalue Tokens to give us more granularity in our pricing. You will notice that you will have 10 times the tokens you had prior to the upgrade.
We have also adjusted all space and item prices to reflect their true value at launch. These prices were set intentionally low during the beta so we could test every item.
For more information (and some really great news for our beta users) please visit this thread in the forums.

This is the information that the thread refers to:

Changes to the Economy

In preparation for our upcoming launch in a few weeks time, SmallWorlds has undergone some major changes to its economy. During the beta we had intentionally made items cheaper and experience levels easier to achieve, to enable us to fully test the various aspects and features of SmallWorlds. We are now in the final stage of our beta test, and so have rebalanced aspects of the economy to the levels they will be at launch.

The changes include:

Token Revaluation: We have revalued tokens by a factor of 10 to give us more granularity in item pricing item. You may have noticed that any tokens in your account have been multiplied 10-fold.

Item Re-Pricing: Items have been re-priced to reflect their true value in SmallWorlds. Furnishings have increased in value, as have wearable items. High level wearable items are exclusive and difficult to attain, which is now reflected in their pricing. The prices also reflect the 10-to-1 Token revaluation mentioned above.

Gold: At launch, various items and spaces will be purchaseable with Gold. In preparation for this we have turned on the ability to purchase with Gold so we can test this method during this final phase. At launch, you will be able to purchase Gold via a number of methods (including Credit Card and PayPal). One Gold will be the equivalent of 10 Tokens, and some things in SmallWorlds will only be purchaseable with Gold (not Tokens).

VIP Club Membership: At launch, for a small monthly fee, players will be able to join the SmallWorlds VIP Club. Some avatar options and in-world items will be VIP only, as will various features of SmallWorlds. You will notice that some of these options are now flagged as VIP-Only. For now, you can still use these options and enter SmallWorlds. However, at launch, these options will be restricted to VIP Club Members only.

As we get closer to launch we will release more specific information about purchasing Gold and VIP Club Membership.

World Reset… Not!

In our terms of use, we reserved the right to reset the world at launch. However, after much consideration of the impact on our existing players, we will no longer completely reset the world at launch. This will mean that you will all be able to keep your spaces, items and tokens earned during the beta phase! The only thing we currently plan to reset are the player experience levels, as these were way too easy to gain during beta. These will be capped at level 20 at launch.

In addition to the above, we also plan to do the following for our beta users:

* A beta-only item (collectible/rare).

* A “Founding Citizen” tag.

* A special 50% discount on VIP Club Membership.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:09 PM by Antjewel »
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: Smallworld's is back up!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:29 PM »

Thanks for the update Ant. 

I'm having problems sigining in.  It says my email is not confirmed.  When I request a they resend the confirmation email, it doesn't arrive.  Yes I have checked the junk box and I have added @smallworlds.com to my safe list too.

I sent the error to contact us. And to my surprise I just found out I am logged in enough to post the error in the forum.  So I did that too. 

If anyone is in game and sees a Mod or Helper (in Mary's Antiques or Cue Club) would you please let them know about this error. 

Happy Guest is having withdrawals.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:43 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:51 PM »

That's so nice to hear! Is there any mention of how much the membership will be? Happy, I'm so glad you will be able to keep your island!

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 07:39 PM »

I am too!  Now if only I could log in. :sos:

I did not see any mention of the membership cost.

I think they may be keeping me from logging in so I can catch up on VFK....just finished the Epic QUest last night...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:06 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:16 PM »

.. we will no longer completely reset the world at launch. This will mean that you will all be able to keep your spaces, items and tokens earned during the beta phase!

Hmm.. while this is wonderful news for many, I was looking forward to having to "start over".  My place was decorated to my satisfaction a long time ago.  Sure I am glad we will still have our friends and all.. but I will have no reason to bother to try to earn credits, nor get higher in Levels, since it won't change anything, except give me more credits again, that I am already not using, and have been giving away.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38 PM »

The log in issue I am having is related to hotmail accounts. YEs, they did reply to my message sent in to contact us...with a reply related to the question.

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 09:44 PM »

.. we will no longer completely reset the world at launch. This will mean that you will all be able to keep your spaces, items and tokens earned during the beta phase!

Hmm.. while this is wonderful news for many, I was looking forward to having to "start over".  My place was decorated to my satisfaction a long time ago.  Sure I am glad we will still have our friends and all.. but I will have no reason to bother to try to earn credits, nor get higher in Levels, since it won't change anything, except give me more credits again, that I am already not using, and have been giving away.

Although I should...  :-X

:P  I'm not gonna.

I'm not thrilled about this news either Ducky.  I'm not thrilled because SW has gone back and forth so many times on what they were going to do for us all after beta.  Had us run around like chickens with our heads cut off, only now to find out most likely we were running in the wrong direction!

Even though they increased our tokens... sorry it's not enough.  It's not enough, because of the ridiculous prices in the shops now.  Furthermore, if you wanted to purchase anymore property... SOL!  Because most of the new property will need to be purchased with Gold (real money!).  ie: Islands, new rooms, etc.     :td:    :bm:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Disney Dreams

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 01:10 PM »

This decision not to reset really disturbs me.  They said they would be resetting and many of us played accordingly.  Now they are rewarding those who many 100s of peeps during beta.  Sigh.  Why not stick by the rules THEY set in the start?  oh well.....

ETA: Even atm when you go to their homepage it states:
"At the end of the beta test phase we will need to completely reset the world, meaning:
* All accounts will be reset back to a starting state, including account balances etc.
* All avatar spaces (rooms) will be deleted. All room bookmarks will also be deleted.
* All competitions, ladders, avatar experience and other such data will be reset."

False.  And really not cool to be told to people who think they are starting on an even field.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:17 PM by Disney Dreams »
Pages: [1]   Go Up