VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Answers Mission Payouts  (Read 7683 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Answers Mission Payouts
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:50 PM »

This is taken form a post made by a SW Staff member.  It answers some of our mission payout questions:

Mission Rewards
The tokens and XP rewarded for completing a mission, is determined by a calculation that takes the following into account:

The number of plays the mission has had. As a mission gets more plays, the system becomes more “confident” about the average time taken, and pays out more generously. After 100 plays, the system has full confidence in the mission times.

The average time to complete the mission. In general terms, the longer the mission takes to complete, the bigger the payout. The system has an upper limit of 30 minutes per mission (i.e. if the average time to complete the mission is greater than 30 minutes, the reward will be limited as though it only took 30 minutes).

How fast the player completed the mission when compared to the average time. The faster the player is, the better the reward (up to 1.5 times the reward given to an “average” player). Likewise a slow player gets a small penalty, when compared to a player who completes close to the average time.

Note: If you change a mission by adding or removing a task, the system will lose confidence in the average time, meaning the rewards will be calculated as though it was a new mission again.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: Answers Mission Payouts
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:42 PM »

Since the 10/21 changes the max pay I have received from a mission is 405 tokens.  It was a mission I started a few days ago.  I had to wait to find a specific player in game to complete it.  So, should we be completing all of them slowly?   :idea:

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 07:37 PM »

Also in case anyone didn't know this already... since the 10/21 conversion:  You can only complete the same Mission once a week now.  It used to be once, every 24 hours. 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 08:24 PM »

I do not care for the once a week thing.  There were some missions I really did enjoy playing more than once a week---not just for the pay either.  The pay tokens, flip this once switch, mission complete, missions do thing to entertain me when I'm bored. 

BitBehindWench

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:38 AM »

I do not care for the once a week thing.  There were some missions I really did enjoy playing more than once a week---not just for the pay either.  The pay tokens, flip this once switch, mission complete, missions do thing to entertain me when I'm bored. 

I asked the developer Tony Fendall about the "once a week mission thing" in the game. I didn't think to get a screen shot, but He told me that it wasn't his decision to change it. (of course not)
 He then said that the reason they made them once a week is so that players would spread out and play different missions. You and I both know the real reason. They only want us to be able to get tokens from a mission once a week instead of the steady daily flow of tokens we were used to. That way, we are more likely to purchase their "membership" to get tokens daily.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 09:25 AM »

I asked the developer Tony Fendall about the "once a week mission thing" in the game. I didn't think to get a screen shot, but He told me that it wasn't his decision to change it. (of course not)
 He then said that the reason they made them once a week is so that players would spread out and play different missions. You and I both know the real reason. They only want us to be able to get tokens from a mission once a week instead of the steady daily flow of tokens we were used to. That way, we are more likely to purchase their "membership" to get tokens daily.

I did determine that the sub avatars can complete each mission too, so that helps a bit...for now anyway.  Looks like I'll have to set up friends lists on all of them.    It has been very quiet in game.  Maybe they will notice that and make some adjustments.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:35 AM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 04:21 PM »

I did determine that the sub avatars can complete each mission too, so that helps a bit...for now anyway.  Looks like I'll have to set up friends lists on all of them.    It has been very quiet in game.  Maybe they will notice that and make some adjustments.

Ant:   Thanks for posting.  Yep, sounds like another game wanting real money, before coughing up any of the cool things to play with in game.  Boo.   :uhuh2:

Happy:  Very true.  It's like a ghost town in SW these days.  There used to be PAGES of rooms on the most popular list.  Now, I'm lucky to see 5 pages filled, if that.  Wow, I do hope SW takes notice for sure, and make some major adjustments to the game for all of our sakes!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 06:43 PM »

Here is an example of just how quiet things are these days.   Between 12:30PM ESTand 9:30PM EST my missions have been played less than once an hour!  Here are the totals for the 9 hour time period.
Homespace:
Easy Mission 7x
Art 7X
Sport (Multiple Choice) 6X
Island:
Rules  3x
Tour 4x
Observations 0x
World Series 2X

Ghost town! 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:44 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:43 AM »

I've found that many of the most played quests pay a sweet dividend if open 40-45 minutes. 
How sweet often 800-900T. Yup, start up a few, note the time, do a few thinks then complete them.  ;) 

Not sure if this will be changed, but for now it is sweet.

BitBehindWench

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 01:01 PM »

I've found that many of the most played quests pay a sweet dividend if open 40-45 minutes. 
How sweet often 800-900T. Yup, start up a few, note the time, do a few thinks then complete them.  ;) 

I really don't get why you would make more tokens for taking longer to do a mission.  Wouldn't it make sense that you would get rewarded for a faster finishing time?  :??:  That just confuses the heck out of me.
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
FurballWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 03:14 PM »

I really don't get why you would make more tokens for taking longer to do a mission.  Wouldn't it make sense that you would get rewarded for a faster finishing time?  :??:  That just confuses the heck out of me.

I think the premise is that a "longer" mission is more difficult.  I'm sure at some point they will adjust it, or as more people play them "normal", instead of extending the time.   

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up