VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My First Mission - Skip to Post #5  (Read 6688 times)

fantasymooma

My First Mission - Skip to Post #5
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:42 AM »

Well it looks easy but I am stuck on how to make them interact with the Stereo.   My task is for them to "change the song" on the stereo and I tried following the Mission 101 instructions but I'm lost.    I don't understand the whole action and reaction under the interaction.  haha that just sounds complicated.  :laugh2:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:17 PM by fantasymooma »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: Help Needed With Making My First Mission
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 01:09 PM »

I wish it were easier to describe the action-reaction.  There are some threads on the official SW forums.

Essentially in the action you can make a button for example....When a player does the action of clicking a specific button...(Then go to the reaction) and create a reaction like show a message, complete a task, etc. 

I'm learning by trial and error.  Thus far I have only tried to add a button to the stereo with a message.  I'm not sure what security setting you would need to have on the stereo for any player to change a song.  Certain security settings may also give a wise guy the ability to remove songs from your play list.  One way around it to have a 2 part task.  For example, in my art mission players are told to click the bookcase and say art book.  Due to lag issues, it is the saying art book that advances the task.  They don't have to click the bookcase.   ;)

Hope this helps a little.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:12 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 02:01 PM »

That actually helps me understand it a little better.   But I still have a question,  when you make a button and it says Trigger Event. what do you put over there as a "code"??   Also what is an Inc. Counter??

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 02:10 PM »

That actually helps me understand it a little better.   But I still have a question,  when you make a button and it says Trigger Event. what do you put over there as a "code"??   Also what is an Inc. Counter??

I usually leave it blank and go right over to the reaction tab.  Maybe the inc counter has do with picking up multiple items...maybe?  Really I don't know. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 02:12 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:07 PM »

I usually leave it blank and go right over to the reaction tab.  Maybe the inc counter has do with picking up multiple items...maybe?  Really I don't know. 

Thanks for all your help Happy.  I appreciate it.  :hug:
Time to go check it out and do some trail and error.  Hope I don't short out my stereo doing all this.  :lolg:

I finally got it!! Woot!  I had it under "Using or consuming an Item" not "Interacting with an Item".   :doh:   :laugh2:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:21 PM by fantasymooma »

fantasymooma

Re: My First Mission - Skip to Post #5
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21 PM »

Well it took me awhile to figure this mission thing out, but I have finally finished it!  Woot!

I was wondering if some of you can test it out for me, since this is my first one.  I have it on Members only and all those that I have on my friends list I put as members.   If you would like to try it out and I don't have you as a member please let me know.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:03 PM »

Ah! No wonder the CabanaGirl AtHappys could not get in earlier.  I'm off to give it a try now.

I'm clicking the sign above the fireplace and am not getting a start mission box or accept/decline box. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:05 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 07:27 AM »

Ah! No wonder the CabanaGirl AtHappys could not get in earlier.  I'm off to give it a try now.

I'm clicking the sign above the fireplace and am not getting a start mission box or accept/decline box. 

Hmm... It works when I do it.  :??: :hmmmm:  Let me go check it out.
Thanks.

Found out what was wrong.  The security was on Owner not Anyone.  So I made sure everything else is on Anyone.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:40 AM by fantasymooma »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 01:15 PM »

Hmm... It works when I do it.  :??: :hmmmm:  Let me go check it out.
Thanks.

Found out what was wrong.  The security was on Owner not Anyone.  So I made sure everything else is on Anyone.

Check pms here or in SW

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up