VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling an Item  (Read 5016 times)

fantasymooma

Selling an Item
« on: September 29, 2008, 04:46 PM »

How does it work??   Is it like the Gaia Marketplace??   Where can I find Items that other players are selling??

I know it's a stupid question, but I never knew that this was available.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Selling an Item
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 06:45 PM »

Fantasy, I am not familiar with Gaia, but selling is not like trading in the other games.

If you choose to sell an item, you click on the item and choose (right side of page), to either gift it to someone, or sell it back.

If you do sell it back, you get 50% of it's original value.

The only way a "trade" could happen, is if you knew someone was looking to get rid of something (I have never heard anyone say that myself), and you would have them choose to gift it to you, while you would "gift" them either credits or whatever they wanted.  Totally open to scamming if you do your part first..

(It's not a stupid question, if you don't know the answer!) :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 06:48 PM »

As far as I have been able to tell this breaks down in to 2 additional areas.  Spaces (rooms) and inventory items.

I do not have experience with the selling spaces.  There are SW adn player spaces for sale under "Places" "For Sale"  It is my understanding that any property purchsed there comes completely unfurnished.  (Yes, regardless of the photo)

I do sell items in the original room. When Sio Smallworlds had her pirate related mission she had drinks on a bar.  I had also seen this in a few players' room.  One day I was decorating and decided I'd put a few food items that I had in my room "on sale".  They sold.  Now I sell food and some magic tricks.

To sell an item that is in your room.
Click the item
Click Sell Item
A box "Sell for:" displays the in store price filled in.  The owner selects their price from 1 credit on up. 
Select a price, and click "Sell"
An "Item For Sale Message"  appears in the top center of the screen.

I generally charge an extra 2-3 credits on food/magic items.  If I am in the game when an items sells, I receive a "ding sound" and a pop up in the top center of my screen.  Either way the tokens earned show in "My Account".

(There is also a stop selling button.)

It's funny, even when I whisper hte items are cheaper in _____Store, some still buy.

I have not seen any "commision" like on Gaia.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:53 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:19 PM »

So there is no "place" to see all the Items other people have for sale??  You have to go to their rooms??  That's wierd.

But thanks all the info helps out alot.  I think I'm just going to go with the refund of 50%.  LoL   I don't think many people go thru my room anyways, with me not having a mission yet.  Still trying to get my player past the 40 mark for all that I need to "get the bonus" when they restart the game.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:14 PM »

So there is no "place" to see all the Items other people have for sale??  You have to go to their rooms??  That's wierd.

But thanks all the info helps out alot.  I think I'm just going to go with the refund of 50%.  LoL   I don't think many people go thru my room anyways, with me not having a mission yet.  Still trying to get my player past the 40 mark for all that I need to "get the bonus" when they restart the game.

There may be another way, I'm just not aware of it.  What are you selling?  Maybe you can post it here.   We can gift players tokens, so it could be done like and old kiosk trade with a friend.  (Get your tokens first... )

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up