VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hints to help get at least one path up to Level 40 quickly  (Read 5343 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Hints to help get at least one path up to Level 40 quickly
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:08 AM »

Hi!  I hope this might help some members, who maybe feel they can't achieve a level 40 in time, before the changeover from Beta happens.  IT IS DOABLE!  One path, does not even require any missions to be played to get there!

(I myself have at the moment, two paths at Level 42, and the other two paths at level 37, without having spent too much time on SW.)

- Choose just one path to work on, and learn it's symbol.  The four paths available are Social (symbol: star), Artist (symbol: artist's palette), Explorer (idk what to call the symbol) and Gamer (symbol: trophy).  Yes, there are many missions out there, and you can do any of them, but if you first plan to stick with just one path, you will quickly get it to Level 40, and then can go do other paths if you care too.

• If you would rather not do missions (quests), then I suggest choosing the Gamer path.  You can easily, but with time involved, level up by playing any games you care too.  I am bad at pool,  but if I go and just practice (can be done solo!!), not even play a game, I get over 100 XP just for being there.  Try any of the arcade games.. you don't have to win, again it is a matter of the time you put into it, that gains you more XP towards leveling up.  Happy discovered that you can just start a game, say practicing pool, and even disappear to do other things.. just returning every couple of minutes or so to take a shot, and you gain a lot of XP.  (Only warning is to be sure to keep showing up to take a shot.. as you can get timed out of SW.)  I have been timed out, and when you sign back in, you will see you WERE given XP from your play.. but just consider, you are starting over again, so the XP will start over again too.  *It is longevity in the games that gets the highest rewards.

• If you have chosen either Explorer or Artist, you can earn XP by doing simple things around SW.  Signing others guest books, even if you dont know the person, will gain you XP in Explorer.  Painting a grafitti board will gain you XP in Artist.  Like in Gamer, the key is longevity.  You won't gain XP for the first guest book you sign,  you will have to do several.  Spend time on that grafitti board, maybe even clear it and start again.. longevity.

But the guest books and grafitti boards will not help you as much as doing missions.

• If you have chosen Social, I have yet to find anything (doesn't mean I didn't miss somethng) just around SW to do to gain XP.  You almost exclusively must do missions.

- Okay, so you are ready for some missions?  The biggest, easiest hint of all for them, is to select the Missions tab at the bottom of your screen (it's a hat), and then choose from the left side of the window that opens.. "Most Played".

• Now remember the symbol for the path you want to work on getting to Level 40 first.  Choose the missions on that first page that have your path's symbol to play.  The 'most played' does mean these are the ones that will gain you the most XP when you complete them.  (Every mission starts at the bottom of rewards. One XP and One credit.  But the more often it is played, the higher the XP and credits you receive.)  Sure you can go to other pages in that "Most Played" window to play other missions in your chosen path.  They will help both you and others, as you're playing it will raise the number of plays and gain more XP.

- You CAN replay any missions you have done, but you must wait 24 hours to do so.  Don't remember when you played a mission?  No problem, try to play it again. If it hasn't been 24 hours yet, you just get a message saying so, and it won't let you click "accept" to play.

- DO replay those missions that are on the first page or two of "Most Played", as even though you had to wait a day, they will have enough XP to boost your level each time.

- Try to not worry about how few credits you are getting from any of these things.  You won't be keeping whatever you buy anyway, when the changeover comes ;)   The goal is to get at least one path up to Level 40 so you will receive credits and the other 'bennies' of having been a Beta member who got a path to 40.

Little oddball info: 

If a mission calls for you needing to perform magic on someone and noone else is there.. do the magic on yourself!  It does count.

If a mission requires more people and they are not there.. try your friends list.. if that doesn't help, just leave the mission there.. and move on.  The mission will remain in your active missions list, and precisely at that task.  So when you do find some others to come help, even if on another day, it will AUTOMATICALLY trip the task.. you don't even have to go looking for the task or anything!  Very cool!

A few missions charge you to play, and some ask you to buy something (generally magic).. if you are really against that, then just quit.  But in most cases, the "fee" to play (which does go to the creator of the mission) is 5 or less credits, and the most expensive item I have seen that I have had to buy was 15 credits.  Again, in the overall picture, you are going to lose all but 2000 credits when the changeover comes (since they will provide us with that 2000), so in my mind, it is no big deal.

Hope this helps!  Sorry it became a book! :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
Re: Hints to help get at least one path up to Level 40 quickly
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:25 AM »

I believe it is the Explorer Path that gets a boost when searching for songs for the Seeqpod stereo.   :angel:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:21 AM »

Thank you PD!  That is a awesome guide! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Go Angels! :angel:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:54 AM »

Trying for the Gamer Path?
If you like puzzle style games try Around the World in 80 Days.  It has 18 levels and goes back to level 1 after you complete the 18th level.  If I can get through the entire game, it can't be that bad.  ;)

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:03 AM »

VERY AWESOME GUIDE, Ducky!!  Thank-you!!   :bow2:    :2thunbs:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:38 PM »

Duckie, What can I say, you are the best!! Thanks for all the information, Big Hugs  :hug:  :clapping:
Pages: [1]   Go Up