VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention All Game Players  (Read 9456 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Attention All Game Players
« on: September 14, 2008, 01:57 AM »

:hisign:  Wasn't sure where to put this, but I have a question for all of you out there in cyberspace.  Someone invited me to play Small World, but I keep putting off signing up because it says once it opens u lose all the stuff you worked so hard to make.  Plus I was at the Geek Squad the other day and he said I should try Warcraft, so what I was wondering is what people play on here besides VFK and if I should sign up too.  Please tell me what each game is about and the objective of it too please.  I'm just curious since VMK ended and I see Magic players are all scattered about now.  :(

Thanks for the help and now since its after 5 AM I need to get to bed.  Haven't been sleeping well and, as Duck pointed out in her post earlier, I need to relax some.  :hypno:  LOL!  I am addicted to VFK now that there is no more VMK.  LOL!  :drshot:

Thanks all!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
Re: Attention All Game Players
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 06:18 AM »

Smallworld seems to be a "social" game and "level-up social status" game. You complete missions(quests) to earn credits and to "up your social status". (However, I believe you will be able to, if not already, pay real cash to get credits.)  With your credits you can get some neat items to decorate your room.

Smallworlds  is still in Beta, so be warned. Items you earn in quest or you buy with your vitual cash will be reset when the game goes live. They have a hot tub, pool table, mini golf, arcades, and a radio that streams real music you select, tv with videos you add what you want.  Some are fun when friends are on.  I will say I have lag a lot, and load slowly when going to other rooms (so I miss the person I was going to see if they left the room...sigh)  :'(

Warning though the site has open chat. And is not meant for young kids, in my opinion.  I have seen conversations, and had comments  :blush: made to my person that were crude and not dictionary danced.  Some stranger left a message in the guestbook of a friend that shocked even the staff at smallworld. Thankfully, they have JUST added the option for owners to delete a message from their guestbook..(I believe x-rated messages left in books were a big reason that this option was finally added from what a staff person told me.)

I don't mind the joke/flirting we did or do in VMK/VFK/where ever else; but some of it is/was really bad at smallworld, mostly in public areas.    I was talking with staff helpers a few times and they said they are trying to "clean up" some of this behavior; but it would take time and they have to warn and "watch" the person for a bit first.

There are pros and cons to smallworld as with any game; don't think I'll work so hard to get items at smallworld though, even after the reset when it goes live.  I'll do missions/quests for fun only; not to obtain stuff; and will use the game for visiting with friends when I can.  A friend last night in VFK said  "after Magic closing on us, I use VFK to do quests when I can for fun, but want to mainly visit with my friends that are here"  So that is also my feelings on Smallworld.

Warcraft, I have never played.  So far, VFK is closest to VMK from the ones I've checked out.

When VMK closed it changed the way we all look at any of these games now. Always in my thoughts for these games are "here today, could be gone tomorrow, with or without warning."  So, here's hoping we all find something we enjoy playing (at least while it's there...)  :drinkingtoast:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:26 PM »

Thanks for the info Fly.  Since VMK broke up its hard to see where everyone went to especially since we couldn't say the names of other websites.  It makes it hard to track down friends.  :cry:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

SweetasaDaisy

• Deet as a Swaisy
    It's the law, or it will be
  • Diabolical Trivia Diva
  • Inferno Magic
  • Just a Crazy Daisy
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 09:32 PM »

Well if it is any consolation, I had the unpleasant experience of watching someone play Warcraft while trying to explain it to me. 

Me: So, what are you doing now?
Them: I'm using my Field of Illusion to stack with my Eye of the Rabbit so that I can attack the level 54 elf mage who has the Sword of 88 Truths.  Oh no, he cast Fireball, I'll have to use my Ultra Shield of Justice to protect myself.  Haha, I hit him with a Stone of Stoneitude (? is that even a word ?), Total PWNAGE!!
Me: .... um.... which guy are you again?

It seemed very complex and too much information for me to gather.  I heard it is a great game if you are into that sort of thing.  I'll stick with VFK.

Check Out Daisy's Daily Disney Diabolical Trivia: http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?board=64.0

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
(Do you actually say I'm a wench?)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 09:44 PM »

This board within the NoBS forum may answer some of your World of Warcraft questions. 
http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?board=39.0

The thread there seems to have a lot of content.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 08:58 AM »

Well if it is any consolation, I had the unpleasant experience of watching someone play Warcraft while trying to explain it to me. 

Them: I'm using my Field of Illusion to stack with my Eye of the Rabbit so that I can attack the level 54 elf mage who has the Sword of 88 Truths.  Oh no, he cast Fireball, I'll have to use my Ultra Shield of Justice to protect myself.  Haha, I hit him with a Stone of Stoneitude (? is that even a word ?), Total PWNAGE!!

It seemed very complex and too much information for me to gather.  I heard it is a great game if you are into that sort of thing.  I'll stick with VFK.
OMG this made me laugh!!  :lolg:
This is me in MOST online games!! 

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 12:16 PM »

OMG this made me laugh!!  :lolg:
This is me in MOST online games!! 

I'm with you on that, lab_girl. :lolg:

That's why I haven't started in a new game yet, sorta just holding back and waiting until the right one comes along that fits into my simple tastes. :notme:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 10:09 AM »

I don't have much time left for playing online games but when I can, I am playing a game called Florensia. It is in the same kind of games as WoW except that it is a f2p mmorpg. I like the fact that you can either level in sea or on land and also the graphics. Lately, I was also playing a game called Wonderland Online, the game was well done but had a big problem imo, it was the levelling up part.

Florensia Online : http://en.florensia-online.com/ (the best server is the european one)

Wonderland Online : http://wl.igg.com

Disney Dreams

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:42 PM »

Hey Krazy!

I LOVE SmallWorlds.  They were sort of stuck at a stand still for a while and I think it hurt their appeal as many VMKers who found it wanted something "NOW" (case and point: VFK).  That said, there is a forums button you can click on once you have access to SWs and you can find a thread where VMKers posted, "I'm here!"  You will see MANY MANY familiar titles. 

As for the reset after beta...
I, along with many friends, decided to just lay a little bit to set up a basic room and be able to have some fun, but not go all out due to the looming reset.  However, other players muled the heck out of that place and created incredible rooms to enjoy.

Enter, the twist.  SWs recently posted that they are NOT going to do a "complete" reset.  They are going to reset everyone except the Top 100.   :bm:  They say that their reasoning for this is so as to not launch a world with no content in it.   This seems extremely unfair for reasons mentioned above and many (myself included) have posted about it on the forums.  They also have set a qualifier of what a player must accomplish in beta to receive beta gifts at launch.  (i.e. Not everyone who played during beta will get beta recognition.)  It seems the jury is still out on what exactly they will decide to do.  (SWs' staff does seem to listen to feedback from its players.  :clap1:)

World of Warcraft: Being married to a longtime WoW'er I can tell you that I think of the game as the devil, but DH LOVES it.  It is VERY addictive.

Hope the SW info helps a bit.  Can't wait for that world to open up!  LOVE it!

- Dreams

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 04:12 PM »

Hi,
I do not understand what this means Dreams:       

SWs recently posted that they are NOT going to do a "complete" reset.  They are going to reset everyone except the Top 100.

The top 100 of what?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:02 PM »

Hi,

SWs recently posted that they are NOT going to do a "complete" reset.  They are going to reset everyone except the Top 100.

The top 100 of what?

Hi Panda -

Since I'm online at the moment, I just thought I could shed some light on this question.  This is a quote from the SW Forums ~ Darren Green.  This should help answer your question some.

Quote:

The top 100 spaces (rooms) will be those that other players like the most - which we will be able to judge based on how people have rated the spaces, and how many people have visited them.

The reason we are doing this is to keep the best spaces around so that when we launch, the world isn't completely empty. It also gives players a goal to aim for over the next 4-6 weeks - to get into the top 100.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13 PM »

Hi,

The top 100 of what?

Hiya Panda!

Check out this thread http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=2902.0 to see what SW staff has posted so far.  Along with the first post, there are two other posts (mentioned in the title) that are further updates from staff.

Basically, SW wants "truly new" players (after Beta) to have something to look at, for examples of what you can do with their stuff.  So they have decided that rather than totally reset all current Beta players to the same "early" level,  of "not much".. they want to retain the rooms/items created by the top most popular rooms.

My own opinion, is I really don't care if they do that.  Sure it's not "truly" fair to their initial word of a total reset.  But I so enjoy the game, the missions and friends.. I would enjoy having to do the missions again, and maybe changing things around after Beta.

But indeed, many are upset, as happens in ANY game, even back in VMK, when they feel they are being slighted.  Nothing wrong with that.. I just am looking at it a different way.  I look forward to starting over, although I too would have liked to see a bit more recognition for those of us that helped test in Beta.  (You personally, might remember one of those times, in my room one night playing chinese checkers?? Hmm?   :rofl1:  When we found a new bug so some players could not see their um.. "pieces"? )  But that is what Beta was for ;)

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 10:01 PM »

Thanks for the link Purple and the info Astrogigiblue.  Duck.he yes I do remember people losing their "marbles" !!    :rofl1:

Now I need to know how to make a quest or even do a friends quest. I am so pitiful.  :sos:

I am very disappointed at these decisions. I do not think the top 100 should get to keep their things as these are not usually obtained or determined fairly. What was the purpose of being beta if you have to work more to earn the title.  As to having to rush and get to level 40 in something; I don't think I have the heart to put into it.

I admit that I loved SW at first and still do enjoy it from time to time; albeit usually alone...sigh...   I seldom see anyone on when I go there.

Oh well, so much for my glum attitude.  Sorry for that and Big hugs to all my dear friends  :hug:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:27 PM by Panda Pandora »

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 08:49 AM »

Hugs Panda!! *Miss you!!*  :hug: :hug:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 08:53 AM »

:yes!:  I got to see Panda on SW last night, and we worked on a mission together!

Disney Dreams

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 09:31 AM »

Thanks for the link Purple and the info Astrogigiblue.  Duck.he yes I do remember people losing their "marbles" !!    :rofl1:

Now I need to know how to make a quest or even do a friends quest. I am so pitiful.  :sos:

I am very disappointed at these decisions. I do not think the top 100 should get to keep their things as these are not usually obtained or determined fairly. What was the purpose of being beta if you have to work more to earn the title.  As to having to rush and get to level 40 in something; I don't think I have the heart to put into it.

I admit that I loved SW at first and still do enjoy it from time to time; albeit usually alone...sigh...   I seldom see anyone on when I go there.

Oh well, so much for my glum attitude.  Sorry for that and Big hugs to all my dear friends  :hug:

Hey Panda!

You will be amazed how fast you can rise through levels by playing arcade games... late at night when you can't sleep. ;)  You can do it!

:hug:,
Dreams

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 10:24 AM »

Hi Days, Purple Ducky and Dreams, I miss all of you too.  I never know when you will be on and I am sure you feel the same way about me.
Did they take away Popaloon!!!!! is that true I cannot find it?  :mad:
Yes, Purple told me I could draw all I want or just about anything else.  I am at Explore 26 and Art 23. I have quite a ways to go; but I will try.   :hug:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up