VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get into Therma Spa  (Read 6478 times)

fantasymooma

Can't get into Therma Spa
« on: September 13, 2008, 12:24 PM »

Here's my problem:
Everytime I try to get into the Therma Spa it takes forever to load.  And once it loads to where I can see people in the room, I can't move or talk.

I can get into my room, friends rooms, and shops just fine. But when it comes to the Spa I just can't get in.   I deleted temp files and everything, but still takes forever to load.  I'm not sure if this is happening to others, but I know Happy isn't having this probelm.

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.  I'm trying to catch up with everything in this game also.
Thanks.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: Can't get into Therma Spa
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 02:11 PM »

Hugs Fantasy! 
We will get you past the checkers mission sooner or later. 
Sorry you are having loading issues.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:09 AM »

Fantasy, this happens to me as well.  My issues happen in the Spa, the Island and Spacies (so far).  Sometimes I'm invisible like you pointed out.  I know I'm there, as I can talk and move (even point my mouse at a chair and probably sit - as I have that option), but my avatar is invisible to me.  These rooms take FOREVER to load.  Trying to play an arcade game is impossible. 

I tried SW for the first time yesterday, and the lag was terrible.  I had no problems whatsoever until they rolled out this new update.   :td:  Although the items and changes are cool ~ extremely too laggy for me and my computer.

One thing I can point out is this ... I logged on well after 2am my time.  The game ran much better than at peak times for me.  I'm thinking part of the issue is the amount of people logged into the game.  Just my 2 cents, but I noticed a huge difference.

Unfortunately, I can't possibly play every day after 2am just to escape the lag monster!   :cry:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:13 AM »

Well, the lag is just SW's way of giving us some of what we lost, when VMK closed.

Aren't they just so sweet to think of us, providing us with VMK lag for updates!!  :rofl1:

Personally, I am having a blast, even with the lag.  My lowest XP was 14, in gaming (stupid Ape game).  While I have not passed the Space Invaders mission yet.. I have, in these two days since the update.. leveled up to XP 24 in gaming!!  I think I shall have no issue getting that gaming path up to 40 by October.

It was very easy to up XP in the other paths too, again without having even done their ghost story mission yet.  Seems almost anything you do, gains you some XP.

Sure the level up credits aren't great.. I've had between 5 - 15 credits.. but since we will lose anything we have when they leave Beta.. I don't care right now about credits.  Just leveling up.

I also have had a blast with a room called Transylvania.  It is a mission by Darren Green, our "info staff" in the forum.  It did not ever pay out credits or XP.. but it was so very much fun, I didn't care.  Hint: I found out the hard way :lolg: , start off by finding a scroll on the ground and pick it up.  Don't start by picking up rubies or the key, if you see them.  Was so much fun to go through so many island, rooms and teleporters, and he had so very many clues if you bothered to click on newer items..
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:23 AM »

Well, the lag is just SW's way of giving us some of what we lost, when VMK closed.

Aren't they just so sweet to think of us, providing us with VMK lag for updates!!  :rofl1:

Personally, I am having a blast, even with the lag.  My lowest XP was 14, in gaming (stupid Ape game).  While I have not passed the Space Invaders mission yet.. I have, in these two days since the update.. leveled up to XP 24 in gaming!!  I think I shall have no issue getting that gaming path up to 40 by October.

It was very easy to up XP in the other paths too, again without having even done their ghost story mission yet.  Seems almost anything you do, gains you some XP.

Sure the level up credits aren't great.. I've had between 5 - 15 credits.. but since we will lose anything we have when they leave Beta.. I don't care right now about credits.  Just leveling up.

I also have had a blast with a room called Transylvania.  It is a mission by Darren Green, our "info staff" in the forum.  It did not ever pay out credits or XP.. but it was so very much fun, I didn't care.  Hint: I found out the hard way :lolg: , start off by finding a scroll on the ground and pick it up.  Don't start by picking up rubies or the key, if you see them.  Was so much fun to go through so many island, rooms and teleporters, and he had so very many clues if you bothered to click on newer items..

I would probably be able to tolerate the lag more if the it wasn't so unbearable.  Literally, I could be walk away from my computer, and 20 minutes later still be frozen or stuck in the same spot.  Yes, that bad.  I can't see myself being able to do many things any time soon, or fast for that matter.

The only thing I can think of doing is maybe trying Asteroids on my game cabinet in my room, but not sure I can even get it to load.

- sigh -

The only thing I was able to accomplish last night was the Darren Green mission in Transylvania.  It was a lot of fun and  :thumb:  to Darren for creating a fun mission for sure!  I want to say that I did level up and got a few tokens too (like 15 maybe?).  I'm almost positive that I did.   

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 11:30 AM »

I would probably be able to tolerate the lag more if the it wasn't so unbearable.  Literally, I could be walk away from my computer, and 20 minutes later still be frozen or stuck in the same spot.  Yes, that bad.  I can't see myself being able to do many things any time soon, or fast for that matter.

The only thing I can think of doing is maybe trying Asteroids on my game cabinet in my room, but not sure I can even get it to load.

- sigh -

The only thing I was able to accomplish last night was the Darren Green mission in Transylvania.  It was a lot of fun and  :thumb:  to Darren for creating a fun mission for sure!  I want to say that I did level up and got a few tokens too (like 15 maybe?).  I'm almost positive that I did.   

Alright!  So you got his Transylvania to actually give you tasks and got some rewards?  Excellent! :thumb:

I could only ever trigger 4 of the 5 rubies, but found the key anyway, so got to thoroughly enjoy the trip through all he set up.  But it was fun enough I don't mind not getting rewarded.  (Although I would love to compare with you where you found the 5 rubies.) ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 11:39 AM »

- sigh -

Alright!  So you got his Transylvania to actually give you tasks and got some rewards?  Excellent! :thumb:

I could only ever trigger 4 of the 5 rubies, but found the key anyway, so got to thoroughly enjoy the trip through all he set up.  But it was fun enough I don't mind not getting rewarded.  (Although I would love to compare with you where you found the 5 rubies.) ;)

Thanks  :)  At least I could get one mission done.   :lolg:
Hmmmm, maybe that's why no payout or level up for you?   If you were missing a gem?  I did find the key too.  The rubies if my memory serves me correctly ... one on the beach, one by the teleporter (the storm cellar looking thing) that leads us to offer the ring (but on the other side of the wall), one by the trees by the swamp area (kind of by one of the gates you have to open), and the last two were in the grassy areas.  I don't know if that helps?  But, I could never get over the rocks on to the upper grassy areas.  Only one level of grassy area for me.

Also, I was under the impression that you could do this quest again and again ~ but only once every 24 hours.  Not sure if you get tokens of level up anymore after the first time it's completed though.   :hmmmm:   This is one that I will try to do again, cause it was that fun.  My favorite part was the switches in the tomb, where you had to put it to fire to open the gate.   :dance3:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 11:50 AM »

Oh almost forgot too ... It's worth it to do Alice Blue's "Testing Mission" too.  It just gets you acquainted with doing user-created missions, and where some of the new options are.  It's a fun little short mission to do too.  I'm not sure if I leveled up at all, but I think payout was 5 tokens.  I'm not seeing where it would show what you got once the mission was completed.  I tried looking last night and for some reason under "Completed Missions", you can't go to page 2.  I'm assuming maybe that is where that information might be?

fantasymooma

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 12:20 PM »

Well it's kind of a relief to know I am not the only one with this terrible downloading problem.  I just uninstalled my flash and shockwave thinking it was something to do with that, or I just didn't have the updated version since my little problem with VMK the very last 2 weeks.  So I will be getting into SW soon to see if that was something to do with it.  :crossed fingers:

Update:  I'm able to get into the Thermae Spa!  Woot!  The first time it didn't take that long to load, but I couldn't see my self and everytime I wanted to sit it said that it was not in reach.  But then I tried again and I was in, I saw myself and I could sit. :)   I don't know if it's just because there aren't alot of people on now or if it was because I uninstalled and reinstalled my flash and shockwave.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:36 PM by fantasymooma »
Pages: [1]   Go Up