VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Storm Troopers invade VFK!  (Read 13317 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Storm Troopers invade VFK!
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:02 PM »

I couldn't get a pic of them, but some people titled Space Pirates1, 2, ... came into the room my friend and I were in and ran around with guns.  They looked like Storm Troopers!  LOL!

Does this mean the game is coming?

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:48 PM by Krazy_Kim »
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
Re: Storm Troopers invade VFK!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46 PM »

http://www.vfkfanforums.com/general-vfk-in-game-talk-f2/space-pirates-t5742-30.htm#106912

Scroll down to Cyre and you will see the pic of them!  :wavet:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim  :crazy2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:10 PM »

Okay, that is just creepy!

What in the world do you suppose we do with those??  That looks like no Pirate game to me?

Thanks for the update Krazy!   :hug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:17 PM »

Well .. I hope we can quote other forums here.  So very sorry if we can't  :shy:  ...  but this looked like good information for us all to know, provided it holds up.  So far this is all that has been said.

This was quoted from Mousetyme at VFKFF Subject: Re: Space Pirates!!!!!!!!   Today at 12:23 am:

The game will be like lazer tag. The space men are part 1. The men will be able to run, and drop & roll.

The space ships will be part 2.

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 12:25 AM »

Well .. I hope we can quote other forums here.  So very sorry if we can't  :shy:  ...  but this looked like good information for us all to know, provided it holds up.  So far this is all that has been said.

This was quoted from Mousetyme at VFKFF Subject: Re: Space Pirates!!!!!!!!   Today at 12:23 am:

The game will be like lazer tag. The space men are part 1. The men will be able to run, and drop & roll.

(LOL!  I really should have put this into a quick code, I am doing it so often with you gf!)  Silly Astro!  No problem with bringing stuff from other places or forums (as long as it is not to start an argument).  This is fine!

Who better to tell us info, than one of the "favored few" - Mousetyme!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Disney Dreams

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:36 AM »

Not sure I care for the guns.  And - boo hoo - it doesn't look very piratey to me.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:31 AM »

Not sure I care for the guns.  And - boo hoo - it doesn't look very piratey to me.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Alot of people are bringing up this debate about the guns, but it is true that the VMK pirates had cannons that we shot at other people so its hard to say what I feel, I guess, untill I see what it looks like, or should I say WHEN I get to see what it looks like, I will get a better idea of how they are being used.  LOL!

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 07:15 AM »

Hi,

Well I will be the unpopular one here and say I am appalled at these"characters" freely roaming around with guns. Yes pirates had cannons and you shot at SHIPS and we did not see anyone walking around the kingdom with guns. One picture I saw it looked like the gun was pointed at someones head. Yes I know it was the way they were standing but still... I really thought this game was going to strive for family oriented. I have no problem with the avatars they could have come in the rooms minus the guns and still got their message across.

Bug

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 07:48 AM »

Perhaps they are the chosen few to roam the entire vfk to promote what's coming...maybe we as players won't be able to...time will tell.

And yep, I much more prefer the old Arrr  :pdance2: :psail: pirate and ships type from vmk....but VFK never said it would be that type of pirate. I only heard SPACE pirates for VFK, so more like Star Wars I'm guessing with laser guns  :ls:  If it's shooting like that I'll probably not be there too much, as I don't usually like that type of game for myself.  But, I'll try it out when it's ready, maybe it won't be so bad.

- maybe I'll try to feed the birds for more points -  :lolg:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 07:56 AM »

(LOL!  I really should have put this into a quick code, I am doing it so often with you gf!)  Silly Astro!  No problem with bringing stuff from other places or forums (as long as it is not to start an argument).  This is fine!

Who better to tell us info, than one of the "favored few" - Mousetyme!

:amazed: the "favored few" in this game too    :notme:
Sorry, I'm just being bad today  >:D - ok move along, nothing to see here...

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 09:23 AM »

Hi,

Well I will be the unpopular one here and say I am appalled at these"characters" freely roaming around with guns. Yes pirates had cannons and you shot at SHIPS and we did not see anyone walking around the kingdom with guns. One picture I saw it looked like the gun was pointed at someones head. Yes I know it was the way they were standing but still... I really thought this game was going to strive for family oriented. I have no problem with the avatars they could have come in the rooms minus the guns and still got their message across.

Bug

You are NOT alone with that sentiment!  Yeah sure as kids we played cowboys and indians and had our guns and arrows.. but that never led us to actually take up guns as adults!  Yet now a days there is so very much sad news of kids using guns.  Columbine comes to mind the quickest.  This is a very sad day in VFK to even show guns in a way that can be seen as a weapon against others.  (As you said Bug, pointed at someone.) :td:

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 11:53 AM »

I am not for gun control, but I don't like seeing guns in a game with such young players. I think kids shooting and killing each other in video games desensitizes them to it. Playing cowboys and indians was more pretend. Video games with shooting encourages and rewards killing behavior.

Yeah, VMK had pirates, but you were shooting the ship, an inanimate object, not people, and you didn't see the actual weapon. I really found this more acceptable.

I saw the pics on one of the VFK forums of the staff with the guns pointed towards players. And one looked like they had it right at one kid's head.

Counting down the days....

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 11:57 AM »

Maybe the storm troopers are wandering around VFK trying to corral some horses. Well, nothing else has seemed to work. :notme:

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Disney Dreams

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 12:03 PM »

Hi,

Bug

Agreed.

Maybe the storm troopers are wandering around VFK trying to corral some horses. Well, nothing else has seemed to work. :notme:

:roflmao: Now THAT was funny!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 12:15 PM »

Well I will be the unpopular one here     Bug

I just wanted to mention that Bug, no one here would think you were bad for your opinion.  Its great hearing what you have to say (or what anyone has to say) even if everyone here doesn't agree with it.  If people nowadays could agree to disagree I think there would be less wars.  :sb:  Anyway you know we love ya!  Hugzzzzz!  :hug:

Rotfl Happy!  As long as they don't put the horses out to pasture.  I would scream if I saw that!  :ahh:  :uhuh3:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 01:36 PM »

Well, I'm not sure it these avatars are just walking around to promote the game or if the game will involve random players in these costumes always wandering VFK.  I'm really not sure how much I would enjoy VFK if at any point in time a "storm trooper" could just barge in to say...a nice relaxing fairy flower field.

I'm all for having a space type costume in VFK. I will admit this is not the look or atmosphere I was expecting.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:38 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 01:41 PM »

Yes me too I do not like having a game of shooting at people. I had no problem with the guns in the merchantile store because that is how they were sold back then. And as settlers you sure needed a gun back then. But not now or even in the future.

The only thing I think I could understand would be paint ball. As for lazers not a good idea. Lasers can cause harm if shone in the wrong way. Most kids do nto know this either.

I guess it is hard now a days. As children we never had to be afraid of outside violence the worst we  dealt with at least where I came from was bullies. Todays sad state of the world a world so far away from the childhood most of us had. As a kid I would have loved to be a storm trouper going after Luke Skywalker :). We never read or heard about mass shootings. So it would just be innocent to us. But not now a days there is way to much violence.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up