VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pink Couches No More!!!  (Read 4965 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Pink Couches No More!!!
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:11 PM »

Well, now we know VFK has been very busy behind the scenes! Our furniture is now all labeled correctly and there are options to move your furniture in Free Mode or Grid Mode.  :clap1:

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
Re: Pink Couches No More!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 08:48 PM »

They do seem to be adding and improving quite a bit lately! :thumb:
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 09:32 PM »

Does anyone know what the difference between Grid Move and Free Move is??   :??:   I haven't been in game to try it yet, so I was just curious.  Thanks :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 07:57 AM »

Does anyone know what the difference between Grid Move and Free Move is??   :??:   I haven't been in game to try it yet, so I was just curious.  Thanks :)

I just finished the quest and went to put the cactus down.  I only had a choice of grid move.. there was no free move option - at least for the cactus.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 09:59 AM »

I just finished the quest and went to put the cactus down.  I only had a choice of grid move.. there was no free move option - at least for the cactus.

When I completed cactus quest I was able to have free move option with cactus.  p.s. thanks for answers duckie

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 10:11 AM »

When I completed cactus quest I was able to have free move option with cactus.  p.s. thanks for answers duckie

What would VFK be without bugs hmm?  You get "free" and I get "grid"! (Now, will Princess get both?) :lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:17 PM »

What would VFK be without bugs hmm?  You get "free" and I get "grid"! (Now, will Princess get both?) :lolg:

LOL ~ figures there would be different options on different characters now!   :lolg:    Thanks for checking in though ladies. 

Guess it will remain a mystery, what the difference in those 2 options are huh?    :)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 10:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure all items are to have both grid move and free move. My take on Funfly's comment was that she was able to use free mode as well as grid mode, but she will have to correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe they realized there was a problem as the day went on and fixed it.

I did notice that items I had trouble stacking last night were fixed today. Still not able to stack everything correctly yet, but they seem to be fixing it quickly, which cuts down on any frustration. I am just so thankful they were able to apply a grid system. That is essential for stacking and those are the things that can make a difference in games. I had been concerned since the grid was not there from the start, but here it is now.  :thumb:

King and I experimented with Free vs. Grid mode tonight a bit. Grid mode will move your furniture only to places within the grid. This is pretty much how we placed furniture on VMK. This makes stacking possible and if they do intend to have ride pieces in the future, this will be key to ride pieces fitting together properly. In grid mode, you will see the furniture move in little "jumpy" movements to proper spaces on the grid. Right now the furniture may also slowly drop into place using the grid mode.

Free Mode seems to be how we were able to place furniture before. You will notice the furniture glides to pretty much anywhere in the room you want it to go. My guess is that they left this option open for those who want objects placed closer together or in postitions not available when using the grid. I don't know if things will stack properly when placed in a free position, but if you want a certain look in room building, this may be for that purpose. Only my personal guess as to the reasoning, though.

Hugs everyone...off to think of what to build! Woot!  :wavet:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:55 PM by PrincessWendyBird »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 07:27 PM »

Thanks Princess!   :2thunbs:    That makes a lot more sense now.  I just wasn't sure why some pieces were only a choice of one option or the other, and how that would work in placement in a room.

But, it sounds buggy still, and things need to be worked out.

Otherwise, I think that is a great idea to be given the option of grid or free move.  Instead of always being locked into a grid.   :thumb:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 02:03 PM »

Yep, I had both options.  No matter if I did "free" or "grid" the items seemed to float down at times...random bugs maybe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up