VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SW NEW Blog Entry for 8/5 ~ Next Release due out later this month.  (Read 8252 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)

I didn't see this posted yet.  Just in case people haven't noticed the update to the SW Blog.  Looks like they are still working on new features for us.  Exciting stuff it looks like.   :dance3:

SmallWorlds Blog
Coming to a Small World near you!
August 5th, 2008 - Darren Green

Well, it has been a while since our last blog entry. Our bad. We’ve had our heads down busily putting together our biggest release since our private beta launch back at the beginning of the year. There is so much in this upcoming release, it is difficult to know where to start, but here goes…

Your Small World

You will be able to embed the full 3D SmallWorlds client, or a compact “Zero-D” version into your blog, social network page, community website etc. We will provide a number of themes, along with other security features that will enable you to build your own little corner of SmallWorlds especially for your friends and community.

Games Galore

We have created a new games arcade widget that essentially works like a casual game portal. It will allow players to search our casual games library and play games of their choosing. These games are uploaded to our games library by both ourselves, and by third party developers.

We will also be releasing our Games API on our new developer minisite. This API will enable third party games to be integrated into our Highscore and Tournament systems. We are also planning to do a number of promotions to stimulate our game development community (to be announced in a future post).

User Generated Experiences

As part of our “power to the people” design mantra here at SmallWorlds HQ, we are introducing the first of a series of features that will enable our players to create their own entertaining experiences. We have opened up our mission building system to our players, and have added several new features to make missions more diverse, challenging and fun.

Expect whodunnits, tomb-raider-esque adventures, puzzles, mazes, manhunts and more. We can’t wait to see what shenanigans our players get up to with these new and exciting features.

Potions, Spells, Food, Weapons and Wearable Items

Over the coming months we will be releasing a huge range of purchasable items that players can wear or use on themselves and each other. Things like capes, helmets, jetpacks, rayguns, spells, potions, fireworks and food – to name a few. Let the fun begin!

For more detailed and up-to-date information on the new features in our upcoming release, check out this forum post.

The next release of SmallWorlds is due out later this month. Watch this space!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: SW NEW Blog Entry for 8/5 ~ Next Release due out later this month.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 01:44 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

Woot, bring on those rayguns.. I have a certain Kat I really would love to use it on!  Talk about a furball! :rofl1:

Only question will be how do we acquire more credits to be able  to get these things  :hmmmm:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 02:06 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

Woot, bring on those rayguns.. I have a certain Kat I really would love to use it on!  Talk about a furball! :rofl1:

Only question will be how do we acquire more credits to be able  to get these things  :hmmmm:

Woot for a SW update.  Maybe you will be able to bring the raygun to VFK and change your enchantment color from pink to purple. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 02:39 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

I know, I thought the same thing.  We need a way to earn more credits/tokens!

Sounds like fun to be able to use some kind of SW gadget to turn people into ice (by the looks of the picture anyway), hehe ~ I also had heard from Staff awhile ago, while in a public room, that we would have snowballs to be able to throw too.

And jetpacks?  haha!  Fun!    :dance2:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 07:37 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

Sounds like fun to be able to use some kind of SW gadget to turn people into ice (by the looks of the picture anyway), hehe ~ I also had heard from Staff awhile ago, while in a public room, that we would have snowballs to be able to throw too.

OMG Astro.. snowballs?  For real?  Hmm.. makes note to ask Juliana to see if the cold loving duck could have a snow filled back yard..       Oooooo  ~faints from too sweet a thought~

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:02 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

Be vewy, vewy quiet... I'm hunting ducks!   :lolg:
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 10:18 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

Be vewy, vewy quiet... I'm hunting ducks!   :lolg:

Wabbit season!!
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21 PM »

I am secretly stealing one of my son's pancakes every time he has them, and put some veggies in the garden that rabbits like.  I am building an attack force of pancake bunnies to frighten off duck hunting Kats.

:rofl1:

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:51 AM »

I am secretly stealing one of my son's pancakes every time he has them, and put some veggies in the garden that rabbits like.  I am building an attack force of pancake bunnies to frighten off duck hunting Kats.

:rofl1:

:ahh:

________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 05:02 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

OMG Astro.. snowballs?  For real?  Hmm.. makes note to ask Juliana to see if the cold loving duck could have a snow filled back yard..       Oooooo  ~faints from too sweet a thought~

I know ~ how fun a snowball fight would be.  hehe  :)   I REALLY hope that is part of the next release, since Staff never said when.  And hopefully it wasn't a scrapped idea by now.  :(

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 06:25 PM »

GREAT find Astro!

I know ~ how fun a snowball fight would be.  hehe  :)   I REALLY hope that is part of the next release, since Staff never said when.  And hopefully it wasn't a scrapped idea by now.  :(

I'm ready! :lolg:

Pages: [1]   Go Up