VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Legends in History Epic Journey Day 1  (Read 11069 times)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Legends in History Epic Journey Day 1
« on: August 02, 2008, 10:52 PM »

Nothing like late notice but here is the wing enchantment quest - among other things.
Legends in History Epic Journey Day 1
Starts 7:00 AM Sunday August 3, 2008

Legends spring from a time which in many cases predates even the earliest recorded history. They tell of peoples and places which are often difficult for us to even imagine in our present world. However, these legends were very real to our ancestors and played a significant part in their culture and beliefs.

Fairies have now come to our world and each of us will have the opportunity to experience the wonders of flight and fancy that defines the legends surrounding fairy lore.

However, some things in life can not be bought with gold or silver, but must instead be earned. This is true for the enchantment which makes experiencing the awe and mystery of fairies possible.

To obtain this enchantment we have created an Epic Quest which will be available throughout August. You can begin the quest anytime you wish during this month and upon completion you will receive your fairy enchantment.

There are seven quests, each with a unique reward, some of which will be needed for the next step in your journey. The first quest includes a reward of 1,000 credits and the first Legend Pin. As each quest is completed, you will receive a unique reward and the next Legend Pin.

Each day you can complete the next step in the Epic Quest, receiving your new rewards and progressing towards enchantment.

Upon completion of the Epic Quest your reward will be fairy enchantment. This enchantment also comes with a fairy room which opens onto a fairy world. There is also a shop where you can get clothes for your fairy!

The fairy enchantment lasts as long as you wish and you can start and end it at any time.

We hope you enjoy our new Epic Quest and the enchantment of Fairies!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 10:59 PM by Adventuredaz »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: Legends in History Epic Journey Day 1
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 11:07 PM »

Now this sounds really COOL!!!  :yes!: A little something for everyone - Woot!!!  :wavet: Pins for pin collectors, many small quests leading to the big prize, magic, clothing, a new room! Also, a lot of time to complete the quest and I LOVE that the magic lasts as long as you like with no recharge time! This is really thinking out of the box and I am impressed!  :dance2:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:33 PM »

Ahhhhh!! 7 quests?!?! *faints* I dislike quests.  :sos: :mad:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Disney Dreams

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:46 PM »

SEVEN quests??? 

Really worried about having enough time to be able to complete this to earn the fairy enchantment.  Life is crazy busy with a few minutes here and there for fun time.  A seven quest adventure seems a little much this early in the game.  sigh  Well, 28 days.  7 quests.  A tiny bit each night for 4 nights / quest..... maybe.

I like the idea, and it sounds very creative in its planning.  I just think it might be a bit to ask of players.  I guess there is always signing on for 30 seconds in the morning to start the quest and then playing after hours once real life quiets down in the wee hours of that time between midnight and dawn.

Sleep is so over-rated....... i think.  Or maybe enchantments are.  Not sure which just yet.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:15 AM »

Sounds like you and I have a match made in heaven gf.. IF the stuff is tradeable.

I don't care for pins, never have (other than that New Years Donald Duck), certainly we know how I feel about this fairy color for females..  BUT  everyone knows this about me -

:drool: :drool:

I WILL be doing the quests.. but I won't be wearing the legend pins/fairy magic prizes.

So.. looks like they found a way to try to steal the thunder from ElfIsland.. by trying to keep people going on several quests, holding out hope that we will stay to complete the quests.  BUT if we can do one quest a day, as they say, we can be done with it before Elf even opens.. reliable word says Elf is not due until between mid to late August.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 01:37 AM »

Was in an after hours room with VFK_Mintie and VFK_Cactus.  They both had fairy enchantment going.  I love how our feet flitter back and forth while we float in the air.  Cool looking.  They fielded all sorts of questions about the quests and the enchantment.   

Sweet dreams all,
Dreams
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:20 AM by Disney Dreams »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 08:11 AM »

7 quest in all of august does not seem so bad. And you can do it any time that is cool. Not tradeable sad for later players but cuts down of the major extra character :) Looking forward to this.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

NotAZoo

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 10:53 AM »

Fairy Rooms and Fairy World....hmmm....I wonder how our friends over at Disney are starting to feel about this.

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 11:40 AM »

I WILL be doing the quests.. but I won't be wearing the legend pins/fairy magic prizes.

Did you just say you won't be wearing the fairy enchantment? Oh yes, me thinks catching your character with my flying gas.he self will be much easier. Woot!  :lolg:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 12:17 PM »

Sounds like you and I have a match made in heaven gf.. IF the stuff is tradeable.

I don't care for pins, never have (other than that New Years Donald Duck), certainly we know how I feel about this fairy color for females..  BUT  everyone knows this about me -

So.. looks like they found a way to try to steal the thunder from ElfIsland.. by trying to keep people going on several quests, holding out hope that we will stay to complete the quests.  BUT if we can do one quest a day, as they say, we can be done with it before Elf even opens.. reliable word says Elf is not due until between mid to late August.

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 02:06 PM »

I just encountered a few players asking a member of the VFK Team a number of questions.  Here is a summary. 

Topic #1
Where are the horses? This member of staff explained the enchantment wings were developed by a different team.  So, there appears to be one team working on horses and another working on the enchantment wings. 

Topic #2
Why the enchantment wings is not in the store today? The reason the wings are available by quest is to give the younger players (that may not have a  enough credits) the chance to earn then enchantment by questing.  They felt this way everyone would be able to get the wings enchantment.

I suggested they keep the fairy guest room a secret until the first day it is actually awarded.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 06:10 PM »

Did you just say you won't be wearing the fairy enchantment? Oh yes, me thinks catching your character with my flying gas.he self will be much easier. Woot!  :lolg:

Yes, sadly your life will be made easier, while mine more difficult.. unless by then they offer other colors :lolg:

Aww, sorry gf! :drshot:

If we only knew if the stuff would ever become tradeable..  I would gladly pass it all to you!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 07:44 PM »

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10 AM »

ROFL you guys.  :lolg: Actually, the quest today wasn't too bad. I did it 3 times (for me, monkey and an extra just in case the pin does become tradeable). Hoping that the rest of the quests are just as bearable.  :thumb:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 08:15 AM »

ROFL you guys.  :lolg: Actually, the quest today wasn't too bad. I did it 3 times (for me, monkey and an extra just in case the pin does become tradeable). Hoping that the rest of the quests are just as bearable.  :thumb:

ROFL. and Days knows I sent my others through the quest too incase they do become tradeable for people that missed the quest.
hehe.. I wasn't expecting to run into Days on the map as my other Coral character! :rofl1:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 10:11 AM »

ROFL. and Days knows I sent my others through the quest too incase they do become tradeable for people that missed the quest.
hehe.. I wasn't expecting to run into Days on the map as my other Coral character! :rofl1:

Seems like we were all over yesterday rofl.  :laugh2:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 10:54 AM »

That is a great way to make people play during 7 days, being a bit bored right now I thought I could do all the quests to break my time but "You are too weary after completing your quest for today, you can continue with your next quest for Fairy Enchantment after you are rested tomorrow morning!" >_<
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up