VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else getting discouraged with the lack of progress  (Read 5186 times)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

I feel I have been more than patient. Knowing that a game like this takes at least a good year to get really going into beta. But we still can not sit except for a couple of furniture. We can not stack thus not really buildING. Still waiting for our horses and they are testing a new room???? I do enjoy the bird game but have not been playing much since I  have more credits than I eer did on VMK.

I don't think this boads well if they can not have the basics in order before the opening of elf island. Being able to build we make the game fun. I wonder what their priority is.

But stacking and sitting is such a basic skill to everything. I know they are trying but it is starting to get discouraging :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: Anyone else getting discouraged with the lack of progress
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:24 PM »

Belle, It's bad if you are waking up discouraged in the morning.   It is difficult to describe the feeling the lack of progress gives me but it is not really discouraging, then again I don't discourage easily.   There are so many things they need to do to get this game right, yet I was not under any illusion from the beginning.  Look how far they have come, they have made a lot of progress.  Sitting, Stacking, Building - these are things that would be nice and should have been possible when they opened yet they supposedly are working on all these things.

Know body knows but them how they are working their priorities, regardless of their plan they continue to say things are coming which builds peoples expectations because people take these statements as promises, which then take forever to materialize. 

Take a look where it started and where it is now and it is indisputable that progress has been made, and it is indisputable that there is a long way to go still.  Over wealmingling is the question of how long can they survive in the current situation. Selling the memberships means they now have a responsibility to deliver or people will not be interested in signing up for any more time which would result in the cash flow to a crawl. 

I believe they can deliver what they want to - but not in the time frame they offer and possibly not fast enough to continue momentum.  There is a larger issue with their target group.  Most of us have searched for three months for a replacement for VMK and still have not satisfied that desire.  Nothing can really match it, but what will it take to come close.  Sitting in chairs, standing on my head, flying in the air won't do it. Owning every virtual item I ever wanted won't do it.  Having integrated the coolest stuff into a game won't do it.  Bringing in familiar staff won't do it.  All these things are nice but in the end they are only a small part of the picture.  Each person liked VMK for different reasons so we all look for something different but friendships are the key to why we all were searching for a replacement.  Sadly the ability to bring that back as part of the package diminishes with each day.  Friends keep in touch though message boards and IM but I often go days without hearing form some of my closest friends from VMK - Because no game any of us play have a concrete schedule of events we just pop in - see what’s going on and then move on.   With 50 staff or so, they have made little effort beyond Quests, which span several days.  Used to be everyone would show up in VMK to try to get into an event and participate or see friends we knew would be there around that time.  Also we had several games with High score lists that presented a challenge to some of us to keep up with.  Even if they had a list - the quest score lists seem inaccurate based on my times.  Who knows how they score, maybe based on who needs a boost in notoriety.   

Currently they have a game and some players but do not appear to have a clear plan or any organization or priorities.  I am sure this is not 100% accurate but it summarizes how I am feeling and why I just have not spent much time in any game at the moment.  All I find is a portion of what I want and very little entertainment value, and an occasional friend I bump into.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:22 PM »

^ perfectly said.

5:30pm came to mean something in my daily life and sometimes I look at the clock and think, ah, host event, oh wait.....  9:49pm still sends a little adrenaline rush through me.  Then I remember... oh, nevermind.  No one is there. :(

With not a lot to "do" in VFK, I pop on whenever I can (which is so limited now as life has become busier than previously) and very really seem to catch the friends I shared cherished moments with every day in VMK.  We knew when to find each other.  As time goes on, everyone branches out into more and more online worlds and the circles subdivide more and more... leaving friendships behind slowly and sadly.  It's soooo difficult.  VFK was that glimmer of hope I was looking for, but for so many reasons that Add said above, it's really difficult.

So we all try best we can to find what works (even if just a little bit) for us.  Sadly, nothing seems to fill the role that VMK played in our lives and our friendships.

:hug:,
Dreams

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:56 PM »

Does anyone remember the beta and early days of VMK?  We had to make up our own games, like what Disney character am I thinking of, or what Disney movie am I thinking of. We would send messages and say game in my room at a certain time. There wasn't much to do so we made the best of it.
Maybe we can all take a step back and remember those very early VMK days and try doing some of those things in VFK.

Just a thought.   :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:57 PM by RosieC »
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 04:17 PM »

I guess discouraged was a little strong maybe disappointed. Each day I look forward to find out we got new clothes, we have a horse etc. yes I remember the early days of VMK and yes there was not much to do. But we could stack boxes rofl. Yes they have made awesome progress from the first days of VFK opening.
I think I would be happier if they did not raise our hopes up saying sitting would be out soon or horse in the next few days. Lets hope for some big jumps in VFK progress in the next month :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 05:10 PM »

Does anyone remember the beta and early days of VMK?  We had to make up our own games, like what Disney character am I thinking of, or what Disney movie am I thinking of. We would send messages and say game in my room at a certain time. There wasn't much to do so we made the best of it.
Maybe we can all take a step back and remember those very early VMK days and try doing some of those things in VFK.

I remember those early months of closings.. WHAT dictionary?  Ring any bells gf?  :notme: :angel:   (hmm.. where did all those >:D friends go?) :lolg:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:57 PM »

Hugs Everyone! We have been gone all day, and it has been a busy one. Today were tests for me (my usual every couple of month type tests). Still, keeps us busy and makes me tired! We missed everyone tonight.

I sometimes feel a longing that some new things be released or a desire to build and stack or see more friends. We do try to get on each night for at least the final 15 minutes to see friends. (Although the last 2 nights haven't happened) We weren't around for VMK's Beta, so Rosie's post put things in perpspective for me. I speak for myself here, that when VMK closed, I wanted something similar to it. (Never expected to replace it) I never expected VFK to immediately get to that place where VMK was when it closed, but I probably still long for those game features. King and I were looking back and laughing today about when we had shadows and our first few days of being able to see absolutely nobody else. When I look at those things, I am pleased with where this game has come in a short time.

After visiting GPDot's wonderful VMK Site, it is clear nothing will ever replace VMK. It was Disney that brought our family to the online gaming world. Sadly, I don't think any one site will be the new home for all of us. I know some promising sites have yet to open, but I think it is the Disney tie that binds us all together. So, for now, King and I are trying to enjoy VFK and the things it has to offer.

Rosie, you have inspired me - maybe it is time to open a room for some fun trivia or some new games. One thing I am thankful for in all of this, if it wasn't for VMK and even its closing, we would never have met many of you. That is a gift I would never have wanted to miss. Hugs Everyone and Happy Friday!  :hug:

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 03:32 PM »

I remember those early months of closings.. WHAT dictionary?  Ring any bells gf?  :notme: :angel:   (hmm.. where did all those >:D friends go?) :lolg:

Yes there was that too.   :lolg:

PintsWench

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 03:40 PM »

Hugs Everyone! We have been gone all day, and it has been a busy one. Today were tests for me (my usual every couple of month type tests). Still, keeps us busy and makes me tired! We missed everyone tonight.

I sometimes feel a longing that some new things be released or a desire to build and stack or see more friends. We do try to get on each night for at least the final 15 minutes to see friends. (Although the last 2 nights haven't happened) We weren't around for VMK's Beta, so Rosie's post put things in perpspective for me. I speak for myself here, that when VMK closed, I wanted something similar to it. (Never expected to replace it) I never expected VFK to immediately get to that place where VMK was when it closed, but I probably still long for those game features. King and I were looking back and laughing today about when we had shadows and our first few days of being able to see absolutely nobody else. When I look at those things, I am pleased with where this game has come in a short time.

After visiting GPDot's wonderful VMK Site, it is clear nothing will ever replace VMK. It was Disney that brought our family to the online gaming world. Sadly, I don't think any one site will be the new home for all of us. I know some promising sites have yet to open, but I think it is the Disney tie that binds us all together. So, for now, King and I are trying to enjoy VFK and the things it has to offer.

Rosie, you have inspired me - maybe it is time to open a room for some fun trivia or some new games. One thing I am thankful for in all of this, if it wasn't for VMK and even its closing, we would never have met many of you. That is a gift I would never have wanted to miss. Hugs Everyone and Happy Friday!  :hug:

Yes Princess I agree the friendships are the greatest thing to come of VMK, VFK, and good old nobs. I'm glad we have a place to keep in touch and help each other through the good and bad. Thank goodness for nobs!!   :drinkingtoast:
Hopefully we will find an on line gaming home or homes that will help fill the void. 

PintsWench
Pages: [1]   Go Up