VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hat Spotted  (Read 11098 times)

NotAZoo

New Hat Spotted
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:40 AM »

Not sure if anyone has seen the new hat as I saw a post on another site (shame on me), however it looked like a dark brown hat.   Almost one of those hats one would wear in the Australian Outback that has strings hanging from it with corks or something to keep the bugs away.    If anyone has a picture that would be cool, or if anyone knows anything about it I would love to know more.   For clarification it is different from the hat that is currently being given away to in the Aussie Founders Package.

EDIT: After some digging, lets just say that the individual who is shown in the picture with the hat is a prominent member/mod from a forum whose name I will not mention.  ehh hem.  Sorry something stuck in my throat.   It is no knock against that person as they are very sweet and nice and deserving...just find the Forum Favoritism thing a little out of hand.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:49 AM by NotAZoo »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: New Hat Spotted
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 08:54 AM »

Not sure if anyone has seen the new hat as I saw a post on another site (shame on me), however it looked like a dark brown hat.   Almost one of those hats one would wear in the Australian Outback that has strings hanging from it with corks or something to keep the bugs away.    If anyone has a picture that would be cool, or if anyone knows anything about it I would love to know more.   For clarification it is different from the hat that is currently being given away to in the Aussie Founders Package.

EDIT: After some digging, lets just say that the individual who is shown in the picture with the hat is a prominent member/mod from a forum whose name I will not mention.  ehh hem.  Sorry something stuck in my throat.   It is no knock against that person as they are very sweet and nice and deserving...just find the Forum Favoritism thing a little out of hand.

LOL Zoo!  You didn't even HAVE to put in that entire "Edit" piece.  Soon as you said it was different than any other.. lets face it, we all knew who had it for testing! ;) 
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:58 AM »

Nice dig you added over there, that will earn you some points  :rofl1:

It is clear that we still don't have horses and have not paid enough to get hats yet so I am not going to kill myself finding the picture to post, If anyone else stumbles upon a mouse wearing a hat - feel free to add the picture.   

NotAZoo

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:59 AM »

Yeah I guess the conspiracy theorist in me may get dinged for starting some trouble at some point (yes I posted elsewhere), however VFK needs to be a little cognizent of the trends they are supporting in the choice of their testing subjects.

NotAZoo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:00 AM »

Nice dig you added over there, that will earn you some points  :rofl1:

Who? Me?  LOL

For clarification, my point is not meant as an attack as anyone who is selected for testing that I have seen each are very nice and derserving individuals, or what I know of them.   I would hate for anyone to ever be negative or jealous towards these individuals as it wasn't their request to be put in such a awkward situation.   My sarcasm is just centered around trends VFK should try to avoid so that animosity doesn't get out of hand, plus as always I am looking out for my forum family here on NoBS.   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:54 AM by NotAZoo »

Disney Dreams

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 09:53 AM »

She had the hat last night just before closing.  It was given to her to test.  It is the Swagman hat. 

I don't think there is any need to black out any thing said in this screenshot.  Please let me know if I am incorrect and I will do so.

Test-wise: imho, when the head turns with ponytail hair, the hat is not quite right.  Cool color hat.

- Dreams
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:08 AM by Disney Dreams »

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 10:01 AM »

Oh my, I think your comment will stir things up over there because anything anti or questioning VFK causes an uproar.  The sad part is that you only have spoken the truth.  At least to what has been done up to this point.  VFK should not play favoritism.  It will make the little kids feel bad and us big kids feel uncomfortable (and no, at least to me it is not jealousy).  
Oh wait my bad, I guess it is all about being the lucky one in the right place at the right time...  :hmm:
I agree that it is nothing at all personal against the people getting the items.  They are not the ones in charge of VFK's decisions.  It would be nice to see a true variety of people as testers, like - gasp - kids who are on NO boards!!, or better yet none of this individual player testing stuff.  
Anyways, -hugs -, we "glove" you here!  Woot to you :)
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

NotAZoo

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 10:22 AM »

Yeah I need to keep my big fat mouth shut anyway.....especially since I opened the topic to talk about the new hat and then deviate from the topic.....I guess I can be my own worst problem.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 10:47 AM »

I think you are spot on here Zoo. It is my opinion that to avoid this sort of thing, testers of these type of items should be staff. I agree, these are nice people who are being given this opportunity, but it makes for an awkward situation for all. Jealousy is not the issue for me - we all know the hats will be out sooner or later, but why create any more animosity or suspicion. Just place staff out there to test items and  :bw: problem solved!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 07:46 AM »

Cowboy hat for sale under Specials in West Mercantile shop for 1,000

Dingo hat (sort of cowboy with the strings) was for founders only along with Australian Evening Room

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 08:15 AM »

Cowboy hat for sale under Specials in West Mercantile shop for 1,000

Dingo hat (sort of cowboy with the strings) was for founders only along with Australian Evening Room

Right now the cowboy hat can not be traded/gifted.  Hopefully this will change when they add more clothes.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

NotAZoo

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 08:44 AM »

Ok here is the comedy segment of the program.   After all my griping and complaining above, guess what NotAZoo found in his inventory this morning when logging in?    A nice new Swagman Hat with the little corks dangling from them and all.     

Now what I am wondering is if A) we all got them, or B) someone has been reading my posts and decided that they might be able to buy my silence LOL.   

At this point I guess the irony in it all has made me speechless, so VFK gets a 2 points this round.     I guess I may as well be greatful and pipe down.....but if there is a moral to the story it is ....complain and people will bribe you to keep quiet.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 09:01 AM »

Ok here is the comedy segment of the program.   After all my griping and complaining above, guess what NotAZoo found in his inventory this morning when logging in?    A nice new Swagman Hat with the little corks dangling from them and all.     

Now what I am wondering is if A) we all got them, or B) someone has been reading my posts and decided that they might be able to buy my silence LOL.   

At this point I guess the irony in it all has made me speechless, so VFK gets a 2 points this round.     I guess I may as well be greatful and pipe down.....but if there is a moral to the story it is ....complain and people will bribe you to keep quiet.

Either way...Congratulations on your new hat! 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 09:13 AM »

I hate to say I think your sarcastic dig post got it for you - see purpleduck's thread

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=2648.0

But who knows  :notme:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 09:54 AM »

Well, after a little digging of my own, I think I figured out the strange hats appearing. When you log into your account management page as a Beta Founder, this is there:

Update, July 25th:
Our Australian office has created an extra special gift for all our Beta Founding Members!
This gift includes an Australian Swagman's hat, and a Sydney Apartment with a night time view of the Sydney Opera House.

The Swagman holds a unique place in Australian culture, and even their unofficial national anthem "Waltzing Matilda" is about a Swagman.

The Swagman hat is the iconic representation of the Swagman, and as one of our Beta Founding Members we hope you and your family will enjoy this piece of Australian culture.

I believe this is a way to "make ammends" to original Beta Founders. Seems all Beta Founders were given this room and hat.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 09:57 AM »

I had heard from VFK Staff that the bitter feelings caused by the Australian package were NEVER intended and completely caught both offices by surprise.  The Australian office felt badly and wanted to create something special for the Founding members to "make amends."  It would be nice if the rest of us could have a change to buy the room, but - yay for those of you that got the freebie add-on!

Congrats!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:02 AM by Disney Dreams »

NotAZoo

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 03:59 PM »

Well I am glad I wasn't singled out for my madman ranting by the VFK Staff, but happy to see that when enough people believe in something and speaks up, it could actually get some results.   
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up