VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Man From Snowy River Australian Founder's Membership ~ Announced  (Read 22485 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

The Man From Snowy River
Founder's Membership - $47.00

I am very surprised by this. Will be curious to see what others think. Seems they are after more money. I still don't like the feel of this and am happy I have held off.

Bug

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)

New Founder's Membership Package Announced.  $47.00    ** Sounds like to me that people that already paid for the Original Founder's Membership or VIP Package would still need to pay for this package too, if interested. **

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:52 PM by Adventuredaz »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Not happy to see this either especially when they said the founders horses would only be riden in the stable now. I think this is not good. Not good at all. If they wanted to do that why not give people a choice at the beginning. I will be writting them about this. And the pressure to buy now. See no deadline on this. Are people from Australia joining now? Have no clue what they are doing.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

BooLani

• A Toddle Tail for a reasonable Fee...
  • Fireworks Magic
  • fighting one bit of paperwork at a time

I have kept very quiet on the whole VFK thing with the membership lately, I dont know, it all seems way way too soon to be paying for the game in any sense weather you like the game or not, personally I'm not fond of the stepford wifes look of the characters but I still give the game a chance and check in occasionally each week, still not something I think I'd pay for though... Fee and I had this conversation last year with our piratey pals about Pirates being pay to play way to early, but to me this seems like it's the equivalent of being not even half ready to be taking money from players.

although it's just my random rambling two cents :)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Not happy to see this either especially when they said the founders horses would only be riden in the stable now. I think this is not good. Not good at all. If they wanted to do that why not give people a choice at the beginning. I will be writting them about this. And the pressure to buy now. See no deadline on this. Are people from Australia joining now? Have no clue what they are doing.

Ink seems to think that the riding horses in the Aussie outback may mean that there will be an outback guest room and that may be the only place they can be ridden. I think it is very fishy that they are plugging for money again and not just small change. I also don't like the fact the the poor members that all ready paid are expected to pay again for the items. Is this a pattern for them. Now how many that paid the first time are willing to cough up the money to pay again? They are promising items and have not even delivered on the items from the first package. I would like to see some proof of horses and being able to ride them. Release a picture of someone on a horse.

Sorry but things are getting way to shady for me. Seems money is the big issue and if it is that big of a problem what is there to make us think it will improve. I have read somewhere else that if you are concerned you can contact your credit card company and file a charge back for goods not received. I just hope people do not loose a lot of money.

Bug

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Just reading over at the fan page and yes there are many not happy over there either. Including the maker of Gadget. The only ones not complaining are the ones that did not get the first package. This is not good business sense. From what I understand they had planned 2 plans in advance. They say they plan no more. But still this is bad marketing I think.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

I was very surprised to see that people that have already paid on the founding membership package, would be required to pay again at full price.  I would have thought there would have at least been a price break, guess not.   ???

I'm very surprised to see VFK requesting money again.  It hasn't even been a month yet!

I have seen people already wearing the new Akubra hat in game.  Which I thought was quick.  And they also had the VIP pin on, so they are people that have already paid on the original founding membership, and are already paying $94.00 into this game now.

Thanks Add for combining these posts.  Looks like Bug and I posted the new information about the founders package at exactly the same time ~ GMTA!   ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

NotAZoo

I just give it a big "BOOOOOOOOOO!"

I sent an email with a simple statement to VFK.   In it said, "I think you have a lot of nerve expecting people to give you more money when you haven't even provided all of the things you promised per your first Founders Package. (i.e. Horse, Shirt, DVD, etc.)  In order to rectify a poorly handled situation before it gets worst I suggest you find a way to offer a heavily discounted package to existing founders or find another way to prevent an overwhelming loss of support from some of your loyal fan base who has been there since day one"

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

This is not good business sense. From what I understand they had planned 2 plans in advance. They say they plan no more. But still this is bad marketing I think.
Actually it’s more like good marketing gone awry.  They have developed a way to keep people interested in paying without keeping them or paying members interested in the game - so in the sense that they may be able to get more people to pay or some people to pay again they have something.  In the sense that it mostly sucks for everyone but them and for the time being new founding members.  I am not real surprised and felt this may have been what someone alluded to without describing what was known.  I wondered if anyone but members would ever be able to have a horse.

I think the biggest issue is, they have not delivered on the first one-time only founding membership things.  They are well aware that most of the buyers will be people that are currently members, question here is does the 3 months add on to your already paid time? And will they still be around in 6 months.  They promised horses weeks ago, now they have new horses they won't deliver anytime soon either - and now to find out certain horses will only be good for certain things - only we really don't know what that means yet either. 

I had no issue paying to play this or any other game if that’s what you want to do, I think most agree that it is not a finished product but many of us paid to help support the development.  I would hope that members would have had access to all new items – not just select new items.  Also this seems to set a pattern that could become a regular thing – if you want this item pay this, again if that was how it appeared to be set up that might be ok but it was indicated members would get early access to new items. 

I think many of us that did pay will look at this as we decide if we will pay again in the future.  They clearly need money to operate and they put in a lot of work but they need to get their act together – get a plan and stick to it.  Many of the details remain unclear and will require calls to them where everyone gets a different happy story. 

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

I just give it a big "BOOOOOOOOOO!"

I sent an email with a simple statement to VFK.   In it said, "I think you have a lot of nerve expecting people to give you more money when you haven't even provided all of the things you promised per your first Founders Package. (i.e. Horse, Shirt, DVD, etc.)  In order to rectify a poorly handled situation before it gets worst I suggest you find a way to offer a heavily discounted package to existing founders or find another way to prevent an overwhelming loss of support from some of your loyal fan base who has been there since day one"

Well said!! I would at least expect a heavily discount package especially when they have a link for already a founder it takes you to the same page no matter what.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

This is not good business sense. From what I understand they had planned 2 plans in advance. They say they plan no more. But still this is bad marketing I think.

I wondered if anyone but members would ever be able to have a horse. 

I think the biggest issue is, they have not delivered on the first one-time only founding membership things.  They are well aware that most of the buyers will be people that are currently members, question here is does the 3 months add on to your already paid time? And will they still be around in 6 months.  They promised horses weeks ago, now they have new horses they won't deliver anytime soon either - and now to find out certain horses will only be good for certain things - only we really don't know what that means yet either. 

The horse issue is getting me. I have a bad feeling in my tummy over this one

Yes how can the offer this and not have the horses working for the founders yet. I am beginning to think unless some amazing coding happens this game will be gone by September. If you can not get sitting down a basic in any game hard to belive they can get horses working.

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

If you can not get sitting down a basic in any game hard to belive they can get horses working.

What?! This isn't sitting?!  :rofl1:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

If you can not get sitting down a basic in any game hard to belive they can get horses working.

What?! This isn't sitting?!  :rofl1:

Sadly I think the sitting is a weak - rushed out feature as many have been.  Not all chairs are programed yet, often we just stand next to it or sit in the chair.  They have actually promised sitting in chairs, on the ground and on horses...I don't remember thin air but i doubt I would give them a gold star

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind

Well, now I know where the news pins and hat came from.  For the record, I'm not a founder. 

I can certainly understand why those that did become Founders may be very frustrated.  I'm wondering if there is any way for "an Original Founder"  to have their membership transferred to a "Aussie Founder".  Simply what if you like that hat better.  Are we sure there will not be a "Space Age Founder", "A Wild West Founder" and so on along the map?

Further, what happens to those that joined in between the 2 founders offers?

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

This all scares me... what has it been 3 weeks? They told people the real items they will get in 6 weeks. 1/2 way there they roll out this new pay us again plan. My fear is they will try to grab what money they can then in 3 more weeks when packages don't show up in the mail they go away.....

I hope people think long and hard on this one. I don't want to sound down but man this smells funny and my gut instinct is telling me to to run not walk away....

Bug
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:32 PM by Bugdozer »

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Are we sure there will not be a "Space Age Founder", "A Wild West Founder" and so on along the map?

This same thought crossed my mind...

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Hey, apparently a real hat (akubra) like that might run you $90-$150 So $47 is a deal ;) 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up