VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/18 1:30am EST Live Test?  (Read 7355 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
6/18 1:30am EST Live Test?
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:32 PM »

Hiya!
Yes, another sleepless night.  In case anyone is else is awake, VFK may be in LIVE mode. My friends list shows a few people, but I am not able to speak.

I am not VIP and could read and reply to IM's in the middle of AWA.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:07 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: 6/18 1:30am EST Live Test?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:11 PM »

I got on, but like you, could not talk.

I saw Adventure, Awesome and you online on my friends list.  Could not go to you.. but could go to Awsome.. hehe, I was dropped off in that same spot Astro dropped me.. on the wet rock in the bird game.  When I went to Adventure, I got to his room, but could not see him.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:15 PM »

I'm in Adventure's room now, let's mess it up before he gets back.  hehe!

Aww I crashed again!

I think some of us are in single player mode and others are in extra feature mode.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:19 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:19 AM »

According to VFK_Test - who was there with at least VFK_Surfer and VFK_Stingray they were testing the family features.  I don't think they have figured out till now that we can IM anyone. But the reasonwe could not see anyone is that will be how the feature works I guess. We will see people and talking from family members and later groups I think.  Others will pretty much be in single user mode.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 06:49 AM »

This is all nice and good but don't you think that should be well down there list. Like sitting might be a priority or lets say being able to put items right beside each other and stacking. I hope they get it togehter faster because VFK is becoming a ghost town really fast.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 08:00 AM »

According to VFK_Test - who was there with at least VFK_Surfer and VFK_Stingray they were testing the family features.  I don't think they have figured out till now that we can IM anyone. But the reasonwe could not see anyone is that will be how the feature works I guess. We will see people and talking from family members and later groups I think.  Others will pretty much be in single user mode.

So does that mean that if we don't pay to play or belong to a family group that we will be in single player mode all the time? That kind of stinks because I really can't pay to play and I don't have any family members that play to join their group. Or did I misunderstand your statement?  :blush:
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 09:03 AM »

So does that mean that if we don't pay to play or belong to a family group that we will be in single player mode all the time? That kind of stinks because I really can't pay to play and I don't have any family members that play to join their group. Or did I misunderstand your statement?  :blush:

Oh, don't worry!  He was talking about when VFK closes for the night.  You will still be able to talk/see other people during the day, just not after hours. 
~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 09:10 AM »

This is all nice and good but don't you think that should be well down their list. Like sitting might be a priority or lets say being able to put items right beside each other and stacking. I hope they get it together faster because VFK is becoming a ghost town really fast.
Belle, I thought it should be further down the list in the world of functional necessities as well.  I am just passing along what was said.  

I think they have put a higher priority on items promised as part of the pay package - that said, who cares if you get what you paid for if the rest of it is what makes it functional and brings in the majority of the other people.  

According to VFK_Test - who was there with at least VFK_Surfer and VFK_Stingray they were testing the family features.  I don't think they have figured out till now that we can IM anyone. But the reason we could not see anyone is that will be how the feature works I guess. We will see people and talking from family members and later groups I think.  Others will pretty much be in single user mode.

So does that mean that if we don’t pay to play or belong to family groups that we will be in single player mode all the time? That kind of stinks because I really can't pay to play and I don't have any family members that play to join their group. Or did I misunderstand your statement?  :blush:
Again, not a lot was explained - and the test really reeked havoc on the game last night.  Taking a conglomeration of information and experience, I will tell you what I think they are planning for after hours. Normal Game hours everyone will be live and together (except banned players) IM will be between family and maybe groups only. (Currently a member can IM anyone)  After hours pay players will be able to see at least family or group members and who is on line and IM with them - it is unclear but I think they can also chat normal as well.  Non-members will be in single player mode (again this is after hours only)

I think a few features are giving them a lot more difficulty in setting up then they expected, so while they feel they are on schedule.  Everyone else thinks they are not.  

As far as a ghost town - none of the games including VFK have really provided what we had with VMK so it is summer and people are not going to hang out to see what’s happening when nothing is.  They need to finish the important features then the pay features, put together a theme and events and get on a calendar that works like the rest of the planet.  

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17 AM »

Totally agreed Add. I think people are more concerned with the physical items than the messaging in the game. What is the point if you can not build in your rooms. Can not do more than two games. They really released the Founder package too early. But it is sad I log on and see hardly any friends. After you play a few games of Birds or fireworks not much left to do. Lets hope there are major improvements really fast.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 10:36 AM »

.. IM will be between family and maybe groups only. (Currently a member can IM anyone) 

:rofl1:  Yup, and you got me!  All of a sudden overnight, this huge honking blue window pops up in the game!  It was Adventure IMing me!  I had not seen this before, and for me not being a family or group member, it startled a few feathers loose! :rofl1:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 11:43 AM »

.. IM will be between family and maybe groups only. (Currently a member can IM anyone) 

:rofl1:  Yup, and you got me!  All of a sudden overnight, this huge honking blue window pops up in the game!  It was Adventure IMing me!  I had not seen this before, and for me not being a family or group member, it startled a few feathers loose! :rofl1:

- giggles -  :lolg:      Me too!  I was totally taken by surprise when those boxes pop up out of no where.

I seriously assumed VFK knew about this.  As soon as the Family IM feature was working, I had been getting IM's from a paying member.  I was thinking to myself ... hmmmm I highly doubt I'm supposed to be able to use this IM chat, if I'm not in a Family or a paying member myself?  I'm sure there are bugs to work out, but what was even more strange is after a few minutes, a second huge blue box will pop up, with a continuation of the chat.  Even if you don't close down the first box.  Why we need more than 1 box, if it's the same member chatting I have no idea?   :??:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 12:01 PM »

- giggles -  :lolg:      Me too!  I was totally taken by surprise when those boxes pop up out of no where.

I seriously assumed VFK knew about this.  As soon as the Family IM feature was working, I had been getting IM's from a paying member.  I was thinking to myself ... hmmmm I highly doubt I'm supposed to be able to use this IM chat, if I'm not in a Family or a paying member myself?  I'm sure there are bugs to work out, but what was even more strange is after a few minutes, a second huge blue box will pop up, with a continuation of the chat.  Even if you don't close down the first box.  Why we need more than 1 box, if it's the same member chatting I have no idea?   :??:
From my discusion with VFK_Test, I don't think they were aware that it allowed it with all other people so I am sure they will be woorking to adjust this.   I think for a person that does not want their kids to have IM with people they don't know, It might be a nice feature - but it is only for familys/(non-existant)groups. I find it is distracting and can't move it off the screen like regular IM you can make it not on top, there is no minimize or go to the back feature.  Each feature I will eveluate what it's value is to me,  I most likely will not pay a second time but that was my plan in advance.  I could have opened regular IM with Purpleduck and been unrestricted and not have had the window in the way.  Since it was very odd that we could not see people in the same room and I wanted to play with it a bit, I did it this way. 

One thing that needs adjustment  even during open hours is when a fire works game will start. it waits for an amount of time or untill several people join.  In after hour mode - even in single player I often see other titles playing, I find that interesting but if I sign on at night to play I don't want to wait 10 minutes to start a 12 minute game. :wtf?:

Disney Dreams

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 11:01 PM »

Hiya!
Yes, another sleepless night.  In case anyone is else is awake, VFK may be in LIVE mode. My friends list shows a few people, but I am not able to speak.

I am not VIP and could read and reply to IM's in the middle of AWA.

I'm on right now.  Live.  Talking with many others in a room.  We can't sit or dance.  Trying to figure out why we're here. LOL
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:50 AM by Disney Dreams »
Pages: [1]   Go Up