VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Australian Walkabout Quest 7/13 - 7/14  (Read 7006 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Australian Walkabout Quest 7/13 - 7/14
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:23 PM »

7:00 A.M. Pacific Time, Sunday, July 13th to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time Monday July 14th, 2008

G'day mates! It's time to go walkabout on our first VFK Australian quest. Australia has so many amazing sights to learn about on our adventures from the Great Barrier Reef to the distinctive Sydney skyline with the famous Sydney Opera House,

We will then trek to the back of Bourke and discover the black stump. From there we can journey to the Aboriginal's most sacred site - Uluru or as others call it Ayers Rock. You will learn ancient Aboriginal legends and discover the name the Aboriginals have for a big party.

Their unique animals such as the boxing kangaroos (careful, they really do box), furry koalas and incredible platypuses are found only in their part of the world. So, pack your vegemite sandwiches, put on your akubra, saddle up your brumby and let's head for the outback for an amazing adventure down under.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:05 PM by Purpleduck »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Australian Walkabout Quest 7/13 - 7/14
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:21 PM »

7:00 A.M. Pacific Time, Sunday, July 13th to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time Monday July 14th, 2008

G'day mates! It's time to go walkabout on our first VFK Australian quest. Australia has so many amazing sights to learn about on our adventures from the Great Barrier Reef to the distinctive Sydney skyline with the famous Sydney Opera House,

We will then trek to the back of Bourke and discover the black stump. From there we can journey to the Aboriginal's most sacred site - Uluru or as others call it Ayers Rock. You will learn ancient Aboriginal legends and discover the name the Aboriginals have for a big party.

Their unique animals such as the boxing kangaroos (careful, they really do box), furry koalas and incredible platypuses are found only in their part of the world. So, pack your vegemite sandwiches, put on your akubra, saddle up your brumby and let's head for the outback for an amazing adventure down under.

Wow ~ flashback!  ROFL! 

I feel the need to break out in song here ...

"He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Okay just me, or did anyone else read that line and think of "Men at Work ~ Land Down Under"??  hehehe
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
Re: Australian Walkabout Quest 7/13 - 7/14
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 07:44 AM »

Update to the quest

This is what you see when you open the quest window now:

Let's go walk-about and explore VFK's new Australia settings!!

This is the first of a two part Australian Quest, the second part will start at 3:00 PM Pacific time today.

This will give everyone a chance to become familiar with the Australian setting before we start the big quest.

So, if you want to get familiar with the new area by using this "part" of the quest.. best be at it.. it changes to the real one later today as you can see ;)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Wow duck.he - two quests in one day...  :rofl3: Thanks for the information.  :thumbs:

You know I used to love to sing the "Waltzing Matilda" song when I was a kid. I never knew it was about the guy drowning!  :ahh:

-off to google song lyrics-

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Should I wait to do both quests together? Or should I hop to the first one now?

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Days, I went ahead and did part one first - just in case. I don't know, I just was afraid part one might not be available later - but I am a worrier.  :rofl3: Or as DS says, "Mom's freaking out again!".  :rofl1:

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

Ok! Am I being blonde again or what!?!   I have walked every millimeter of the Australia icon and it does nothing. I've logged in and out of the game several times to try and see if that helps. I see lots of ppl walking on it and disappearing. So  :wtf?: And when I ask how to get to Australia everyone says go to the icon on the map.

Is there a way to walk through vfk to Australia and not use the free.king map?

I guess I'm on walkabout for real today.   :lolg:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

Ok! Am I being blonde again or what!?!   I have walked every millimeter of the Australia icon and it does nothing. I've logged in and out of the game several times to try and see if that helps. I see lots of ppl walking on it and disappearing. So  :wtf?: And when I ask how to get to Australia everyone says go to the icon on the map.

For sure, you can't get there walking through vfk.  I tried that first.  Went to the victorian corner, and went right.. like pictured on the map.  Nope!

Sorry you are having trouble using the map.. I did hear a few others had trouble too, not sure how they resolved it :(

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Days, I went ahead and did part one first - just in case. I don't know, I just was afraid part one might not be available later - but I am a worrier.  :rofl3: Or as DS says, "Mom's freaking out again!".  :rofl1:

Thanks Princess...I also decided to do the first part already, just in case. :)

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

For sure, you can't get there walking through vfk.  I tried that first.  Went to the victorian corner, and went right.. like pictured on the map.  Nope!

Sorry you are having trouble using the map.. I did hear a few others had trouble too, not sure how they resolved it :(

Thanks Duck.he!  Sorry I'm so lazy. I know I could have wandered around and found it but by the time I find things I'm so sore and it takes me forever to finish the quest.

PintsWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

Thanks Duck.he!  Sorry I'm so lazy. I know I could have wandered around and found it but by the time I find things I'm so sore and it takes me forever to finish the quest.

btw, yes, you and I passed each other in the zoo room.. I think I saw you hesitate, but I was already gone :hug:

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

btw, yes, you and I passed each other in the zoo room.. I think I saw you hesitate, but I was already gone :hug:

Yup, I saw ya but I didn't chase you down because I figured you were questing.  :) :hug:

PintsWench
Pages: [1]   Go Up