VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK front page has been updated 7/10 - princess hats (not so gnomey)  (Read 29975 times)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I guess I didn't realize that VFK was looking at that particular forum all that much, and now it makes it much clearer.

The person who set up VFKFF and the founders of VFK have been in close communication with 1 another from the start of the forum.
Sadly I think they think their success will be based in this foundation.  By squashing all the criticism or telling people what they want to here and teaming with a forum to do their dirty work.  Quite a few of us bought into the founders package to give them a shot at getting it going, I am not sure how many of the kids over their paid money out - I do think quite a few joined a few families for items - hence the reduction to only 10 family members moving forward.  I think by ignoring what a large segment has to say they may actually do more harm in the long run then good.  The marketplace is very crowded and they risk being marginalized.   

As far as the "benefits" they are getting from "joining forces" - I would be very happy as many would if I was allowed to have an item to test, and how much better to get that opportunity over and over.  The problem arises when you are ready to compromise your principles for a benefit like this.  Forums set their own rules and prerogatives so if that’s what they wish to do that is their right but I think at a certain point people may lose respect for people that should be looked up to and respected as examples, or worse people will follow that example.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

Many of the issues mentioned in this thread came up in my conversation with VFK last night.  I gave my honest opinion and explained how and why I felt the way I did.  One thing I tried to get them to understand is  while some players my enjoy items that mirror VMK,  it a can be painful for another player. I stressed they should give us the sense of community, not the old items. 

Regarding some of my princess hat test questions:
I was told there are more than 2 or 3 circulating.  It was stated that 2 or 3 or the players in the test are more "visable" than others.  They needed players that did specific things to test the hat. 

(Happy puts aside her princess hat design and testing issues for the moment.) There is definately someone there behind the scenes with a strong sense of history.   The hat's place in history is one of the main reasons it may not be a wearable item for boys.  This sense of history was not only brought up with regard to the hat, but also with regard other items like the Louis XIV chairs.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Hi,

I have no respect of VFKFF (hope thats ok to say here). When the princess hat first came out and Ink posted his feelings on the situation he was bashed big time. Not simply by hosts but buy 2 administrators and a mod-real professional.  The attacked him claiming only reason he was saying what he was is because VMK had closed and he had not gotten over it and he needs to get over it. They told him if he could not post something positive that he was not welcomed there and he would gladly show him the door. They went on to state that they want no more negative remarks about vfk or any more comparisons between VFK and VMK. Talk about a one sided forum-yup they are in cahoots BIG time no doubt in my mind. They talk about the admins and mods in their developers updates, they get items before anyone else. I would say it is a case of you kiss my butt and I will kiss you- so obvious and people over their are so blind.

Bug
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up