VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK front page has been updated 7/10 - princess hats (not so gnomey)  (Read 29971 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

I have to say, you know we love the game - but, we too were hoping it might be a little different. Perhaps a different color or even add stripes like in the painting they shared. Although, I will say, I can't wait to buy one to wear.  :rofl3: Is that wrong?  :notme:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Well, to be honest Zoo, I think it is more CYA than trying to get us to buy a story if you know what I mean. I think we are seeing their copyright defense at work.

Maybe so.. but come on.. it is even purple just like VMK's!  Now far be it from me to complain about it being purple, but VMK only had one princess hat, and out of all the colors that could be picked (or even patterns).. VFK picks the same color, same shade of purple, and same pattern??  :uhuh:

It would have been so simple to pick a different color, or go with a pattern on it.. they are spending way too much time playing CYA, when they could have, maybe, gotten more stuff out quicker, instead of truly now giving the appearance of trying to copy VMK in so many ways.  (Yeah I know some of you felt they were copying too much earlier on, but this one, is the "straw" for me to say way too much.)

Oh I will still play.. but now I feel cheated out of possibly more to do, if they had not used so much time doing CYA on everything that is so very close to VMK's.

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

Now wait a minute. I worked darn hard for my Minnie Hat and the least VFK could do is give it back to me - I've been missing it since May 22nd. Honestly, I think they made me wait too long. As soon as I log in my girl mule, I'm gonna dust that Minnie Hat off and wear it proud.

Omg - why did they pluck the ears off?  I worked 3 days on that Blackheart Quest for all that cool virtual stuff, and they go deface my prized Minnie Hat.  >:{ 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:27 PM by KingQuackATac »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

Now wait a minute. I worked darn hard for my Minnie Hat and the least VFK could do is give it back to me - I've been missing it since May 22nd. Honestly, I think they made me wait too long. As soon as I log in my girl mule, I'm gonna dust that Minnie Hat off and wear it proud.

Omg - why did they pluck the ears off?  I worked 3 days on that Blackheart Quest for all that cool virtual stuff, and they go deface my prized Minnie Hat.  >:{

Back off gas.he!!  If it's purple, it's mine!! :slap:

:lolg:

PrincessWendyBird

Just to clarify - King is being a smart azz here.  :lolg: And purpleduck, I totally agree. I wasn't defending their CYA moves - just stating that is what it felt like to us. I want to sit and blink and stack things. Oh and I want some better clothes! Please!!!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

Just to clarify - King is being a smart azz here.  :lolg: And purpleduck, I totally agree. I wasn't defending their CYA moves - just stating that is what it felt like to us. I want to sit and blink and stack things. Oh and I want some better clothes! Please!!!

All's good with me you two ;)

I knew he was playing, and so was I!  (mostly.. I get kinda possessive about my purple y'know) :lolg:

Sorry if it appeared I thought you were defending them.. I was just so (finally) outraged at this stupid waste of time to cover their butts.. I want to :cpubroke: them instead!  You just had the CYA comment I borrowed to share my frustration.  :hug:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

All I can say is thank goodness some place on the world wide web this is no longer being discussed. Because no one could defend this move. Wow missed a bullet on that one . By doing this they are letting the people who have been defending this game a slap in the face. We have gone out on a limb sometimes and bang they do this. No happy though I do like the hat can not wait to wear it. But gee could they have not made it pastel pink, blue, green etc. even I have that much imagination. Time to write VFK

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II

All I can say is thank goodness some place on the world wide web this is no longer being discussed. Because no one could defend this move. Wow missed a bullet on that one . By doing this they are letting the people who have been defending this game a slap in the face. We have gone out on a limb sometimes and bang they do this. No happy though I do like the hat can not wait to wear it. But gee could they have not made it pastel pink, blue, green etc. even I have that much imagination. Time to write VFK

In my opinion, very bad judgement on their part.  How much do they want to push the envelope?  Are they looking for trouble?  This move makes me think they may be really trying to stir the pot. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Well I sent off a letter to VFK. They needed to know they crossed the line on this one. May I suggest doing the same I titled mine Princess Hat what were you thinking

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

In my opinion, very bad judgement on their part.  How much do they want to push the envelope?  Are they looking for trouble?  This move makes me think they may be really trying to stir the pot. 

Why are they trying to stir the pot. Makes no sense. I was not happy when I wrote my letter and told them that many of us have lost friends supporting them. We feel the slap.

But after my rant I did end with it is not too late to change the color or add lines something. And look foward to new and exiting things you have planned.

PrincessWendyBird

I knew he was playing, and so was I!  (mostly.. I get kinda possessive about my purple y'know) :lolg:

Sorry if it appeared I thought you were defending them.. I was just so (finally) outraged at this stupid waste of time to cover their butts.. I want to :cpubroke: them instead!  You just had the CYA comment I borrowed to share my frustration.  :hug:

Hugs purple duck.he.  :hug: Perhaps I am still in "freak out" mode from other experiences. Takes deep breath. -Repeats to self- "It is safe to post here. It is safe to post here."  :rofl1: :rofl3:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

ok I talked to VFK_Harmony and asked to to pass on to VFK we need th hat changed in color at least. She said she will. she says so many want VMK stuff and when it happens people take a fit. I said the hat is fine just change the color rofl.

PS new room for sale going to find out now :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

Hugs purple duck.he.  :hug: Perhaps I am still in "freak out" mode from other experiences. Takes deep breath. -Repeats to self- "It is safe to post here. It is safe to post here."  :rofl1: :rofl3:

Hugs right back at ya gf!  For me, this was my first "freak out", when I saw this hat.. so I too need to take a few of those deep breaths!

PrincessWendyBird

ok I talked to VFK_Harmony and asked to to pass on to VFK we need th hat changed in color at least. She said she will. she says so many want VMK stuff and when it happens people take a fit. I said the hat is fine just change the color rofl.

Hmmm, this makes me wonder how much input they are getting from their children who played VMK. I can see kids begging for those things they miss or were never able to get playing VMK. So, I also will write them about the hat. Perhaps they need more "grown up" feedback that is constructive. Just a thought.  :hmmmm:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Ok I just asked Surf if we could change the color of princess hat. She said yes they will be a different color. I said woot I can sleepy good to night she said :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Hmmm, this makes me wonder how much input they are getting from their children who played VMK. I can see kids begging for those things they miss or were never able to get playing VMK. So, I also will write them about the hat. Perhaps they need more "grown up" feedback that is constructive. Just a thought.  :hmmmm:

Well when I was telling harmony not one kid said keep the same color :)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic

Hi,

I am glad to see that it was not me being to critical but the hat did me in. I really do not hate VFK and I wanted them to succeeded in what I thought we were promised. A cool fun new game about history. I did love VMK and I have laid it to rest and moved on but I do not want to see our beloved game disrespected. I really feel that hat was done on purpose. If they took the time to write that wonderful history about princess hats and put those pictures on their home page why not make it look like the hat in the pictures. give it stripes, a different color maybe a different style veil. None of that would have been to difficult. But they choose to go with a hat that simply had ears cut off. Sorry but that crosses the line.

If they do change the color of the hat i think it is too little too late. The damage is done. They need to learn to make the right choices in the first place and not trying to write long winded excuses about why their items look like they do including fireworks.

Please VFK if you read this lay VMK to rest. Give us an innovate new fun game that will make us forget the past and fall in love with you for what you are- your own game. If you can not do that then sadly I will have to give up on you...

Bug
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up