VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VFK front page has been updated 7/10 - princess hats (not so gnomey)  (Read 29983 times)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Do I get a special award for my discovery. :trophy: I can see how totally unuseful it is.
Sure but why not go ahead and give us the whole thing ;) .....

A Word from Sara
July 10th, 2008

As we research our period wardrobes, we are also starting to test several of our newest creations. We were so pleased to have CynAnne accept our latest creation, the Princess or Damsel Hat, as a birthday gift and agree to test it for everyone.

As we researched the Princess or Damsel Hat, we discovered that its origin is somewhat shrouded in mystery, though it appears to be reasonably prominent in artwork beginning in the 15th century, especially among royalty.

There is also an interesting article about this type of hat on wikipedia under the term hennin, which also includes a number of examples of artwork displaying the Damsel Hat.

This is a very popular style of hat in theatrical productions and reenactments and if you would like one in real life, you can find numerous theatrical costume shops who sell them. Some of them are quite beautifully designed, and would honor any princess :-)

Of the numerous examples we reviewed in creating our Princess Hat for the many Princesses in our Kingdom, we liked the painting by Thomas Reynolds Lamont titled “The Prince’s Choice” the best. Our graphic artists fell in love with this painting and it became the inspiration for our Princess Hat.

We imagine that CynAnne and our other princesses would all have been “The Prince’s Choice” with this hat!

Sara
Virtual Family Kingdom

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:48 PM by Adventuredaz »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
VFK front page has been updated
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:35 PM »

I will let Adventure post pics and note from developers. But it goes into how they chose the princess hat. And how they made fireworks and what was the thinking behind the game.

As promised they are starting to give historical references to the items. Very interesting read :) Does what me to google more :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:38 PM by littlebelle »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I posted the fireworks update in the fireworks thread.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Too funny you quoted my scroll beta testing :) but it works fir this too. Yes but you are good at giving us the pics that go with it :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

See Add you are a pro at pics :) so it the princess hat will look like VMK with out the ears. Hope it is pink though and not the yellow orange thingy. And what to wear with it rofl.

So what are the las Vegas odds on when we will be able to sit. All I am learning about history and sitting is they all must have had major hemroids since they never sat :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)

See Add you are a pro at pics :) so it the princess hat will look like VMK with out the ears. Hope it is pink though and not the yellow orange thingy. And what to wear with it rofl.

So what are the las Vegas odds on when we will be able to sit. All I am learning about history and sitting is they all must have had major hemroids since they never sat :)

ROFL Belle!   :rofl1:

I did hear sitting is the next major thing to happen, but I'm not a gambler.  Or not a very good one anyway.   ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

OMG!  :roflmao:  Too funny!

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I did hear sitting is the next major thing to happen, but I'm not a gambler.  Or not a very good one anyway.   ;)
I did not put my money on last Monday - I also would not plan my day around Australia - but I could be wrong on that.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

I did not put my money on last Monday - I also would not plan my day around Australia - but I could be wrong on that.

Well, besides finishing Monday, before we even have Australia, we still need to see the "mid week" horse riding by the founding members, as I recall. ::)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Well, besides finishing Monday, before we even have Australia, we still need to see the "mid week" horse riding by the founding members, as I recall. ::)
Maybe we all got or horses but they were stolen?? or got some colonial horse disease and they have quarentined the stable room.   ;)

They made quite a lundry list of stuff they were going to get out by Monday and are slowly getting those together - but they apparently had a birthday to take care of, aside from that I am confident they will eventualy deliver what they say in the game.  Still to early to say if there is any value to the founder package, so far the features they add are not super usefull to me but you never know. 

Incidently - I am not sure what other fireworks games they may have used to look at - but I did google fireworks games and did find a nuber out there to play.

NotAZoo

I did find their explanation on how they came up with the fireworks game a bit lame.   I mean to try to create some story about their research yet create a clone of VMKs game and make no mention of it, is a little hack in my opinion.   Don't get me wrong I don't mind the clone, but at least be honest with the people and just tell it like it is, or just don't say anything at all as it doesn't really help make them look any better to those who have been knocking VFK since day one.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

In honor of purple duck so she can dream of being a purple princess duck :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

In honor of purple duck so she can dream of being a purple princess duck :)

Thanks for posting it gf!  Wow is that an exact copy from VMK or what??!

NotAZoo

Wow and what is interesting is it looks nothing like the picture they apparently used as the model which they raved about up above.    I think there comes a point where they just need to admit the fact that if it existed in VMK, they are trying to Xerox it rather than just blatently create fancy stories to put up a smoke screen.   I actually have to admit that I am starting to get a little negative about VFK, and I feel like I am one of its biggest supporters.   I think what bothers me is that it seems like they think we are stupid and can't put two and two together.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

but it is purple not pink and no ears how can it be VMK I understand what you are saying they could of added in the lines or something. But the great stories do not fit the pics. Then I think are they writing this to say no we are not copying here is our research. I really enjoyed reading the history but seeing the final result though it made me feel like I want to reach into my computer and give them an big slap WAKE UP VFK.  They need to get those horses out fast by too much copying VMK they are losing any ground they have made.

I do not mind that the items look like VMK but they need to stop giving false history

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Well, to be honest Zoo, I think it is more CYA than trying to get us to buy a story if you know what I mean. I think we are seeing their copyright defense at work.

NotAZoo

Oh I completely agree, but save all that stuff for the lawyers and spare me the insult.   I mean I think many of us are smart people and if they wanted to do anything to really help their case....at least make it Yellow or Powder Blue for the first release.   Then come out with the Pink/Purple one later.    I just think they keep doing things that are asking for criticism and potential legal issues.....like Belle said, I want to put my hands through the screen and shake them and say...just be smart for once!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up