VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: **VFK I Scream for Ice Cream Quest June 20th, 7:00 AM pt** New start time!  (Read 10131 times)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic

VFK I Scream for Ice Cream Quest
June 20th (Friday), 5:00 PM Pacific Time, to June 21st (Saturday), 10:00 PM Pacific Time

With all this hot summer weather we need something to beat the summer heat and what is better then Ice Cream!!

This Friday and Saturday play our "I Scream for Ice Cream" quest and learn all the chilling history about Ice Cream, and maybe a little about popsicles too!

Get ready for some cool summer fun and prizes this weekend! Be there or be square.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:39 AM by Purpleduck »

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

I scream!  You scream!  We all scream for ice cream!!

Wow! It looks like the quests are already rolling in like mad!
(I'll never keep up. Just like in vmk. LOL  :crazy4: )

Looks like the fun has begun!

How have the quests been? Fun? Lame?

Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

Keeping in mind they are doing these for three reasons: 1. to develop the quest engine (different aspects of  games have different engines that run the function) 2. to find and work out bugs 3. to give us something to keep interested with.

With that in mind the quests have been pretty good in my opinion, I beleive they are based on the same engine they are using for the bird game but had to add features such as go to this room click this, go to this room say that. Because of this, The tasks are not structured the same as VMK.  There may be 12 Questions but 20 additional tasks.  They are definatly worth doing and they have been fun and easy for me, but many disagree.   Key Bugs effecting enjoyment:  1. Lack of a Map (lots of walking) 2. Stacked players bug (stuck at entry) - work around make a friend and jump 3. Lack of knowledge by players both regarding locations they need to go to and subject matter. 

A few things we all will need to get used to are the fact that there will likely be a learning facts aspect to most games and events in this game, also It seems the staff and developers have a sense of humor - Clearly the Pink couch has to be a Joke and they changed a whole wall color in the village because people were getting stuck on the wall and saying they were painting.  So these are some cool people that want us to have some fun.  I will also Add contrary to what some feel, they staff is able to be more responsive to the Chat log - without any call for help.  Often staff enters and knows whats going on - sometimes for trouble sometimes not but I have seen this during the quest and at other times.

I have to point out the difference between the quests. Quest 1 was go places - click things - answer questions Quest 2 Added say things. This means the 3rd quest will add another twist hopefully including the addition of Austalia and maybe emotion/action functions.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....

Woot! Another quest!  First one was somewhat frustrating not being able to move.(yes the stacked ppl at doorway/blocking)..but the second one was fun!

And wow, not only am I learning birds, also father's day and soon ice cream....
- must pull up google now to start reading about ice cream- :type:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

I am with you funfly!  :dance2: I am actually enjoying learning some of these new things. We have been using google for the quests and having our kids help us find the information. I absolutely adored the Father's Day Quest - I just thought it was creative and gave people unfamiliar with the game layout the chance to learn their way around. Granted, I will be happy once a map is added, but I really don't mind it and know a map is coming.

The one thing I like about the quests so far is that there are no timelines for the questions. So you are not scrambling in 4 minutes to find the answers. This really enabled us to get our kids involved in finding the answers without all of us freaking out that time would expire.  :D
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Hiya gf!  Besides what everyone here has said so far (which I concur with), it is nice to have a bit of a challenge - yes I used Google a lot too!  Probably the best way to know what they are like, is to look at the spoilers here for the first two quests.  Because Adventure added a bit more than we did in the VMK ones, by adding the questions as well.  So instead of just answers, you can "almost" do the quests here.  Check them out ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:06 PM by Adventuredaz »

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

(wrong button ;) )

Hiya gf!  Besides what everyone here has said so far (which I concur with), it is nice to have a bit of a challenge - yes I used Google a lot too!  Probably the best way to know what they are like, is to look at the spoilers here for the first two quests.  Because Adventure added a bit more than we did in the VMK ones, by adding the questions as well.  So instead of just answers, you can "almost" do the quests here.  Check them out ;)

I would note for your benifit Purpleduck, I love that we can cut and paste to and from VFK. ;) Just so you don't think I typed it all out.  It was easy to get the question - paste it here. then type the answer and paste the next instructions in.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Yes I too thought these quest are to help them work on quest machines and fix bugs and make sure they are fix. I have enjoyed the quests. Have learned short cuts. But my poor internet does not like VFK and searching for stuff. So instead of complaining of VFK memory hog. I just started another one of my computers  :rofl1:Yes because of VMK I had to get new laptops to keep up with their enhancements. Now I have way to many  :hitwall:

I have had no issue if I got stuck I just hit home and started again.

I think they do have a sense of humor. As much as the bird games is very challenging for me. I am learning and now when I am travelling and see a bird I appreciate them so much more. I even try and figure out what categories they may fall in.

Like I never knew why father's day and it was just not a hallmark holiday. And Nixion would never have thunk it that he made it offical. 64.3 million dad. And gas lights I did not know they were called that. I am so much smarter today :) :wavet:

Well off to learn more birds :)

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

I would note for your benifit Purpleduck, I love that we can cut and paste to and from VFK. ;) Just so you don't think I typed it all out.  It was easy to get the question - paste it here. then type the answer and paste the next instructions in.

Wicked sweet Adventure!!  Especially since their quests are that bit different from VMK's, so you can't just provide numbered answers!  I figured I was going to want to wait for Carioca to build another Pal.. this is wonderful news!

Thanks!  :clap2:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II

:icecream: :icecream: Another Quest Woot! Thanks for the info.   :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:
Should we all eat ice cream while completing the quest? 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

:icecream: :icecream: Another Quest Woot! Thanks for the info.   :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:

Sounds good to me, I like Starbucks Java Chip Ice Cream - so you pick that up for me ;)

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't begin to add games to their quest requirements...that's when I'll be high-tailing it out of there for my own good.

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Happy, that is a great idea! I do believe we will have a family sundae night after we finish the quest!  :icecream: (Not during here or we would have some sticky laptop keys)  :type:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't begin to add games to their quest requirements...that's when I'll be high-tailing it out of there for my own good.

Shouldn't that road runner be red with a black top hat?  Or did Happy dye the feathers blue?   :)

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

Coolio! Sounds like fun!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Hmmmmmm!! Starbucks Java Chip Ice Cream :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Shouldn't that road runner be red with a black top hat?  Or did Happy dye the feathers blue?   :)

Eh...she ran away too quickly that she forgot to put them on. Yeah, that sounds about right.  :thumbs:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin

New start time for this quest.. 7:00 AM PDT today

Pages: [1]   Go Up